Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-12-2009, 07:24 PM   #1
l008com

Drives: 2013 1LT Crystal Red/Beige Manual
Costco Auto Program?

Can you guys tell me more about this? I've seen two references to it on this forum. It sounds too good to be true. Get a costco membership and get cars at invoice? How much is a costco mebership anyway? Is it really as good as it sounds? Anyone know if I'd be able to use my GM card money in addition to the deal costo could get me? If this is so good, why isn't everyone in the world using it? Does anyone know when the Camaro will get into this program, and what the $ will be?
Old 01-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #2
InventoryGuy

Drives: Tundra
dealerships sign up to a Costco program. There is "agreed" upon pricing that the dealer is not supposed to alter.

Naturally not all cars are eligible for the program. I am sure the Camaro will not be allowed on the list for some time. the dealer actual determines what they sell the cars for, not costco. but most is a very good price.
InventoryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #3
l008com

So how do I know if the dealer is really giving me this costco official price, or if he's just pulling a high number out of his ass and telling me thats the costco price?
Old 01-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #4
l008com

And also... does this mean each dealership pre-negotiates their own prices for the costco program for all their cars? So every costco dealer will have different prices? And since they won't tell me the prices unless I go see them, I still have to drive around to a bunch of dealerships and double check the price i'm given etc just as if i was buying a car normally?
Old 01-12-2009, 07:58 PM   #5
InventoryGuy

if you are a costco member they post a "guideline" of what you might pay. Hate to break it to you, but buying programs like this are just another "lead" provider to a dealership. Costco (or anyone else for that matter) could care less as long as you are not mistreated.

I have seen many a customer come to my store and have a 'costco" price that is printed off the internet that I can't get anywhere near without losing a ton.

Best piece of advice, do your research and know the values of the car you are buying. Don't rely on buying programs because you are more likely to have games played because when they list them at a crazy loser price they will ALWAYS try to find other avenues of profit.

At the end of the day is it more important to pay less than the Jone's or get a good deal YOU are happy with?
Old 01-15-2009, 05:55 PM   #6
SAE05
inconspicuous observer

Drives: 05 GTO
. . . get ready

Wally Mart will be selling dirt cheap Chinese and India built throw away cars within 2 . . . 3 years at the most.

Old 01-15-2009, 08:39 PM   #7
littlecammi

Drives: '87 Pontiac Fiero GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAE05 View Post
Wal*Mart will be selling cheap cars built in China and India within 2 or 3 years.
To buy one you'll just have to set it in your cart and push it to the checkout lanes.
littlecammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 06:44 AM   #8
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecammi View Post
To buy one you'll just have to set it in your cart and push it to the checkout lanes.
bummer...that sounds like a lot of trouble. I was hoping it would be a vending machine on the front sidewalk.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:17 AM   #9
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
bummer...that sounds like a lot of trouble. I was hoping it would be a vending machine on the front sidewalk.
Dude, I gotta say you got some of the best one liners I see in these parts...
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 07:13 PM   #10
InventoryGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by interrex View Post
Something to think about,, if you have a recall or want to have it serviced, is Costco going to do it? No way, you are better off looking for a dealer with respectable credentials. I have trouble buying off of middle men like businesses when it comes to warranty issues . Just to save a few dollars in the long run it will cost you more and a headache.
You don't buy it from Costco. It is purely a lead provider. Which means it is an avenue for the dealership to get in contact with more people. Dealerships actually pay Costco and other types of companies for the "leads" (customers) that they get in contact with. It is purely another revenue generating idea but companies like Costco and the like.