Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 07-24-2012, 09:15 PM   #43
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
I think it was SIXJAK that said this, but the IPF set up looks REALLY clean, looks almost OEM, I believe he said something similar to "it looks like a OEM European set up." I'm very impressed by the looks. Now with that being said I am a fan of the Rx system and it's clearly after market look.

Last edited by BaylorCamaro; 07-24-2012 at 10:38 PM.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:09 PM   #44
iceman5730
Iceman

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT SC/RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
I think it was SIXJAK that said this, but the IPF set up looks REALLY clean, looks almost OEM, I believe he said something similar to "it looks like a OEM European set up." I'm very impressed but the looks. Now with that being said I am a fan of the Rx system and it's clearly after market look.
I'm sure your just as happy with yours, as I am with mine Thanks for the nice comments
Old 07-24-2012, 10:36 PM   #45
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Very clean looking man!
Old 07-25-2012, 01:25 AM   #46
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
I think it was SIXJAK that said this, but the IPF set up looks REALLY clean, looks almost OEM, I believe he said something similar to "it looks like a OEM European set up." I'm very impressed by the looks. Now with that being said I am a fan of the Rx system and it's clearly after market look.
Yes I did say that. It is very cool with all the black annodized parts, very factory almost euro tuner. My installer Jon loves this look and that is his preference. His mantra is "Chrome don't getchu home.". LOL.

Me, I like the classic "chrome streed rod under the hood look. I have thousands of ppl gawking under my hood every week, and it's just better if they don't have to look too hard for the mods.

I bet 1/2 of your average Joe's wouldn't even get that this thing is SC'd. Not a knock at all. This is just a different approach; much more stealth and sneaky right down to the black IC.
But if I understand correctly, IPF does offer a polished head unit and different custom color options on their hoses if you want to go that direction.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #47
iceman5730
Iceman

Heres the rsults of the first dyno Running a little rich and then a little lean at about 5700 rpm Thats way he didn't go passed that point. Needs some tweeking But #s are great equates to a Flywheel Hp of 444 (25% reduction for being an Auto. At the wheels 336 and tq 306 So far very happy. Once it has been tweeked will do new dyno
Attached Images

Old 07-27-2012, 01:40 PM   #48
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
That a good start. How much boost on that run?
Old 07-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #49
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Congrats! Yeah how much boost? tq numbers seem pretty on par but hp seems low, at least compared with what IPF got (390 rwhp). But that could be a number of reasons, the tune (like you said), weather, etc. 25% loss seems a bit much, I've always heard 20% for automatics

*EDIT*
Looking at the sheet it looks like peak boost was 6.2 psi?

Last edited by BaylorCamaro; 07-27-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:35 PM   #50
iceman5730
Iceman

Quote:
Congrats! Yeah how much boost? tq numbers seem pretty on par but hp seems low, at least compared with what IPF got (390 rwhp). But that could be a number of reasons, the tune (like you said), weather, etc. 25% loss seems a bit much, I've always heard 20% for automatics

*EDIT*
Looking at the sheet it looks like peak boost was 6.2 psi?
Your right it is 6.2 Ipf has finished up the new tune and things should get better I think you are correct it should be 20% loss I am down in Mt Baker this weekend so can not get the new tune till monday Ipf has been super working for the last 2days to get it right So this dyno is really no indication of the final result I got it done to help out the process So if there are any vultures out there wait for the next one. Thx I think you guys should see the process we are going thru to get the tune perfect and although this result is not the best yet Ipf had no problem with me posting it Great guys and very transparent which is good for this forum
Old 07-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #51
iceman5730
Iceman

Got my new tune today WOW its like day and night. Now I know theres a supercharger under that Hood. The performance is out of this world. I never imagined the type of performance I am getting. I am going to test the tune for 1 week Then get a second Dyno done to recomfirm everything is good. I will post the new dyno next week. Thanks IPF for your outstanding effords to get it right. You are guys are super.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #52
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Very nice, grats.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #53
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman5730 View Post
Got my new tune today WOW its like day and night. Now I know theres a supercharger under that Hood. The performance is out of this world. I never imagined the type of performance I am getting. I am going to test the tune for 1 week Then get a second Dyno done to recomfirm everything is good. I will post the new dyno next week. Thanks IPF for your outstanding effords to get it right. You are guys are super.
Very good...looking forward to your next dyno session.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:11 PM   #54
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
Thanks for the kind words! I am really STOKED you are enjoying the power while we squeeze every inch of power out of your car being in Canada! It's our first Canuck!

Thanks,

Jesse!
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:22 PM   #55
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Sweet! Glad your new tune feels better.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 12:02 PM   #56
iceman5730
Iceman

Ran the Ridge inSheldon Wa yesterday what rush Supercharger was ousome Best time I every had with my car I melted my tires smoked my breaks and melted a bit of rear valance above the pipesBut all is good People could not beleive I only had a 6 under the hood On the straight which was just under 1/2 mile I reached 118 mph SS could not pass me nor a Audi Post a lap video later The Road course is called The Ridge Motor Sports in Sheldon Washington super fun time I hooked See the Canada tread BC group attacks the Ridge for pic,sb g