Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-03-2012, 03:33 PM   #57
Sarah

Drives: Camaro LLT ABM
enough said.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #58
Alaskan_SS

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel Tintcoat Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourmz View Post
When I took delivery of my SS in Oct 09 I picked it up at the docks and made it as far as New Seward & 36th before a green bullet edition mustang driven by some kid started to get pushy with me getting real close to my rear and reving his engine. Being that my overall 5th gen camaro experience was 10 min. I just went along at the speed limit. He finally gave up and went around me balls out only to be pulled over by a merging police car. As I went by I honked the horn and waived. Every kid in Anchorage that drives a car with some power thinks that they are Paul Walker or Vin Diesel.
That's so crazy!!!! That't where all this took place. I was on New Seward at 36th pointed towards town. Too funny.
Alaskan_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #59
Alaskan_SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhood View Post
This thread is full of bad Karma.

Thank you, but come june it will be Southern Cal SS....being stationed at Edwards AFB.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #60
Alaskan_SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan SS View Post
Karma will usually get you back. That's why this happened. I would guess it's a safe bet that the Audi driver had it coming. Good thing it happened before someone got hurt. Hopefully, the driver slows down a little...

BTW - Nice handle, OP.
Wow, man, I really wasn't trying to copy...my apologies
Old 03-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #61
Alaskan_SS

I understand that I could have warned the other guy. When I was in high school i had a 1965 Mustang (I know...I can hear the boos) and I floored it leaving my high school parking lot. Everyone was telling me to burn out. So I did, and promptly got pulled over. The cop was nice, said he could have thrown the book at me. But all I got was a speeding ticket...35 in a 20 school zone. I learned a lot from that. I just wanted the kids in the Audi to learn the same thing. Thankfully he didn't get too far before the cop turned his lights on. I would have felt horrible if he hit someone.

Anyway, glad everyone got a kick out of it.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:04 PM   #62
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
Karma Shmaarma, if you think you are in control of anothers actions, then you're not living on this planet. Face it, they were responsible for thier own actions and could have easily just taken it normally, but kids will be kids and a lesson was learned.

Better is was done there, no one was hurt and I'm sure when they told thier parents, the lesson was well learned. Good Karma, they will think twice before trying it again. Had they not been caught there, then they could have killed someone somewhere else. Good Job man!
Old 03-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #63
mhood
Orange Camaros Rule!

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3 RS IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan_SS View Post
Oh man, if it was another Camaro I would have warned him. ... I think I would have even warned a Mustang. They were young kids driving the Audi, probably mom's car. The antagonizing way they were acting just got me to do it.
...just a reminder.

Mary - Orange Camaros Rule!
mhood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:17 PM   #64
WileySG

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (IOM/IO)
They're really talking you up on some Audi website at this very minute!! Well played!!
IOM/IO Interior, Black Rally Stripes, MGW Shifter, Stainless Works LT Headers, Hi-Flow Cats, Borla S-Type Catback, C.A.I. Intake, JRE Tune, Pedders Sways/Sub Frame Inserts, Hotchkis Springs, Spohn Arms, Elite Engineering Catch Can, The Powdercoater IOM Brake Calipers, Forgestar F14/Nitto Invo, Camaro Style CF Console, MPD1 Spoiler, SLP Splitter, EmblemPro Goodies

WileySG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #65
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I say you did the right thing. Street racing is just plain stupid. It can kill.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #66
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
stupid Audi driver(obviously not paying attention to his surroundings)
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #67
The SwiftChancelor

Drives: SGM, 2011 2SS/RS, L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
Karma is bullshit anyways. No such thing.
Oh yeah? I guess you never watched My Name is Earl. Haha JK. I do believe in it though, watch out, it'll get'cha.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:48 PM   #68
fourmz
Fourmz

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 1968 Firebird 1994 Z28
Quote:
That's so crazy!!!! That't where all this took place. I was on New Seward at 36th pointed towards town. Too funny.
Ha! That is funny.
Black-in-Black/Blue out 2010 2SS/RS LS-3 -Magnacharger TVS2300,OD cog belt drive, 3.4" pulley, Janetty smooth idle blower cam,ID-850 injectors,ZL1 fuel pump,MSD boost a pump, ADM FPCM Janetty custom tune,Doug Thorley long tube headers, Corsa catback,C.A.I. Intake, Roto-Fab Big Gulp Scoop, Monster LT1/SC Clutch assembly,Eibach pro kit plus, BMR cradle/diff bushings, Barton Shifter,JRE 3.91 Eaton Tru-Trac rear diff,Barton Short Throw SHifter, Boss 339 20" wheels,Painted heritage grille, Sparks Restoration Inverted blue/black SS emblems, Seibon BB carbon fiber hood, ZL1 front bumper conversion.
fourmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #69
knitetrain05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary Edi
No. That was funny
knitetrain05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #70
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
So I need some feedback. Up here is Alaska I don't get the opportunity to drive my Camaro very often. But when I do, I try to enjoy it. The other night I was sitting at a red light on a three lane road. I was in the middle, and to the left was an unmarked police car. He checked the car out and waved. On my right was an Audi. Now he was reving his engine wanting to race....completely oblivious of the cop next to me. I looked over at the cop and gave him the old head nod over in the Audi's direction. Then the light turned green and off went the Audi......and shortly after, off went the cop too. I was laughing so hard. I actually held back a second to give him the opportunity to cross in front of me. So here's the question. Was I wrong?
ALWAYS do something like this to a foreign POS!!!
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote