Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-21-2017, 12:30 PM   #1
ScottinKC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Carbon Fiber Hood

Please only reply if you have a carbon fiber hood.

I'm looking to purchase a carbon fiber hood and wanted feedback from those that have one and where they got it. I would even entertain purchasing one from a fellow Camaro5 member if you are looking to part with one.
I have a 2010 SS.
ScottinKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 12:57 PM   #2
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Wanted ads go in the classifieds section, not here..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 01:45 PM   #3
ScottinKC

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Still want feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCPLPunk View Post
Wanted ads go in the classifieds section, not here..

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=53
Agreed with anyone selling one, but I do want feedback still from people that have one.
ScottinKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 04:35 PM   #4
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Seibon TS II, purchased from Ohio Speed. Bought for just under 1k with free shipping.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 07:31 AM   #5
MyLocalDJ

Drives: 2015 2LS
VIS Racing CF Terminator Hood. Was about $1200. Fit was fantastic and those that buy CF hoods know that sometimes fit can be an issue. When I purchased mine, I had full intentions of having it painted to match the car and in fact had it shipped directly to the body shop with instructions for painting. The owner of the shop called me and said this was one of the best CF hoods that he had seen with respect to quality and the fiber orientation being so consistent. Asked me not to paint it and try it for 2 months and if after 2 months if I wanted it painted, he would do it. Been about a year now and no paint and love it.

Only downside was that it took about 2 months for the company to make it and have it delivered. Was on backorder at the time.
Attached Images

Old 06-22-2017, 03:24 PM   #6
fly2hip8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
That looks really nice. Will you post picture of the underside of the hood?
fly2hip8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:11 AM   #7
hesster

Drives: '10 C5 SS, '77 Bandit T/A
Ditto on the Terminator. Painted the underside and removed the front vent after I painted it to improve cooling. Fit was almost perfect as is, and with a few bumper height adjustments it fits as good as stock. The carbon weave is flawless and gloss finish amazing. I would only consider VIS or Siebon. Got mine from UltimateMotorX.

hesster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:55 AM   #8
MyLocalDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly2hip8 View Post
That looks really nice. Will you post picture of the underside of the hood?
Underside of mine is slightly different. I had a little airbrush work started. Not finished yet. Going to Add skeleton hands trying to pull itself out.

Panels are removable as you can see. I leave mine in and it keeps the rain or wash water off the engine areas.

If you go with this hood, I recommend that you buy a few extra screws for the panels that can be removed. I have had a couple vibrate loose and in my opinion, I thought the screws could have been a little longer. I replaced mine with longer ones. I will also note that the reason that my panel screws could have vibrated loose is that I do have RGB LEDs running along the sides of my vents so that the glow reflects through the vents and the gills on my fenders. I added Chrome tape behind the vents to add in the reflection. Actual LEDs are not visible, only the reflection and glow.
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2017, 09:21 AM   #9
RubberChicken

Drives: 2011 IBM 1LT w white Rally Stripes
I like the carbon fiber look! But I wish there was a matching carbon fiber trunk door to go with it. Would balance out the look of the car.
RubberChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 01:27 PM   #10
MyLocalDJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberChicken View Post
I like the carbon fiber look! But I wish there was a matching carbon fiber trunk door to go with it. Would balance out the look of the car.

There is. Anderson Composites does a lot of aftermarket carbon fiber parts. They have the replacement roof with sunroof provision, decklids, spoilers, fenders, rear diffuser, etc. Be prepared for sticker shock. I actually ran into them at a show a couple of years ago and was quite impressed with the quality.

https://andersoncomposites.com/collections/all/camaro/
Old 06-23-2017, 07:10 PM   #11
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
I just happen to be selling the terminator style hood. Let me know if you're interested. Details can be found here: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=499069
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote