Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
zboy

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS
Engine Power Reduced

Had my 2SS out for a drive and while waiting at a drive through window my car shut off and would do nothing when I tried to restart it, it was reading engine power reduced and the check engine light was on, after being pushed out of the way I was getting ready to call a tow truck when the engine power reduced message went off and the car started but the check engine light was still on. I drove a mile up the road and the engine power reduced came back on and the car shut down again in the middle of a busy intersection (found out the flashers don't work when it does this even though the windows and the radio does). After about 5 minutes the message went of again and it started again (as soon as the engine power reduced message went off the flashers came on). Has this happened to anybody besides me.(Dealership checks it out in two days)

Last edited by zboy; 06-04-2012 at 08:32 PM.
zboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:50 PM   #2
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Nothing specific like this.

I did have an issue where I was losing a cylinder, I thought due to a spark plug connection (it was, but not in the way I thought it was).

It eventually turned out the fusebox had corroded, and that cylinder wasn't firing because of the fusebox.

What's worse is I whenever I would go wiggle the spark plug wire going into the furthest forward and right side cylinder, it would stop missing the cylinder. Thus the reason I was convinced it was a spark plug or spark plug wire.

It turns out when I'd reach in to do that, I'd jostle the fusebox...and voila...fixed (for a while).
Old 05-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #3
edgehead2000
2016 Camaro 1LT 2.0T

Drives: Nemesis
I had this happen to me last month. Dealer said it was bad throttle body components so they replaced them free of charge. Honestly, I don't know if that was the problem as I upgraded to an ss last week.
edgehead2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by zboy View Post
Had my 2SS out for a drive and while waiting at a drive through window my car shut off and would do nothing when I tried to restart it, it was reading engine power reduced and the check engine light was on, after being pushed out of the way I was getting ready to call a tow truck when the engine power reduced message went off and the car started but the check engine light was still on. I drove a mile up the road and the engine power reduced came back on and the car shut down again in the middle of a busy intersection (found out the flashers don't work when it does this even though the windows and the radio does). After about 5 minutes the message went of again and it started again (as soon as the engine power reduced message went off the flashers came on). Has this happened to anybody besides me.(Dealership checks it out in two days)
Please let us know how everything goes at your dealership. We value you your feedback! If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me via PM.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:55 AM   #5
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Drives: Yellow 5th Gen 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zboy View Post
What was the final outcome? This happened to me twice.
Old 07-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #6
tk3c-pyce

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Probably wiring to the ECM or a faulty K26 relay. Same as with me
tk3c-pyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:37 AM   #7
Mechman108

Drives: '12 Camaro LS M6, '16 Lexus IS200T
My dealership told me that they had to reprogram my car. Is this not the case? Is there soemthing I should be worried about?
Mechman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #8
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechman108 View Post
My dealership told me that they had to reprogram my car. Is this not the case? Is there soemthing I should be worried about?
hmmmm....the reprogrammed it? if it's not the source of the issue then what is? do you have any mods...like headers & exhaust?
Old 07-18-2013, 08:30 AM   #9
Mechman108

Drives: '12 Camaro LS M6, '16 Lexus IS200T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogan View Post
hmmmm....the reprogrammed it? if it's not the source of the issue then what is? do you have any mods...like headers & exhaust?

At the time when this happened, the car was completely stock.
Mechman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #10
Rogan
No Pain No Gain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechman108 View Post
At the time when this happened, the car was completely stock.
Then they should have replaced the ECU... not reprogram it. If it happens again ..raise hell.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:06 PM   #11
louiedeathto1986

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LE
Just had this happen to me tonight after filling up. Did anyone experience an explosion before the message came up on the DIC? It was like a backfire explosion and then the power just drop. Be taking it to the dealer in the morning to have check it out. Just concerned of the explosion that happen.
louiedeathto1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:45 PM   #12
rouchiemanz28

Drives: 1998 z28
The same thing happen to me for two days straight. I was cruising and the dash lit up with engine power reduced and all the issues you guys had. I hit the onstar button to ask what the problem was and they said two history codes. Local dealer cleared the codes on test drove it with no problem. I head to the gym and the same thing happens today. The car only has 698miles on it. Any clue what's going on?
Old 03-13-2014, 11:35 PM   #13
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
REP is frequently caused by a TB sensor error...not saying thats the case ...if the dealer wants to flash the brain then there is really nothing wrong with that GM has had issues with REP in the past with previous gens and that was a common fix.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote