Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Thumbs down It's official - No welcome kits for Canadians

Alright boys and girls. I just got off the phone with both GM US (called 2 numbers there) and GM Canada. Everyone I spoke to at GM US said they had no information on whether the welcome kits would be distributed to Canadian customers. GM Canada took my number and then called me back after checking with the GM Canada Marketing department. Their comment was as follows:

"GM Canada and GM US are 2 separate companies. (we knew that) Like many of the promotional and other marketing programs rarely are the programs from one country used in the other. If there ever is any overlap it is rare or it is on multinational programs such as when warranties lengthened. GM Canada Marketing is aware of the welcome letters/kits that are being distributed in the US and is not currently offering a similar program here. Further, at this time there is no plans to offer such a program in the future."

So we're out of luck. No personalized sketches or access to the special website. The representative I spoke to even tried to get 1 kit sent to me b/c I made a point of contacting them to ask and I strongly (but politely) suggested that they should be doing this program here. But she tells me that her request was turned simply b/c they do not have the ability to get such a kit personalized for me.

Oh well...... So who's gonna make me a custom one?!?

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
Baughman

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post
Alright boys and girls. I just got off the phone with both GM US (called 2 numbers there) and GM Canada. Everyone I spoke to at GM US said they had no information on whether the welcome kits would be distributed to Canadian customers. GM Canada took my number and then called me back after checking with the GM Canada Marketing department. Their comment was as follows:

"GM Canada and GM US are 2 separate companies. (we knew that) Like many of the promotional and other marketing programs rarely are the programs from one country used in the other. If there ever is any overlap it is rare or it is on multinational programs such as when warranties lengthened. GM Canada Marketing is aware of the welcome letters/kits that are being distributed in the US and is not currently offering a similar program here. Further, at this time there is no plans to offer such a program in the future."

So we're out of luck. No personalized sketches or access to the special website. The representative I spoke to even tried to get 1 kit sent to me b/c I made a point of contacting them to ask and I strongly (but politely) suggested that they should be doing this program here. But she tells me that her request was turned simply b/c they do not have the ability to get such a kit personalized for me.

Sorry to hear the bad news my friend
Old 03-13-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
kozzmo49

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs
dont worry, i ordered my car the first day possible and still havent gotten *hit!
kozzmo49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:33 PM   #4
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
I ordered in October and never got a welcome kit. My address is on the Workbench Order too. Anyone else in the US have this problem. PM me a good number and I'll call to find out and post back.
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:34 PM   #5
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
PM me your GM Canada contact. Time to ruffle some feathers.....
Old 03-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #6
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I just ordered Feb 20th so I may not get one but if I do I'll let somebody have it who wants it and hasn't got one allready. Or won't get one like the guys in Canada.
Old 03-13-2009, 02:41 PM   #7
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
That sucks. I think all of you who preordered deserve (at least) something like this, regardless of US or Canada. I'm' sorry aboot that Seriously though :(

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #8
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I ordered on 10/16/2008. No welcome kit for me either. Welcome to the "No Welcome Kit for YOU"! club......
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 02:45 PM   #9
CanadianCamaro

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM - A.K.A. DA ;)
Let's get t-shirts for that!

"BBOMG - More than just a car show.... It's an experience!"
CanadianCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:26 PM   #10
logan1080

Drives: 2003 Crew Cab Duramax
well I am pissed. they are made in Canada, by Canadians. We don't even get a welcome kit? I bet all those cars seen at the oshawa plant that are built are all heading to the US as well? We get the big effing shaft here. I live 16 hours from the plant. I bet I dont get my car until next winter, i will put money on it.
logan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:36 PM   #11
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Yeah this was just expected for me, i figured we always get screwed over, so i knew that this wouldnt be different. I just dont like the stupid 1400 freight charge, thats just ridiculous
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:37 PM   #12
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCamaro View Post

I can make you the sketch no problem. Already made a couple for other people here. Just shoot me a PM and tell me what you want on it.
#296 Delivered 6-1-09 Dynoed 10-3-09 384.56HP 387.65TQ with the bolt-ons listed, no tune.....yet!
Roto-Fab CAI (Install pics here), Doug Thorley Shorties, Flowmaster American Thunder 409S Cat Back Vid
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #13
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
On the bonus side, if you have a V6 ordered and you are from Canada, the V6's arent on constraint here
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:42 PM   #14
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
i got 2 welcome kits for sale!

nah seriously im sorry to hear that-bu youll still get ur cars

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote