Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #281
brucedd
Account Suspended

Drives: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenBear View Post
Since I saw the photo of the CRT ZL1 Convertible with polished wheels, I now want a date immediately as to when my yet to be ordered 2013 ZL1 Convertible is going to be delivered!

I'm kidding, of course.

Where did you see that Please???
brucedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:23 AM   #282
Catfish
Catfish

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 #361
Hey guys, I just checked GM Connects for my status. It still showed 4B00 on the main page. However, when I clicked on the "History" tab, it showed this:

03/29/2012
(4106) Bailment released (vehicle has left plant property).
03/29/2012
(4150) Invoiced (order is invoiced to the dealer).

ROMINA IS ON THE WAY HOME!!!

You guys might want to check the history on your order. Seems it updates before the front page does.
Performance Mods to Date:
Rotofab cold air intake, Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers w/ Calico KoolBlack ceramic coating, Kooks high flow cats, Corsa 3" X-pipe cat-back exhaust, 160 degree thermostat, 2.50" Supercharger Pulley, PCM Catch Can, Rotofab Supercharger Reservoir, 1000cc Injectors, MSD Boost-a-Pump,Tuned by PCM of NC
604 RWHP & 622 RWT !!

Also, 2001 Silverado Z71, Pewter w/ Extended Cab & 2013 Chevy Cruise LTZ/RS White
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #283
shreded1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Mine says the same thing so, I'm not sure if it shipped or not.
shreded1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:30 AM   #284
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Many have asked: "What exactly was the Quality Assessment for?"

Exactly that: Quality.

Every new model at modely year changeover goes thru a "Quality Assessement" - this is important in that each year, there are hundreds of changes - even on a model that's at the end of its lifecycle (think 2012 Impala) - and because of those changes, we put a fleet of CTF (Captive Test Fleet) vehicles into service. Each driver is required to go over the vehicle with a fine-tooth comb and we must accumulate, as I recall, a minimum of 200,000 CTF miles prior to "STC" (Ship to commerce)

Consider this: --over a quarter of the part numbers on the ZL1 are unique to that model - that's a lot of parts! We may not be happy with the appearance of a trim panel - -or how two parts fit together. In the interior, we may not be happy with the fact that gloss levels on two adjoining parts do not match - or perhaps the graining pattern isn't quite right. (many of the early 2010 Camaros in the late winter of 2009 sat awaiting replacement inserts for the interior doors - ) Keep in mind that there are thousands of vendors that produce these parts - so it's an 'orchestration' to ensure that 'all is as it should be' (...I think I've posted those last 6 words at least a couple of hundred of times in the past month....)

So......quality assessment is nothing new. Far from it!

What IS new: The internet and the ability for people to get a lot of information "today' that they could not have gotten a few years ago.....and many expect that we should ship the cars RIGHT NOW.

That's a noble goal....BUT - quality must be the guiding light in all we do.......and thus, we do not ship the cars unless manufacturing, engineering, and marketing all sign-off -- and only then will we "ship to commerce" --

In fact, it could be argued that perhaps we 'over-scrutinize' -- and, as one of our team members put it "...we can only ship them once - so we have to get it right!...."

Sooooo....."Quality Assessment" is really a good thing (albeit a bit of a wait....) - because we want you to experience "Perma-Grin" from the time you first see your beloved Camaro in person - and for many years after that......

Last edited by fbodfather; 03-30-2012 at 11:40 AM.
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #285
RULK

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

Every new model - (and every older model at model-year-changeover...) goes thru a "Quality Assessement" - this is important in that each year, there are hundreds of changes - even on a model that's at the end of its lifecycle (think 2012 Impala) - and because of those changes, we put a fleet of CTF (Captive Test Fleet) vehicles into service. Each driver is required to go over the vehicle with a fine-tooth comb and we must accumulate, as I recall, a minimum of 200,000 CTF miles prior to "STC" (Ship to commerce)

Consider this: --over a quarter of the part numbers on the ZL1 are unique to that model - that's a lot of parts! We may not be happy with the appearance of a trim panel - -or how two parts fit together. In the interior, we may not be happy with the fact that gloss levels on two adjoining parts do not match - or perhaps the graining pattern isn't quite right. (many of the early 2010 Camaros in the late winter of 2009 sat awaiting replacement inserts for the interior doors - ) Keep in mind that there are thousands of vendors that produce these parts - so it's an 'orchestration' to ensure that 'all is as it should be' (...I think I've posted those last 6 words at least a couple of hundred of times in the past month....)

