Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
zackzl1

Drives: 2013 black on black ZL1 6spd man
Dealer messed up my paint!

I picked up my 2013 black zl1 yesterday from the dealership. After going home i realized that there are swirl marks all over the car and some visible scratches.There was also some water on the car from the ceiling dripping and a "detailer" came over with a dirty shammie to dry it off. I should have told them to leave the plastic on the car and dont do anything to it. I cant believe how dealers can do this to a $60,000 car it really makes me wonder, where has the pride gone. Now i have to spend the weekend trying to fix what someone else did to my brand new car. What products and techniques work the best to fix this. Thanks a lot.
zackzl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
jimmy5

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #450
You're welcome
jimmy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #3
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
There's a thread about this exact topic...search Junkman and you should find it. Looks like great info there

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:23 PM   #4
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
That will buff right out.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
There's a thread about this exact topic...search Junkman and you should find it. Looks like great info there

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251738

here is the link. he explains it all to make your car perfect again.

No surprise to me at all.....never let the dealer touch your car!! Especially wash it.
Old 11-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #6
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
A Porter Cable buffer and a couple hundred more bucks of Adams products.

Sometimes even having the dealer not touch it, you still wind up with jacked up paint. My dealer didn't touch my '12, I picked it up right after drop off, still wrapped.... and covered in scratches from transport morons rubbing up against it, setting stuff on the roof and trunk. The trouble is they get covered in filth in Canada. Then shipped in trains and on trucks with fat ass morons loading and unloading them in tight spaces rubbing up against them.

I wish they would just build it in the US with a direct plant pick up available. Cut out all the middle men is the only way to get a fresh unmolested paint job. Cover the cars in filth and then send them across two countries on trains and trucks = jacked up paint. I bought a Vette once, picked it up at the Bowling Green Corvette Museum. Paid out the ass for the privilege, and still had to pay for shipping that never happened, but got perfect paint.
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:45 PM   #7
zackzl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell James View Post
A Porter Cable buffer and a couple hundred more bucks of Adams products.

Sometimes even having the dealer not touch it, you still wind up with jacked up paint. My dealer didn't touch my '12, I picked it up right after drop off, still wrapped.... and covered in scratches from transport morons rubbing up against it, setting stuff on the roof and trunk. The trouble is they get covered in filth in Canada. Then shipped in trains and on trucks with fat ass morons loading and unloading them in tight spaces rubbing up against them.

I wish they would just build it in the US with a direct plant pick up available. Cut out all the middle men is the only way to get a fresh unmolested paint job. Cover the cars in filth and then send them across two countries on trains and trucks = jacked up paint. I bought a Vette once, picked it up at the Bowling Green Corvette Museum. Paid out the ass for the privilege, and still had to pay for shipping that never happened, but got perfect paint.
. I was cringing just thinking about that while it was being built especially having some p.o.s shredding my tires in the unloading lot but luckily that wasnt the case. I'll just try polish with some really good pads and see if that works but i guess i have to accept the fact that its meant to drive and once i get pulled into my seat the small stuff wont matter .
Old 11-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #8
zackzl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251738

here is the link. he explains it all to make your car perfect again.

No surprise to me at all.....never let the dealer touch your car!! Especially wash it.
Thanks. I guess i have dealer-itis
Old 11-29-2012, 10:13 PM   #9
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Congratulatins! You need to update your signature block.

The sales manager wasn't to happy that I declined to let them wash the dirt off mine upon delivery. It had been sitting in the initial hold. There were a couple of minor door dings that were easily removed. The customer courtesy rep at the dealer later told me that it was probably a good thing I didn't let them wash it. No two bucket and microfiber techniques there.

Anyway, sorry to hear about your paint, but the defects will come out. But don't even think about letting the dealer try to fix it. You can do it yourself with guidance from the folks here. It sucks that you have to though.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:15 PM   #10
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzl1 View Post
I picked up my 2013 black zl1 yesterday from the dealership. After going home i realized that there are swirl marks all over the car and some visible scratches.There was also some water on the car from the ceiling dripping and a "detailer" came over with a dirty shammie to dry it off. I should have told them to leave the plastic on the car and dont do anything to it. I cant believe how dealers can do this to a $60,000 car it really makes me wonder, where has the pride gone. Now i have to spend the weekend trying to fix what someone else did to my brand new car. What products and techniques work the best to fix this. Thanks a lot.
I'd take the car back, to show them what they've done. I couldn't leave without being compensated some how. For $60k you can bet I would be speaking to the manager. I can't justify spending additional money on something that I didn't cause.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:19 PM   #11
14pilot
Original Bumblebee Owner

Drives: 265hp ZX-14, 500hp Silverado, V-ROD
This is exactly why I insisted that my dealer not wash my car when it first arrived. I told them to leave it just like they got it off the transport.
#5 - 2010 2SS/RS MN6 ABM #142-Silver Rallys-GFX / Med Titanium
My previous Camaros:
#4 - 1994 Z/28 6M Black over Arctic White / Graphite-Red Inserts - traded
#3 - 1981 Z/28 Bright Blue Metallic / Black - sold
#2 - 1970.5 RS Mulsanne Blue / Blue - endo crashed it and parted it out
#1 - 1967 RS Butternut Yellow w/ Black Bumblebee Stripe-RPO D91 / Parchment-Black - sold
14pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:23 PM   #12
Sickness91Z28
Reaper Crew

Drives: Blown 2010 Camaro SS
rediculous man....completely rediculous! Spending that kind of money and then getting that kind of treatment. Seams like alot of dealers do not take much pride with a "true" detail or a new car delivery. To me....that's one of the most important things about a dealership.

2010 Camaro SS
SLP TVS2300 Blower, Blower Cam, Lingenfelter Heads, Meth Injected, 5lbs of Boost@700 BHP
Pedders XA Coilovers
Sickness91Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:29 PM   #13
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
now that definitely sux, they should fix the problem since they created it
Old 11-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #14
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zackzl1 View Post
Thanks. I guess i have dealer-itis
Lol ya I don't blame you. No problem Man. After my experiences I avoid the dealer if I can.