Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-08-2009, 06:39 PM   #29
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
It is not as much the angle of the photo, but the way the actual vent is formed into the panel. They fit perfect.

If you guys actually look at a car and see the way the sheet metal is formed, you will see that our inserts fit exactly the way the metal is formed. These were CAD Designed on actual GM 3D Models of the body panels, and test fit on two cars personally by me.

It is an optical illusion on the photos. Print one of our photos of the decals here... http://www.ridergraphix.com/customer...o_Gallery.html

Take it to an actual car and you will see exactly what I mean.

This image might explain it better. it is the actual GM Sheet Metal file we used for the design. The top angle and bottom angle are not the same so maybe that is what is throwing you off.

Yup. I see what you are saying. Look great!

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:53 PM   #30
Gameover

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS ABM Camaro
Quote:
It is not as much the angle of the photo, but the way the actual vent is formed into the panel. They fit perfect.

If you guys actually look at a car and see the way the sheet metal is formed, you will see that our inserts fit exactly the way the metal is formed. These were CAD Designed on actual GM 3D Models of the body panels, and test fit on two cars personally by me.

It is an optical illusion on the photos. Print one of our photos of the decals here... http://www.ridergraphix.com/customer...o_Gallery.html

This image might explain it better. it is the actual GM Sheet Metal file we used for the design. The top angle and bottom angle are not the same so maybe that is what is throwing you off.

IMO closeup pictures on something like this would be a selling point especially when not view by your own eyes. At first look, they don't appear to align. No offense, just some constructive criticism. Picture says a thousand words!

Gameover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #31
19K3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidlifeZ28 View Post
I found decals that are cool for the new Camaro sides at www.autotrimdesign.net available in different colors. only $28.00
This was an email from them, after I emailed asking about getting something close to the CGM rally stripes....

We appreciate your inquiry! However the ony colors available for the Vent Enhancement decals ar Black, Silver, Gold or White. They are printed using thernal technology and these are the only colors available to us at this time.

We suggest Silver Fades on the Black Camaro.

Sincerely,

J. Michael Thienel
Auto Trim DESIGN

Still waiting on Autoguy to answer my question on the charcoal color :(

Last edited by 19K3SS; 05-08-2009 at 07:27 PM. Reason: typos
19K3SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:46 PM   #32
autoguy

Drives: 10 SS,11 SS Pace, 13 ZL1 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19K3SS View Post
How closely would the Dark Charcoal Metallic match up with the stock Cyber Gray Metallic stripes from GM?
I have not seen a CGM Camaro in person yet, but as soon as I do, I will check it out. From the Pictures I have seen, I think our dark charcoal is a couple shades darker than the CGM.

We will be able to make these in any color to match Our Side or Hood Stripes too.
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:00 PM   #33
19K3SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
thanks!
Old 05-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #34
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
http://www.autotrimdesign.net/detail...cal_Kit_1.html

these ones look like real cutouts... the fade really helps

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:43 PM   #35
Tanner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaylorRyan74 View Post
http://www.autotrimdesign.net/detail...cal_Kit_1.html

these ones look like real cutouts... the fade really helps
Those do look great!!!

Sands - Surprise
Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #36
Never2LowChevy
Banned

Drives: bagged 4 door dually on 22s
Mine are ordered from AutoTrim. I like the way the fade looks alot better then the solid. It makes it look more like a real vent.
Never2LowChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #37
Chemical

Drives: 2SS RS
I've never had decals on any vehicle, how careful do you need to be when washing your car with these things on them?
Chemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #38
keepontrukkin

Drives: 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
If they are a quality product, you will have NO issues with washing the car. They are very durable.
keepontrukkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:09 AM   #39
autoguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemical View Post
I've never had decals on any vehicle, how careful do you need to be when washing your car with these things on them?
We have sold Hundreds of Decal kits for other cars and have never heard of any issues while washing the cars.

The only thing you need to do is make sure you give them a good 24-48 hours to dry and do not hit them direct with a high pressure sprayer.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #40
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

I am in the printing business / Pre-press / High End Photo Retouching Studio, but we also do cad cut and vinyl lettering professionally in NY City. I know you guys use the template. When I cut mine I am going to Square the top right to the top edge, it will look better. Sometimes you need to go away from the original template to achieve the proper VISUAL PERSPECTIVE. If everyone is seeing the same thing, I think it is worth trying and seeing how it looks. It is a matter of moving ONE POINT in the EPS file. Takes about 3 seconds, but you need a car for test fits.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #41
autoguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
I am in the printing business / Pre-press / High End Photo Retouching Studio, but we also do cad cut and vinyl lettering professionally in NY City. I know you guys use the template. When I cut mine I am going to Square the top right to the top edge, it will look better. Sometimes you need to go away from the original template to achieve the proper VISUAL PERSPECTIVE. If everyone is seeing the same thing, I think it is worth trying and seeing how it looks. It is a matter of moving ONE POINT in the EPS file. Takes about 3 seconds, but you need a car for test fits.

Have at it. We actually HAVE test fit these on the car and determined the way we have them is the best fit for the shape of the sheetmetal. I am curious to see what they look like installed.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #42
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Have at it. We actually HAVE test fit these on the car and determined the way we have them is the best fit for the shape of the sheetmetal. I am curious to see what they look like installed.
Your wish is my command.......More Like This

And Vinyl will mold right into place the metal transitions are soft!
Attached Images