Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 07-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #183
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Lets hope everything goes good. That's a long drive. Just got my car back last night, so im ready. At least the car is. I feel like a kid at Christmas. Looks like alot of fun

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #184
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
Hey everyone I'll be driving a good 12 hours to get up to MI. Not that it really matters, just throwing it out there.

How did you route your ducts? I've heard others have had trouble with the 3" size. I've installed 2"ers on my car (in overt orange no less).
The picture I posted above says it all really. I have one small zip tie to the bottom of the wheel liner. This will help keep it on the plastic bumper inlet and control the position there. I then used door trim with glue in it and put it around the sharp edges of where that front link mounts (the huge bushing hard point). I then used two zip ties and a clamp hose to control the position of the hose UNDER the front link while the suspension is going up and down (clamp hose has heater hose under it and its only purpose is to prevent zip ties from sliding up and down the link during suspension movement).

All of the clamps and zip ties in that area were configured with the wheel fully turned inside (full lock steering) and the contact to the hose was very minimal so I just don't go full lock when I drive any more but if I did the touch is very very minor.

Finally, I used an aluminum, hollow, square tube I bought for $6 and cut the "triangle" spacer. I dremeled slots in front and back of it so that I can use them to mount to the link (metal clamp hose with heater rubber under it) and to clamp the hose with a zip tie to the bracket. This bracket allows me to point the exit right at the hat inlet. The hose was positioned so that I am 5-10mm away from rotor face at full lock during steering). I put some aluminum tape around the edges of the hose, the tape is rated up to 350 degrees.

I drove the car for 3 weeks now and they are holding up good, not cut yet. Very intersted in how the will hold up at the track with higher speed and heat.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:44 PM   #185
Aimless

Drives: TANNHÄUSER
Yeah, sounds like our setups a re similar, I used velcro strips wrapped in a loop on mine. The only problem I see is the left side, Ive got a smaller funnel trying to share air with my adm scoop so i don't know if it will get as much cooling. I'll check the temps after a session to verify. Might swap the CAI intake with a vararam if that side gets too hot.
Aimless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:51 PM   #186
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Hey everyone I'll be driving a good 12 hours to get up to MI. Not that it really matters, just throwing it out there.
I guess technically I am driving 8hrs, but that sure isn't 12. I am coming from a few miles south of Moundsville,WV to my place, then to the hotel.
Quote:
Thanks for the well wishes but I drive aimlessly. Hence the screen name.

I'm actually more concerned about my rear diff taking a dump on the way back, or my valvetrain fliping me the bird before it decides to quit.

Nah, I'll be fine. been over the car with a fine tooth comb. If anything does happen I'll take it as an opportunity to upgrade some more.
I just had the rear diff internals and the driveshaft and hangers/carrier bearing replaced, OEM, oh and new rear monotubes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus95 View Post
I feel like a kid at Christmas. Looks like alot of fun
I know what you mean. I have been going through the track in my head all day. When I start thinking about the corners and the set-up lines and braking points, my heart starts pumping faster and my adrenaline starts pumping..... lol

Last edited by TLSTWIN; 07-17-2013 at 08:16 PM.
TLSTWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:50 PM   #187
Aimless

Drives: TANNHÄUSER
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
I guess technically I am driving 8hrs, but that sure isn't 12. I am coming from a few miles south of Moundsville,WV to my place, then to the hotel.

I just had the rear diff internals and the driveshaft and hangers/carrier bearing replaced, OEM, oh and new rear monotubes
My diff and axles have the slightest amount of play in them so it like to make a slight clunk over bumps. Had a shop I trust say that all of the splines, gears and the pinion backlash looks good though.

They suggested I beat the piss out of it and that's what I intend to do.
Aimless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #188
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:

Are you anywhere near RDP Motorsports in Perry, Oh? I'll be there tomorrow for a dyno tune tweak on my way to the hotel. If you're close stop by and we can drive out together!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:13 PM   #189
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Are you anywhere near RDP Motorsports in Perry, Oh? I'll be there tomorrow for a dyno tune tweak on my way to the hotel. If you're close stop by and we can drive out together!
I live about 1hr west of there.

I actually have now idea when I am headed out. I have to work tomorrow down hear in West Virginia. Once I am done, I will be headed North the 3.5 hrs home.

What time are you headed through?
Old 07-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #190
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
I live about 1hr west of there.

I actually have now idea when I am headed out. I have to work tomorrow down hear in West Virginia. Once I am done, I will be headed North the 3.5 hrs home.

What time are you headed through?
I'll be leaving RDP around noon or so.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:05 PM   #191
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
I'll be leaving RDP around noon or so.
I probably won't even get out of here (WV) until then.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:14 PM   #192
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Quote:
I probably won't even get out of here (WV) until then.
Oh man your gonna have a looong day!
Old 07-17-2013, 09:43 PM   #193
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Gingerman and 5th Gens are worth the time and trouble! Travel safe.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 02:44 AM   #194
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Hey Pete, Any suggestions on coilover setting for XA's at Gingerman?

Remember, I have the upgraded springs. Thanks again.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:21 AM   #195
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
I watched You tube video's the last few days. To get ready, but man there are alot of different style of drivers out there. I watched a Mustang and he was smooth, then i watched a Lotus and he was all over the place. It sure does look like fun !! Drive safe all !!
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:13 AM   #196
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Hey Pete, Any suggestions on coilover setting for XA's at Gingerman?

Remember, I have the upgraded springs. Thanks again.

T.
Fronts should be mid point 16
Rear harder. 10 down from full hard.
TP 32 Cold

Once hot keep the tires down to 40. If too loose, take two clicks out of the rear to soften it. Taking 2 psi out of the rear to 38 will add rear grip or front grip. Feel it out and do what you think best.

Be Fast. Be Safe.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aimless cant drive.., road course action in mi, ssmike can't get enough