Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 04-22-2013, 05:44 PM   #85
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard1183 View Post
I agree, I don't care what Europeans think about our cars.

This I don't agree. Reason being is with maybe the exception of Ferrari and Lamborghini, those mentioned among OTHER foreign cars play a major role in track racing TODAY. This is NOT Chevy Camaro vs ford and dodge. Those days are long gone! The corvette is racing against all the euro cars you've mentioned and the camaro is getting its feet wet in track racing these models though that's short lived....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
because the camaro will be put into a group with track ready cars like porsche...thats why it matters. its out of any classes here in the US market... so now you need to find cars to compare it against....not to mention its higher price will throw it right out of most comparissons of US cars...... you tell me who it should be compared to?
You guys are talking about the 2%'ers, I'm talking about the other 98% that just want a Camaro for everyday driving. I'm not sure if you realize this but we aren't really competing when those of us have cars that take it to the road track for HPDE sessions. You're looking for optimal performance when you do and to get the most bang for the buck, and in that regards, we have those euro boys beat by a mile when comparing new to new.

You can't compare a Camaro to Porsche in one sense because they are two different types of cars. Though it is cool that we can now be at a level to perform almost as well. I think if the growth of HPDE is for real, we will be fine. Just get out there and have fun

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #86
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
because the camaro will be put into a group with track ready cars like porsche...thats why it matters. its out of any classes here in the US market... so now you need to find cars to compare it against....not to mention its higher price will throw it right out of most comparissons of US cars...... you tell me who it should be compared to?
I guess Fiat!

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:23 PM   #87
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
You guys are talking about the 2%'ers, I'm talking about the other 98% that just want a Camaro for everyday driving. I'm not sure if you realize this but we aren't really competing when those of us have cars that take it to the road track for HPDE sessions. You're looking for optimal performance when you do and to get the most bang for the buck, and in that regards, we have those euro boys beat by a mile when comparing new to new.

You can't compare a Camaro to Porsche in one sense because they are two different types of cars. Though it is cool that we can now be at a level to perform almost as well. I think if the growth of HPDE is for real, we will be fine. Just get out there and have fun
most bang for your buck for road racing ......ariel atom...want doors? used GTR...that is the best bang for your buck by far!
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:41 PM   #88
tones2SS

Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
I would love a 1LE with a LS7 if priced accordingly. You could daily drive it and track it without worry. And, still have all the creature comforts if that's what you wanted.
Also, think of all the mods to go with that LS7.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #89
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
most bang for your buck for road racing ......ariel atom...want doors? used GTR...that is the best bang for your buck by far!

Still cant drive the Atom on the street. For the GTR, like Zfatuated mentioned, it has it's drawbacks as well.

Old 04-23-2013, 06:22 AM   #90
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
actually, yeah you can.....
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:30 AM   #91
jsd

Drives: 2012 ZL 1 #370
Quote:
american cars a great bang for your buck...but you get better quality out of european cars....as far as fit and finish and just pure heritage. porsche, mercedes, audi, bmw....all have great heritage in the race world and make great motors and even better automatic shifter. GM paddle shifters suck compared ot a porsche or mercedes. this is where alot of european dollars go to. not to mention there suspension are years ahead of US. these are just some reasons why euro cars are more pricier than US. chevy is just finally (last 10 years maybe)listening to the racing world with the corvette racing team and using that info for the cars. all the european names i listed have been integrating their findings from racing into the street cars for decades.
Sorry, but this is bullshit. I am in europe at home, and a lot of the mercedes,bmw and audi, there are in the same price segment how the camaro, arent not so good as the camaro.

Sure, when you buy a mercedes for 200000 dollar, you have a awesome mercedes, but its not all gold.

The normal audis, bmw,mercedes and all the other euopean cars are just nothing special.
jsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:00 AM   #92
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
You can't compare a Camaro to Porsche in one sense because they are two different types of cars. Though it is cool that we can now be at a level to perform as well or better at half the cost.
There, I fixed that for you

In the real world, the only Porsche to run close to the Z/28 will be a current 991 GT3, or last iteration GT3RS. You are talking $130-$150k+. The Porsche Turbo is a dog on track, no serious tracker runs one. GT2's are pretty quick but damn hard to drive fast because of the turbo lag.
Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:06 PM   #93
Boris632

Drives: 1955 210
Quote:
american cars a great bang for your buck...but you get better quality out of european cars....as far as fit and finish and just pure heritage. porsche, mercedes, audi, bmw....all have great heritage in the race world and make great motors and even better automatic shifter. GM paddle shifters suck compared ot a porsche or mercedes. this is where alot of european dollars go to. not to mention there suspension are years ahead of US. these are just some reasons why euro cars are more pricier than US. chevy is just finally (last 10 years maybe)listening to the racing world with the corvette racing team and using that info for the cars. all the european names i listed have been integrating their findings from racing into the street cars for decades.
no you don't. Not at all. If anything the quality of European cars is going down. I have worked on a few and they are nothing special.

In terms of quality do you mean leather wrapped dash boards and projector lights that turn with your steering wheel?

Then maybe. But new Caddys and even the new Jeep GC are pretty nice in that department too
Boris632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #94
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
There, I fixed that for you

In the real world, the only Porsche to run close to the Z/28 will be a current 991 GT3, or last iteration GT3RS. You are talking $130-$150k+. The Porsche Turbo is a dog on track, no serious tracker runs one. GT2's are pretty quick but damn hard to drive fast because of the turbo lag.
That's cool, you know better than I do

Old 04-23-2013, 04:44 PM   #95
Bad@ssCamaro

Quote:
actually, yeah you can.....
Ha Ha, good luck with that...

http://www.andysatom.com/legal.html