Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Flowmaster Exhaust
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2009, 11:51 AM   #1
Moonsault
5th Gen STIG

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
RiderGraphix - AVOID

Having waited so long to finally receive my car I was pleased to find this merchant (and apparent SEMA member) who could sell me a set of full-length "Bumblebee" style rally stripes to go on my new car. He was happy to take my money and assure me that the stripes would fit no problem.

I had the stripes installed by a local and reputable established installer, who commented that the vinyl used was of the lowest cheapest grade and would not last more than a year or two before cracking and degrading. The kit was also appalling. The front stripes do not install correctly and do not run straight and parallel (unlike the computer graphic on the website). There was no way to install them so they ran straight and true.

The spoiler was a complete disaster, and was impossible to "wrap around" the spoiler. The stripe was slightly wider, apparently to compensate for the curve of the spoiler. Yet the installer insisted this was ridiculous, and the stripe had to be the same width as the deck stripe. He must have been right, as when I contact RiderGraphix about this they admitted they had to go and "re-measure". The whole kit was cheap and shoddy.

However, RiderGraphix was more than happy to take MORE of my money for replacement stripes, which arrived quickly. I aimed to remove the originals and try again, hoping for a better kit. Firstly I was sent the wrong hood stripes, despite assurances that I would be sent the same set as the first ones I ordered. Then when I went to have the stripes installed again, the installer refused to even touch them. He said it was an insult to a beautiful car to put cheap vinyl back on them, and did not want to be responsible for when it quickly degraded.

RiderGraphix conveniently has no contact phone number or return mail address on his site, and does not answer my emails anymore.

He will take no responsibility for this and simply wants to walk away with my money.

PayPal is useless in this case, so I am contacting my bank regarding the money, and I have forwarded a full report to SEMA. I thought I could trust this seller, as he proudly has the SEMA member emblem emblazed on his home page. Apparently not.

I am posting this as a warning to other prospective buyers. Once this guy has your money you are on your own. Even if he sends you the wrong product you are screwed. Please learn from my mistake.

I have given him ample opportunity to try to resolve this with me, but he now chooses to ignore my emails. Since he has my money I obviously do not merit his time.

So in conclusion, he has screwed money out of me for TWO sets of stripes, both of which are useless, and he will not accept a return of the unused stripes OR compensation for the first set which were incorrectly manufactured.

BE CAREFUL with this guy. He is all smiles and charms until he gets your money, then you're on your own. I would hope this report might inspire him to refund my money, but after everything so far I doubt he has the integrity.

Caveat Emptor. Shop elsewhere guys..

Last edited by Moonsault; 06-28-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:03 PM   #2
ElManny

Drives: 2010 CGM SS/RS COTW 7/5/2010
Send a message via AIM to ElManny
damn wish i known this yesterday i just ordered....
Old 06-27-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
Moonsault
5th Gen STIG

I hope you have a better experience than I have my friend. I'm out $600+ and have a box full of worthless stripes. How people can get away with this is beyond me.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #4
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
well that sucks.
2000 (dealer received allocation):
2500 (order preferenced):
3000 (accepted to production):
3300 (scheduled for prod):
3400 (broadcast):
3800 (produced):
4000/4B00 (available to ship/bayed):
4200 (shipped):
4300 (intermediate, may be multiple):
Old 06-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
The best Bumblebee decal set so far is from VinylGraphics.net, I'd recommend them to you. A member here did a home install of them and they look perfect:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26328
Old 06-27-2009, 12:16 PM   #6
TheNetGarage
We Sell Vinyl!

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I am sorry to hear about your misfortune. Unfortunately, this happens ALOT in the vinyl business. I do not come on to criticize or get in the way of other vendors, so I refrain from talking about them and I only talk about myself.
I have been in Vinyl, Printing, and Graphics for over 22 years. I have only just started to go on my own, doing vinyl for cars I like and have access to.

I will be selling vinyl graphics for the Camaro in the next month or so. I am just waiting on MY PERSONAL 2SS RS to come in so that I can test fit all the pieces I have designed. Some are similar to what is already available (the more obvious graphics) and some are brand new ideas I came up with.

I only use AVERY, 3M, Oracal and occasionally other top Brands (depending on availability of product from my supplier). I use on the TOP OF THE LINE from each Brand. All 7-10 year outdoor Vinyl. Metallics are 5 year, that is the best available. I have had these vinyls last on my cars longer than expected when garaged and lightly handled. And I have seen them last less time, when run through car washes and left outdoors. Any and all colors requested are available, based on my supplier. Times are tough so they do not stock as much as they used to.

I will be making many stripe options, including the ones you wanted. They will all go on MY CAR and pictures will be taken so you can see the fitment. I will also be offering many side graphics, and many small graphics. I also have some interior ideas.

I am fully available for custom cut graphics as well. Just PM me with any requests.

Last edited by TheNetGarage; 06-27-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #7
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
that sucks I was going to order from them... I will see how other peoples experiences go once they get theirs

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
Old 06-27-2009, 12:34 PM   #8
Moonsault
5th Gen STIG

I would PM TheNetGarage - he's a really nice guy and know's what he is talking about.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #9
Tecca

Drives: ...
I wouldn't doubt it, because when he had his post about yenko stripes I posted a picture of autotrimdesign.net's stripes and a PM'd me a nasty gram. I just ignored him and the rest of his posts but I am not shocked at all with the service you got from them.

I second the autotrimdesign.net, they are extreamly polite and easy to work with, plus they fix there mistakes with no upcharge.

Have you considered painting the stripes?
Old 06-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #10
Moonsault
5th Gen STIG

The fact of the matter is, this guy has EVERY opportunity now to do the right thing and step forward and refund my money, and prove his integrity.

But he hasn't.

Doesn't that speak for itself?

And you know the hilarious thing? Look at the FAQ page on his website. Right next to his PayPal box, see the "100% Satisfaction Guarenteed" icon? He clearly has a sense of humour.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #11
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsault View Post
I would PM TheNetGarage - he's a really nice guy and know's what he is talking about.
This all seems a little fishy to me. Do you have any pics to back any of this up, and it's a little early to be advertising for someone isn't it? I only say this because thenetgarage tried to poach me after posting about ridergraphix, and personally while I understand trying to get your business started, from a consumer standpoint, 1+1=2.

Anyways, I won't imply anything else, just show us some pics.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:50 PM   #12
BLUEMARO
A Classical Greek

Drives: DTS, Bonneville and an SS !
I agree, he tried to sell me his smack at almost the same cost of the OEM stuff. When I complained that he was too high priced for an unknown, unproven, He boasted about top quality and how there has never been a complaint through the years he has been doing this. I checked with local installers and dealers in his area and no one had even ever heard of him. After reading this thread, it looks like he now has a complaint. Glad I never ordered from him.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:52 PM   #13
Moonsault
5th Gen STIG

Here you go. The stripe is perfectly aligned along the front grill and the hoodline at the windshield. Not only do the stripes get further apart as they come down the hood, they CLEARLY are not the same width from top to bottom. They curve. Not what he shows on his site. The gap between the stripes at the windshield is the correct 6.5 inch spacing. If you pulled the stripes together at the grill to make it 6.5 there the front face of the stripes would be at a horrible angle in relation to the grill as you could imagine (and the stripes would be even LESS straight/parallel). This was the ONLY way to put them on, and as you can see, it's neither great, or what was advertised. Not for that price...
Old 06-27-2009, 12:59 PM   #14
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonsault View Post
Here you go. The stripe is perfectly aligned along the front grill and the hoodline at the windshield. Not only do the stripes get further apart as they come down the hood, they CLEARLY are not the same width from top to bottom. They curve. Not what he shows on his site. The gap between the stripes at the windshield is the correct 6.5 inch spacing. If you pulled the stripes together at the grill to make it 6.5 there the front face of the stripes would be at a horrible angle in relation to the grill as you could imagine (and the stripes would be even LESS straight/parallel). This was the ONLY way to put them on, and as you can see, it's neither great, or what was advertised. Not for that price...
They are actually supposed to get slightly wider as they get towards the windshield... That said these still dont fit right as they bow out in the middle. looks strange and definitely not correct.
1995 Volkswagen Golf Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin

Closed Thread