Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 02-13-2014, 12:12 PM   #183
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go big or Go home View Post
Thank you! Yes it was.. really nice dealership!
Definitely a nice dealer. I use to live n Coral Springs before moving to Cali 10 years ago. Keep up the great work.
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:05 AM   #184
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! That's fair about the Vossens; especially being 22". It seems like something people either like or dislike, not a big gray area. I was debating between the Vossens and a racing style wheel but ultimately decided the Vossens fit better with everything else I've done with my car.
glad you can take a critic i'm really picky about aftermarket wheels, it's rare that i see any that i like enough that i'd consider buying. curious tho, what racing wheel you were looking at? maybe i missed it, but do you race the car? i'm hoping to hit some FL tracks this year once i transfer to mayport, there's literally nowhere for my car to go out here

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 01:06 PM   #185
Go big or Go home

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrmoreira13 View Post
Congrats on winning a trophy it is indeed well deserved.
Thank you!!
Old 02-14-2014, 01:08 PM   #186
Go big or Go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Very NICE to see a great build thread from a Female owner. I must say the owner and the car look great!!
Haha! Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Definitely a nice dealer. I use to live n Coral Springs before moving to Cali 10 years ago. Keep up the great work.
I will do my best haha!
Old 02-14-2014, 01:34 PM   #187
Go big or Go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
glad you can take a critic i'm really picky about aftermarket wheels, it's rare that i see any that i like enough that i'd consider buying. curious tho, what racing wheel you were looking at? maybe i missed it, but do you race the car? i'm hoping to hit some FL tracks this year once i transfer to mayport, there's literally nowhere for my car to go out here
The way I see it, it's amazing to hear positive comments but if you can't also take criticism then you really don't deserve to hear the positive feedback. You have to take the good and the bad I didn't have any particular racing style wheel in mind. The only brands that are really worth buying were a bit out of the price range I wanted to spend. I don't race the car much. I go out to Palm Beach International Raceway and run it on the 1/4 mile but since it's a v6, I don't take it too seriously. It does good in bracket racing but heads-up is pointless haha! I actually took it out on the road course for the first time on Wednesday for a photo-shoot. It was a blast! I'd love to do that more but the car really isn't set up for it. There's a few decent tracks in Florida, I'm not too familiar with any specific ones that far north, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:32 PM   #188
Go big or Go home

I wanted to share a few pictures from the photo-shoot I did last week for my local track - Palm Beach International Raceway.
The track wanted to do a photo-shoot to advertise their road course driving club and I was invited to come out and run the track for the shoot. I shared the track with some amazing cars including two RENNtech Mercedes, a Ferrari 458, a Porsche GT3, and a ZL1. It was my first time on the road course, had a blast! Now I just need some smaller wheels so I can really push the car next time haha!
We had the amazing photographer from Avatar Productions, Inc. These are just a couple pictures taken with phones throughout the day. I should have copies of the real pictures to share before too long.

Old 02-17-2014, 02:09 PM   #189
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
That's awesome! And I'll be waiting for photos!
Old 02-18-2014, 03:50 AM   #190
CamaroLB
SoCal HT5 COTW 12/16/2013

Drives: Burning B
I am in love with those rims! Good job on the car too!
Old 02-18-2014, 05:18 AM   #191
OzzySS

Quote:
The way I see it, it's amazing to hear positive comments but if you can't also take criticism then you really don't deserve to hear the positive feedback. You have to take the good and the bad I didn't have any particular racing style wheel in mind. The only brands that are really worth buying were a bit out of the price range I wanted to spend. I don't race the car much. I go out to Palm Beach International Raceway and run it on the 1/4 mile but since it's a v6, I don't take it too seriously. It does good in bracket racing but heads-up is pointless haha! I actually took it out on the road course for the first time on Wednesday for a photo-shoot. It was a blast! I'd love to do that more but the car really isn't set up for it. There's a few decent tracks in Florida, I'm not too familiar with any specific ones that far north, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few.

Good attitude, also really cool that you still go out and race anyway. You know more about racing than me, already, I should probably study the terms at least lol...My first time racing is actually gonna be at camarofest this year, I think. Stupid Hawaii doesn't have anywhere to do it legally, and I never pay enough attention to know when auto-x is actually gonna happen at the stadium here.
I've heard there's one or two tracks up north by jax, well, relatively close anyway. I've already checked in with the club in that area, but if I can swing it around the work schedule at some point I've already decided I'll make the trip south too, and get some track time there, and maybe check in with Florida speed and harass Matt for parts

Old 02-18-2014, 02:26 PM   #192
Go big or Go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
That's awesome! And I'll be waiting for photos!
Thank you! I can't wait to see the photos! We did some high speed shots with the photographer taking pictures from the back of the lead vehicle, I think those are going to be the most bad ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroLB View Post
I am in love with those rims! Good job on the car too!
Thank you so much!
Old 02-18-2014, 02:31 PM   #193
Go big or Go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
Good attitude, also really cool that you still go out and race anyway. You know more about racing than me, already, I should probably study the terms at least lol...My first time racing is actually gonna be at camarofest this year, I think. Stupid Hawaii doesn't have anywhere to do it legally, and I never pay enough attention to know when auto-x is actually gonna happen at the stadium here.
I've heard there's one or two tracks up north by jax, well, relatively close anyway. I've already checked in with the club in that area, but if I can swing it around the work schedule at some point I've already decided I'll make the trip south too, and get some track time there, and maybe check in with Florida speed and harass Matt for parts
Hey you have to start somewhere! I've grown up around vehicles and my boyfriend is big into racing so it comes natural to me. It does seem like Hawaii would be a difficult place to legally race and it's not as though being willing to drive far helps… haha! When are you moving to Florida?
Old 02-18-2014, 05:30 PM   #194
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Quote:
Thank you! I can't wait to see the photos! We did some high speed shots with the photographer taking pictures from the back of the lead vehicle, I think those are going to be the most bad ass!
Those should make killer photos! I love when photographers shoot moving cars from lead vehicles! Fun to drive and fun to shoot when that happens
Old 02-18-2014, 09:59 PM   #195
OzzySS

Quote:
Hey you have to start somewhere! I've grown up around vehicles and my boyfriend is big into racing so it comes natural to me. It does seem like Hawaii would be a difficult place to legally race and it's not as though being willing to drive far helps… haha! When are you moving to Florida?

lol...yeah, there's a petition going around to build a track out here with a 1/8 strip, but it won't be done until i'm long gone. i should be in Jax by the end of May.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:17 PM   #196
Go big or Go home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
Those should make killer photos! I love when photographers shoot moving cars from lead vehicles! Fun to drive and fun to shoot when that happens
Exactly! Should look like a shot from a magazine haha!