Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-23-2009, 11:24 PM   #99
briwalbri

Drives: 2008 Roush 427R
Send a message via Yahoo to briwalbri
cool t-shirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarino View Post
Not quite a t-shirt but I found this one and thought it was a good one.
Attached Images

briwalbri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:57 PM   #100
ezleeinfamous

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Camaro's are known as high performance vehicles. Only seems fitting to get the high performance V8 to keep up with the tradition. If chevy only made v6 camaro's from the first model til the 2010 model there wouldn't be any rivalry or comparison performance wise to other sports cars. It is the V8 that has given the camaro it's place in history not the v6. They are not known for v6's therefore I want a v8 because I want the best performance.

Hey buddy, sweet you have a new camaro! What's under the hood?????? I have a v6 under there. O! well those are still good lol
ezleeinfamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:53 PM   #101
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by briwalbri View Post
Not quite a t-shirt but I found this one and thought it was a good one.

lol yea they have that on a t-shirt on the website
i posted
Camarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:15 PM   #102
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezleeinfamous View Post
Camaro's are known as high performance vehicles. Only seems fitting to get the high performance V8 to keep up with the tradition. If chevy only made v6 camaro's from the first model til the 2010 model there wouldn't be any rivalry or comparison performance wise to other sports cars. It is the V8 that has given the camaro it's place in history not the v6. They are not known for v6's therefore I want a v8 because I want the best performance.

Yea but you miss the fact that this V6 is pretty much high performance as it performs as well as some V8's and therefore the V8 exceeds most expectations of a V8. It seems fitting that you get a camaro that is has a badass engine and in this case you cant go wrong with V6 or V8 its just the V8 is a little more. So if you want that little more get the V8 but you can't say to get high performance is only the V8 Don;t get me wrong when i get my cash together you can bet i'm puttin money down on an SS becuz i want that little extra, but i'm not gunna look down on the guy next to my gettin a V6 becuz either one of us'll spank a V6 mustang any day.
It has been said time and again by this forum and all Automotive magazines, that the V6 on this car has the best performance then any other entry level car and many automotive magazine test drivers have mistaken it for a V8.

Quote:
Hey buddy, sweet you have a new camaro! What's under the hood?????? I have a v6 under there. O! well those are still good lol
If i hadda V6 camaro i wood love to tell people it was a V6 this way i could see their jaw drop when it comes off the line, accelerates and digs in like a V8
Camarino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 09:14 AM   #103
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:

but those who actually know the camaro, know that if it werent for those v-6s, we wouldnt have a v-8 model.

like previous years, the majority of the buyers of this car will be buying the v-6.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 02:31 PM   #104
erasedgod
CGM 2SS/RS

Drives: # 9641
For some people, the v6 is a gateway drug. My first car was a '99 Firebird v6. I owned it for just less than 6 months before I bought my current Trans Am. I had both cars for about a year before I traded in the Firebird. I absolutely love the car as a whole. I can't believe that people who consider themselves "Camaro enthusiasts" would be such snobs toward the v6. It seems to me that these people would be just as happy in a much lesser car with any v8 in it.

If I couldn't afford the SS, I'd really be torn between keeping my Trans Am or trading it for a v6 2010. I'd probably be leaning toward the v6 though.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #105
Suskam

Drives: '11 Camaro/ '02 Grand Prix
This engine is just an awesome feat of technological design and power. I'm going to be proud to tell people I have the V6 version.
Old 03-18-2009, 02:50 PM   #106
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
After the 0-60 times of 6.1 and the skidpad of at least .75 came out, there is no way I will get a v6. On the other hand the average joe who just wants a car to daily drive with decent get up and go and an outstanding package will and wont even care about those numbers...me I'm not average lol
Old 03-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #107
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
After the 0-60 times of 6.1 and the skidpad of at least .75 came out, there is no way I will get a v6. On the other hand the average joe who just wants a car to daily drive with decent get up and go and an outstanding package will and wont even care about those numbers...me I'm not average lol

All I know is 6.1 is fast and 4.7 is faster. Nothing but to the 6'ers, hell, I was one till a week ago!
Old 03-18-2009, 05:33 PM   #108
PD123

Drives: Honda Civic EX '96
Is the 6.1 official?
Old 03-18-2009, 05:36 PM   #109
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Yea those are GM times on the website
Old 03-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #110
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PD123 View Post
Is the 6.1 official?
I think the 6.1 (V6) and the 4.7 (V8) are conservative numbers.
My Sky was listed to be a 8 second 0-60.. but I have been clocked at closer to 6.5.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:41 PM   #111
PD123

Drives: Honda Civic EX '96
The GM gas mileage also says 27 highway and 25 highway for the auto and manual, but they boast it as 29. The detail sheet appears out of date. It was ripped from the old website I believe.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #112
drivingincamaro

Drives: 95 civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
im sure some of the 6's numbers can be improved