What IS new: The internet and the ability for people to get a lot of information "today' that they could not have gotten a few years ago.....and many expect that we should ship the cars RIGHT NOW.

That's a noble goal....BUT - quality must be the guiding light in all we do.......and thus, we do not ship the cars unless manufacturing, engineering, and marketing all sign-off -- and only then will we "ship to commerce" --

In fact, it could be argued that perhaps we 'over-scrutinize' -- and, as one of our team members put it "...we can only ship them once - so we have to get it right!...."

Sooooo....."Quality Assessment" is really a good thing (albeit a bit of a wait....) - because we want you to experience "Perma-Grin" from the time you first see your beloved Camaro in person - and for many years after that......
Well said Scott. Thanks for everything you do for us on C5.
RULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #286
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
following up on my last post about "quality" and the appearance of interior components.....

Some on this site have been critical of our materials -- particularly the I.P. and the appearance. Two years ago at one of our Industry Autoshows, I walked a small group of Camaro owners thru a review of a 2010 Camaro 2LT on the show floor. I showed them how parts fit - how gloss levels match along with the graining from one adjoining part to another......and how the color depth matches.............and THEN I walked them over to one of the highline "Foreign" brands....... and we looked at a vehicle that listed for nearly $70K. I showed them the wide differences in color depth - the graining mismatches - and (here was a real shocker) - how there were incongruent gaps in panels -- the enthusiasts were shocked - and a few of them said "...I'd have never noticed this...." and "...I'm shocked that this luxury brand looks so bad in comparison to what you just showed us!...I mean, after all, it's a ________!....."

Now - some people would never notice these things - but what IS true about me and many of my fellow Camaro enthusiasts:

We would polish our cars every day if we had the time......we would lovingly vacuum the interiors and dust every little nook and cranny-- Every Day!..........and WE notice these differences --

It's all about trying to deliver the best possible product to you - as we want you as a customer for life.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #287
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
Sling shot many of us including myself were forced to get the exposed forcing myself and others to pay an additional 600 bux for something we didn't even want

I just think it would have been much more fair to just give everyone the same discount across the board for all orders.
Old 03-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #288
FAST ZL1

Drives: 2012 Ashen Grey ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

Every new model - (and every older model at model-year-changeover...) goes thru a "Quality Assessement" - this is important in that each year, there are hundreds of changes - even on a model that's at the end of its lifecycle (think 2012 Impala) - and because of those changes, we put a fleet of CTF (Captive Test Fleet) vehicles into service. Each driver is required to go over the vehicle with a fine-tooth comb and we must accumulate, as I recall, a minimum of 200,000 CTF miles prior to "STC" (Ship to commerce)

Fbodfather,

What is the deal with the carbon fiber insert? If my car has the painted one and is still sitting at 3000 status, how long am I going to have to wait? It isn't being moved when others have. I would rather have the exposed one but because that was on constraint before it was ordered with the painted one. Now it is the other way around. Whats the deal?
FAST ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #289
Mike535
iRacing Pro

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1 1LE
Thank's FbodFather for all the infos.
You rock man !!!!!
Mike535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:40 AM   #290
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Thanks Fbodfather, they are all getting just a little bit closer to home with each passing day. I am sure that right after each one of us fires her up for the first time, the agony of being in QC will quickly be forgotten and rapidly replaced with ULTRA PERMAGRIN
Old 03-30-2012, 11:41 AM   #291
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Congrats to all!

Hundreds and hundreds of cars are, I'm sure, going out as quickly as possible. UGH! How I remember the feeling!

I can't WAIT to see delivery pictures!

I wonder who's going to make front page with the first ZL1 delivery!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #292
rrubio

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2012 Audi Q7
my TPW was originally april 30th, with all your cars about to get shipped, i really hope mine is built sooner than that! its gonna suck to see one on the road while waiting for mine!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 12:18 PM   #293
yoshie

Drives: ZL1, ,GMC Z71 ,TJ
vin.#476 has left the yard ,coming home to so cal.

Last edited by yoshie; 03-30-2012 at 02:39 PM.
yoshie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:15 PM   #294
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake Heminger View Post
BIG QUESTION... WHY WOULD YOU PAINT CARBON FIBER? IT LOOKS SO GOOD IT DOESNT NEED TO BE HIDDEN UNDER PAINT! lol
Team colours, personalization, using CF for weight, not looks, the list goes on...

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote