Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 06-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #57
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
We haven't had much time to devote to the kits because we have been overwhelmingly busy the last few months. We are starting to slow down a little as we are reaching the tail end of our busy season and every spare second is spent on these 2 kits. We are pretty close to finished with both but I don't want to give an estimated time since we never know what surprises tomorrow will bring!! I apologize for the delays and just want to say thanks for your patience and interest in Roto-Fab products!!

Jeremiah

If you build a hi-cap tank for the super charger that is compatible with your other products which, by the way, are fantastic, im in.

Thanks for everything you do for our cars and our community.

Old 06-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #58
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
Mine just came today. Now the tuff decision is to put it on this weekend or take her out all weekend and play, since we are finally getting some decent weather. The video is a definite plus for those of us, me included, that like pictures/video of things.
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:44 AM   #59
AquaSSRS

Drives: formerly a AGM ZL1 (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roto-fab 1 View Post
We haven't had much time to devote to the kits because we have been overwhelmingly busy the last few months. We are starting to slow down a little as we are reaching the tail end of our busy season and every spare second is spent on these 2 kits. We are pretty close to finished with both but I don't want to give an estimated time since we never know what surprises tomorrow will bring!! I apologize for the delays and just want to say thanks for your patience and interest in Roto-Fab products!!

Jeremiah
Thanks for the update and the great products. I will enjoy the whine, while I wait.
Old 06-15-2013, 08:15 AM   #60
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
Mine just came today. Now the tuff decision is to put it on this weekend or take her out all weekend and play, since we are finally getting some decent weather. The video is a definite plus for those of us, me included, that like pictures/video of things.
put it on then go have the fun. install is 60 minutes or less depending on your skill level. rotofab is awesome. had the SS version and now have the ZL-1 version. mine came stickered in silver and the guys at rotofab rushed me out the red that I wanted and even a few other colors too. thanks for great product and great service!
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #61
RedCamaroZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Finally got the install done! Looks great and the install was smooth. Took about an hour. I watched the video and used the written instructions while doing each step. Looks awesome. It started raining when I finished, so I didn't get to test it out yet. One question, seems that I have a little movement on the air filter. It won't come off, but it does wiggle some and I did not want to over tighten the clamp. Is this normal?
Attached Images

RedCamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #62
#737 ZL1

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCamaroZL1 View Post
Finally got the install done! Looks great and the install was smooth. Took about an hour. I watched the video and used the written instructions while doing each step. Looks awesome. It started raining when I finished, so I didn't get to test it out yet. One question, seems that I have a little movement on the air filter. It won't come off, but it does wiggle some and I did not want to over tighten the clamp. Is this normal?
Looks excellent. Mine done the same. Took it out for a ride, it got heated than I tightened on it a little more and it stopped moving. Right up against the washer fluid neck but all worked out great. Yours looks excellent.
#737 ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 12:19 PM   #63
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by #737 ZL1 View Post
Looks excellent. Mine done the same. Took it out for a ride, it got heated than I tightened on it a little more and it stopped moving. Right up against the washer fluid neck but all worked out great. Yours looks excellent.
Good advise! It's always a good idea to go back over the clamps after they have heated up.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #64
Hercules

I finally installed mine today. Everything went well except for hooking the catch can on. The "T" fitting is 1/2" and the catch can is 3/8". the 3/8 wouldn't go on to save my life. I had some 7/16 in my box and was able to force it on the fitting. The catch can was sloppy and needed a clamp to tighten. I liked the fact that there were no clamps on them. If I could/would recommend anything is on the "T" fitting have one side 1/2" and the other 3/8". Please if I did something stupid by doing it this way let me know. Also if you guys have a fitting with those sizes let me know. So that I may get one from you.
I still give the install a two thumbs up. If I didn't have the catch can I couldn't ask for it to be easier. I know this is small but I was totally impressed about the small piece of cut hose to install on the a/c line. I was looking down at the box and thought wow that's close. Then I saw what the hose was for. You guy really did your homework!!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:46 PM   #65
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
I finally installed mine today. Everything went well except for hooking the catch can on. The "T" fitting is 1/2" and the catch can is 3/8". the 3/8 wouldn't go on to save my life. I had some 7/16 in my box and was able to force it on the fitting. The catch can was sloppy and needed a clamp to tighten. I liked the fact that there were no clamps on them. If I could/would recommend anything is on the "T" fitting have one side 1/2" and the other 3/8". Please if I did something stupid by doing it this way let me know. Also if you guys have a fitting with those sizes let me know. So that I may get one from you.
I still give the install a two thumbs up. If I didn't have the catch can I couldn't ask for it to be easier. I know this is small but I was totally impressed about the small piece of cut hose to install on the a/c line. I was looking down at the box and thought wow that's close. Then I saw what the hose was for. You guy really did your homework!!
Hmmm, I'm still waiting on my catch can and I was planning on installing the T at that time. Hope my lines fit. Good idea to have a choice on which size T to include with the order. Their video was a huge help for me! Very easy install. Actually I should of installed the T back then and just capped the end until I get my can, so maybe a temp cap included would help as well. Hindsight is always 20-20 as they say. But I sure love my Roto Fab CAI!
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 05:17 PM   #66
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normagene View Post
Hmmm, I'm still waiting on my catch can and I was planning on installing the T at that time. Hope my lines fit. Good idea to have a choice on which size T to include with the order. Their video was a huge help for me! Very easy install. Actually I should of installed the T back then and just capped the end until I get my can, so maybe a temp cap included would help as well. Hindsight is always 20-20 as they say. But I sure love my Roto Fab CAI!
I have a RX dual valve. I just got the standard lines with it. No braided or anything just 3/8 fuel line. I like things plain and simple. If you're getting a plain dual valve RX than expect that. I would assume all the upgraded lines would be the same, but I do always end up on the wrong side of assume.

Last edited by Hercules; 06-17-2013 at 05:33 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:10 PM   #67
RedCamaroZL1

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
One thing to note on install on mine was that my box caught the clip on the AC line and caused my hood to not sit flush. Noticed it after a day. I got the box reseated and now the hood sits flush. Very well made product! Another satisfied customer!
RedCamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:13 PM   #68
Azzkker

Drives: 2013 AGM ZL1, 99 z28, 89 iroc-z
You can use a barbed hose reducer fitting for that line if need be. Any parts store would have these in stock, so you could go from 1/2 to 3/8.
Azzkker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #69
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzkker View Post
You can use a barbed hose reducer fitting for that line if need be. Any parts store would have these in stock, so you could go from 1/2 to 3/8.
I was thinking of that, I'm just not sure if it will draw more attention to it, as if junky. I like everything looking as if it was there from the factory, except the Roto-Fab. If you did it this way, how does it look? Thanks in advance for your help, it's greatly appreciated. I like knowing how others are doing it.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:16 PM   #70
Azzkker

Drives: 2013 AGM ZL1, 99 z28, 89 iroc-z
Quote:
I was thinking of that, I'm just not sure if it will draw more attention to it, as if junky. I like everything looking as if it was there from the factory, except the Roto-Fab. If you did it this way, how does it look? Thanks in advance for your help, it's greatly appreciated. I like knowing how others are doing it.
I just recently received my catch can. I was planning on installing it this weekend. Will let you know how it goes.
Azzkker is offline   Reply With Quote