Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-08-2011, 06:25 PM   #1
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
ZR-1 Clutch and New Driveshaft Installed

Well after waiting a month since I discovered my car leaking oil, I'm finally getting her back tomorrow. She's been in the shop one month today and let me tell you, the mechanic has really dicked around. I will definetly never ever let someone touch my car... Other than Livernois...

Quick run down of what I've been through the last 30 days...

I noticed my car leaking oil... took it in for the TSB... I was told it was leaking from the rear main seal. Well upon tare down... It was leaking from the Valley cover gasket, by the oil pressure sending unit. So... all this work so far.. has been for nothing... so mechanic said that he would cover all this under warranty... except pulling the supercharger off and replacing the gasket and O rings. Also he would put in the new rear main seal, new rear cover and gasket. ( to add, these parts have been redesigned by gm since the TSB)

So, I was like...cool... but all the oil has run down into the bell housing.. causing oil to go all over the place... right where my clutch is... damn!....

After looking at my clutch.. I decided to get a new one.. I went the the ZR-1 clutch from Lingenfelter... 20% stronger.... Also noticed my driveshaft rear bolts were bending.. Not Good!! especially after hearing the horror stories here of them breaking...

I called up DSS and ordered the 3.5 aluminum driveshaft... as thats the only fix at this time...

So after a long time waiting... She's all cleaned up... no more oil all over the place... new clutch and flywheel are in... new driveshaft is in.... brakes bled.... clutch bled.... 4 wheel alignment.... new valley cover gasket.... new O rings...

Hopefully tomorrow... everything will be good as new... Today the tech was pulling off the supercharger... He told me that I should Def have my car back tomorrow.. No more hold ups.....

Here are some pics that I've taken of the old and new parts.... as I've been at the dealership very frequent here lately... lol....
Attached Images

kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #2
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
More Pics

More Pics.
Attached Images

kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote