Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-11-2010, 12:56 PM   #15
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Hey guys. She's NOT asking us for money. She's NOT asking us for help.

She's just simply using the 'off topic' forum to share her story.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #16
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
maybe she's just lookin for advice. well plenty has been offered so far.
sell the cars in the yard and get a reliable one.

their neighbors would probably appreciate it too.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:31 PM   #17
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Yea 8 cars,

Id be selling them for whatever I could, in my experience if you REALLY need $$, youll take what you can get.

couldnt you have used some of the money you used to buy the boneville to get some of your cars running?

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 08:45 PM   #18
Zhawk
Iroc's Love Slave

Drives: 3 Camaros, 1 Vette, a Buick, & a 57
Wow, glad you all seem to have your lives under complete control.

Before you react emotionally to that. Keep calm and read. This all started because we decided to help out my sister who was in dire straits. I gave her the car I had as my winter driver before I had a replacement. OK, bad move on my part.
When we tested the Bonneville, I had just taken my Percocet or I might have been more observant.
When the tranny problem became evident, we were caught in a momentary tight bind. With Washington weather already having had a frozen snap and now going through flood level rains, driving a powerful RWD back and forth to a graveshift job isn't a good idea (mostly because of some of our idiots on the road).
So, when things were in flux, Tammy wanted to vent. Where better than here? Or so she thought.

Now, without sacrificing the 'toys' we have spent time collecting, (And if anyone is honest, they would readily admit that selling them would take time and is not a sure thing) we have one. A friend that I have helped in the past is pulling the transaxle and another is giving us an excellent deal in rebuilding.

We hate asking for help. And no one here was being asked to give any. So, before you all jump on us for any bad decisions you think we have made, think for a minute. And have some compassion for someone who finds themselves in a moment of panic or worry.

Thanks for reading and thinking about this. And please, consider having some compassion.

Has anyone seen my sanity? I am hiding from it and don't want it sneaking up on me!
Zhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:12 PM   #19
custompainter
Retired and diggin it!

Drives: 2011 camaro ss/rs
Well said Zhawk. I remember my old g/f lived in Vancouver and her son bought a POS used car and was able to return it because of some LAW. A quick call could prove im nuts or it just might help. Either way I feel for ya bro. Been there myself. Good Luck and no matter what try and have a happy holiday.
custompainter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:22 PM   #20
Zhawk
Iroc's Love Slave

Thanks custompainter.
I have to say that a certain TSgt at Joint Base Lewis-McChord is the man. He's actually itching to pull that transaxle.

I guess my point was pretty much that most of us have found ourselves in tight or messed up spots. A moment of trouble shouldn't make anyone panic and dump things for way below their worth.

Has anyone seen my sanity? I am hiding from it and don't want it sneaking up on me!
Old 12-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #21
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Be nice to one another here. Having 8 cars doesn't make someone a millionaire. Please read the whole thread before continuing with that sort of criticism. Be nice. We're a family here.

Iroczlover, I hope everything works out for you. As someone with a certain level of familiarity with dealerships, I can tell you that your dealer is a swindle, tool, and as usual an idiot. There is no doubt that you got scammed. Their service department probably looked under the hood and found a long list of concerns. As commissioned mechanics, they probably did everything they could to get those things fixed, but the used car manager wanted to increase the bottom line on the deal by leaving the car in bad shape. Fight it hard. Report to the BBB. Complain to the Chamber of Commerce. Eventually, you will get this resolved, but it takes a certain level of patience. Hopefully, you don't have to spend a fortune before they finally do agree to help you at least a little bit.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:15 PM   #22
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Be nice to one another here. Having 8 cars doesn't make someone a millionaire. Please read the whole thread before continuing with that sort of criticism. Be nice. We're a family here.

Iroczlover, I hope everything works out for you. As someone with a certain level of familiarity with dealerships, I can tell you that your dealer is a swindle, tool, and as usual an idiot. There is no doubt that you got scammed. Their service department probably looked under the hood and found a long list of concerns. As commissioned mechanics, they probably did everything they could to get those things fixed, but the used car manager wanted to increase the bottom line on the deal by leaving the car in bad shape. Fight it hard. Report to the BBB. Complain to the Chamber of Commerce. Eventually, you will get this resolved, but it takes a certain level of patience. Hopefully, you don't have to spend a fortune before they finally do agree to help you at least a little bit.

Thanks Blur, but its a used dealership & in washington state if its on their lot, & its used, you have no recourse. Now if it was in like a lot sale in like Kmart, then you have a few days to take it back. Our insurance guy told us that.

