Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #43
drobbins2

Drives: '12 ss
Considering there is a lot of GM employee's that visit this forum, I think combining or removing the Z28 section is sign of giving in, giving up hope, and or compromising. It should be left alone IMO to not give that impression...

Even if a 5th gen Z28 seems to be a false sense of hope at this stage. There is still 2 1/2 years before the 6th gen will be released, I'd say the Z28 still has a chance.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:41 PM   #44
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
Maybe do a Concept Camaro subsection (that the Z28 subforum could be moved to) and create a 1LE subsection in place of the Z28 section?
Like this Idea.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #45
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
Maybe do a Concept Camaro subsection (that the Z28 subforum could be moved to) and create a 1LE subsection in place of the Z28 section?
A 1LE sub-section needs to be a sub-section within the SS forums since 1LE is an SS option, it is not a seperate model.
Clyde
Old 03-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #46
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
I say give the 1LE its own section. If the convertibles can have their area, I don't see why the 1LE can't.

As for what to do with the Z28 section ... I vote that it be kept as its own separate thing until we know there won't be a 5th gen Zedder. I'll admit the prospects look slim at the moment, but the Z28 fans here are nothing if not hopeful, lol.
I'm on board with you DG, 1LE and Z/28 are two seperate animals. Even more so after the announcement.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:14 PM   #47
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
Well unlike you, I don't think I want to listen to the constant stream of SS/1LE buyers and wannabes "why is there no auto tranny, they should have that to include everyone", etc. By your logic there should have never been a Z/28-ZL1 forum up until the moment there was an announcement, that's a little bit of a short sited view isn't it?? And since the real Z/28 heritage lives only in the first gen. Camaros (since you said that didn't apply to other gens) there should not be a Z/28 forum?? Can I ask why you are even on this site? Wouldn't you be more comfortable on the official GM after announcement sites? Just wondering since you seem to be so full of negativity for this site in general and this forum in particular.
Clyde
No, you misunderstood me. I am not a fanboy and I am not dissing the Z28 section. I like it. But it was getting kind of stale lately. Usually on other forums there are future topics. This is where the Z28 should be IMO.

The 1LE while being an SS option is not a Camaro for the masses. Much like the Boss 302 is not a Mustang for the average pony lover. So I think it deserves its own section.

Last time I posted that I was put on notice. Hopefully it's Okay this time.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:09 AM   #48
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
...or just leave it alone...
Old 03-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #49
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
A 1LE sub-section needs to be a sub-section within the SS forums since 1LE is an SS option, it is not a seperate model.
Clyde
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:16 PM   #50
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Clyde
I agree.
Old 03-30-2012, 02:48 PM   #51
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
So OP, what are the moderators thoughts? New 1LE section? Or...

Separate V6 and SS discussion sections here would also reduce some of the clashing you see on the main Camaro discussion forum. Although sometimes it is entertaining.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #52
Fightinfire921

Drives: GMC Acadia, Chevrolet Camaro
Send a message via Yahoo to Fightinfire921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
So OP, what are the moderators thoughts? New 1LE section? Or...

Separate V6 and SS discussion sections here would also reduce some of the clashing you see on the main Camaro discussion forum. Although sometimes it is entertaining.

Almost as much fun as the ZL1 vs GT500 ones.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #53
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Welllll......1LE is supossedly an option to the SS, not a distinct model. Z/28 couldn't be confused with anything else and stands alone. Let's seperate them topically I suggest. But since I have come down from my recent tirade <> I appreciate the fact GM is moving is a direction forward, although not as fast or boldly as I would have liked. Let's pick up the pace and take the initiative Chevy...times running out.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:08 PM   #54
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
I'm just a little disappointed to read that some people appear to already be "picking a side"...Folks - I'd like to remind us that we are a CAMARO FAMILY. There is no right/wrong in opinion, and there should be no feelings hurt over new models or lack thereof.

That all said..........

No merge.

I feel the point about the 1LE not being its own trim level is a compelling one.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Closed Thread