The car is out of their hands & at a co workers/ Friends of Zhawk's. He is removing the tranny & then even may take it up to the tranny guy. (who is a really close friend of ours & even won against me in racing & wishes to beat me again lol) Then he will get the tranny back & in the car.

with him doing this, we ended up giving him (for his son) one of our 1:6th scale camaros (the hotrod 69 camaro) to give his 4 or 5yr old son for xmas.

had a small fight with the dealership today they didnt want to give the car up, saying it was in their shop & the shop was closed until monday. but we did go pick it up. I walked in They handed me the keys & said the car was parked out back. We go the car & drove it on base from there the boys took care of the car while I was at a birthday party with our daughter Out ice skating.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:19 PM   #23
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
Thanks Blur, but its a used dealership & in washington state if its on their lot, & its used, you have no recourse. Now if it was in like a lot sale in like Kmart, then you have a few days to take it back. Our insurance guy told us that.

The car is out of their hands & at a co workers/ Friends of Zhawk's. He is removing the tranny & then even may take it up to the tranny guy. (who is a really close friend of ours & even won against me in racing & wishes to beat me again lol) Then he will get the tranny back & in the car.

with him doing this, we ended up giving him (for his son) one of our 1:6th scale camaros (the hotrod 69 camaro) to give his 4 or 5yr old son for xmas.

had a small fight with the dealership today they didnt want to give the car up, saying it was in their shop & the shop was closed until monday. but we did go pick it up. I walked in They handed me the keys & said the car was parked out back. We go the car & drove it on base from there the boys took care of the car while I was at a birthday party with our daughter Out ice skating.
If you're going to get your friend to do the work, at least promise to raise hell about this incident. That other dealership should regret screwing you. Be sure to report everything to everyone you can. If you can swing it, take out an ad in the paper telling people not to buy there, and send it to them.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:30 PM   #24
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
If you're going to get your friend to do the work, at least promise to raise hell about this incident. That other dealership should regret screwing you. Be sure to report everything to everyone you can. If you can swing it, take out an ad in the paper telling people not to buy there, and send it to them.
Not doing the ad in the paper doing something worse. Its a Military weekend for zhawk so that means alot of the car guys that he hangs out with are on base as well. I also told a couple of the local GTP (grand prix guys) who offered to help out as well. lol they just want a tech session. & the local corvette group.

The military guys protect their own, & are telling their friends, our insurance agent saw that they had a 95 corvette there that he was going to go look at, Not anymore. & several of the low ranked Military guys buy there or are looking at cars there. again NOT anymore.

Also one of the other guys Zhawk hangs out with is in to the low riders & hes spreading the word around the low riders.

car guys we stick together (well most of us)

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:37 PM   #25
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
I recall your thread about your sister-in-law and the details involved with her asking for a car. I'm sorry to hear about the bad luck you are having after being way more generous than I would have been by giving them the car. I hope you both get back on your feet soon and can still manage to have a wonderful Christmas with your family. Just remember what Christmas is really about....it certainly isn't about gifts. If it were me in that situation I would cancel the gifts and take the saved money and have a really nice meal with your family. Time together is way more important than any material items. Your kids are old enough they should understand that.
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 06:33 AM   #26
Zhawk
Iroc's Love Slave

Big Brunsy, maybe there is something menatlly wrong with me but, I just can't abandon people. Giving the Regal to my sister wasn't really for her. I just think that her son deserves to have his parents around as much as possible.
What happened to them looks to be a wke up call, at least to my sister. Her husband is still an idiot.

As Tammy said, this last weekend was my reserve weekend. I let a bunch of guys learn from my problem and they are all going to steer clear of B&B. Plus, many of them are going to put the word out. A couple work as civilian of the Lewis side of the base (army) and going to spread the word their. One guy is spreading the word through the lowrider communities.

We'll get the car fixed without having a fire sale. I'm even working out ways to repay our friends who are helping us. It may take me time but, I will do it.
As for why I found myself short on the cash. I was forced to dayshift and that cost me about $300 every 2 weeks. I cleared out bills, dropping my account balance, to make things work. I am now back on nightshift, in a unit where I have senority, so my pay is back up and I will be able to build everything back up.

One more thing to drop into this, the day that this thread was started, Iroczlover was probably under some heavy stress. Not only were we trying to deal with the Bonneville, I was having a VERY bad day when it comes to managing my pain. Let's put it this way: Percocet was not cutting it. So, with all of that going on, things looked very bleak at the moment.
With time passing, and friends supporting us (even after telling us, that we made a mistake), things seem better.

We'll pull through this. Our kids have been wonderful and offered up their bank accounts. I have to say, I have a wonderful family and some rock solid friends.