Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-05-2015, 05:00 PM   #1
1hevy_chevy

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2016 6M 2SS
Why are there barely any Z's in Miami?

I've lived in Miami my entire life. As a kid when the camaro concept was unveiled for transformers back in 2009ish I was in love with the car. Everytime I'd go out with my rents or even when I started driving I'd keep an eye out for Camaro's on the street. Quite obsessively actually. Now with the 6th gen coming out, I'm praying that theres some kind of crazy fire sale or discount on the 5th gens, Zl1 included. I'll be in the market for either a Z or a 6th gen SS soon, having a 1LS for almost 3 years now. Money wise I think I am fine, but my question is, why aren't there any Z's in Miami? I'm worried that if I get one, whatever everyone else seems to be afraid of down here about getting one will happen to me . Not saying anything bad probably happens but I mean these guys must be hiding them for a reason right? , but I mean in my life I probably have only seen 3 down here in south florida... faux ZL1's not included lol. I mean I see a TON of gt500's down here, including 2 that live in my neighborhood. One of my close friends actually has a shelby as well. I'm not worried about gas because of the stop and go traffic here. I live in the kendall area and work on the beach so its roughly a 45min commute to work, maybe an hour with traffic. Whats the deal, is there something I should be worried about?
1hevy_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 05:40 PM   #2
Bigtime53

Drives: 2013 ZL1
There are a few guys on this forum from your area. I would pm them and ask them any questions or concerns you have on owning a ZL1 in your area.
Bigtime53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 06:04 PM   #3
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
i dont see many zl1s around the area either.im in the redland area and travel a good amoutn but nothing. probably seen 5 in the past two years
Old 04-05-2015, 07:44 PM   #4
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
We have had our 2012 for while now. There are quite a few ZL1's in Dade and Broward but I do not believe that most are daily drivers, I know mine is not. I will be taking ours to the Mustang Car Show this weekend in Ft. Lauderdale.
Old 04-05-2015, 07:49 PM   #5
ORLYHPD
C.O.T.W. 10-27-2014

Drives: 2017 zl1
few out there

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
We have had our 2012 for while now. There are quite a few ZL1's in Dade and Broward but I do not believe that most are daily drivers, I know mine is not. I will be taking ours to the Mustang Car Show this weekend in Ft. Lauderdale.
Well mines been taken apart alot since July when I purchased it, n it's not a daily either. I will however be taking it out more. Where is that show at. I'd like to go. Maybe we can park together.
ORLYHPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 07:54 PM   #6
1hevy_chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
I'm sure most people that do have em down here are not daily's. If I get one it will definitely be my daily as I dont really have room at my house for a beater, I'd shoot for a 13 or 14 when the 16 comes out to get it for a decent price. I was wondering because it's been years since I have seen one on the street and it was at night. The closest thing to a z near me is a 600something hp SS few houses down lol.
Old 04-05-2015, 08:16 PM   #7
2NASSTY

Drives: 2014 M6 ZL1
The way people drive in Miami, I would not drive my ZL1 as a daily either. 9 out of 10 either just flat out can't drive or have no respect for your shit.
06' LeMans Blue Metallic Z06, 11.726 at 127.80 MPH Motor - SOLD.
96' Impala SS LTx, 11.397 at 118.10 MPH Motor, 1st stage 10.526 at 127.46 MPH
2NASSTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 08:25 PM   #8
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
I'm near Miami and use mine as a DD.
-bobby
Old 04-05-2015, 09:16 PM   #9
1hevy_chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2NASSTY View Post
The way people drive in Miami, I would not drive my ZL1 as a daily either. 9 out of 10 either just flat out can't drive or have no respect for your shit.
I hear you, but so far iv'e been able to manage with my v6 to keep it away from 'tards out on the street. Think I'll be able to manage that haha
Old 04-05-2015, 09:36 PM   #10
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hevy_chevy View Post
I've lived in Miami my entire life. As a kid when the camaro concept was unveiled for transformers back in 2009ish I was in love with the car. Everytime I'd go out with my rents or even when I started driving I'd keep an eye out for Camaro's on the street. Quite obsessively actually. Now with the 6th gen coming out, I'm praying that theres some kind of crazy fire sale or discount on the 5th gens, Zl1 included. I'll be in the market for either a Z or a 6th gen SS soon, having a 1LS for almost 3 years now. Money wise I think I am fine, but my question is, why aren't there any Z's in Miami? I'm worried that if I get one, whatever everyone else seems to be afraid of down here about getting one will happen to me . Not saying anything bad probably happens but I mean these guys must be hiding them for a reason right? , but I mean in my life I probably have only seen 3 down here in south florida... faux ZL1's not included lol. I mean I see a TON of gt500's down here, including 2 that live in my neighborhood. One of my close friends actually has a shelby as well. I'm not worried about gas because of the stop and go traffic here. I live in the kendall area and work on the beach so its roughly a 45min commute to work, maybe an hour with traffic. Whats the deal, is there something I should be worried about?
Just because you don't see them on the street, doesn't mean they're not out there.
For example I live and worked in the Detroit metro area and when I was still working, drove through Detroit every work day.
I've had my ZL1 for 2 1/2 years now and so far I have only seen TWO on the street while driving around.

I know for a fact there are quite a few in the area because we have 7 or 8 in our club alone, and I see them at the local shows, and of course on Woodward during the dream cruise. I would guess that there are probably 40-50 ZL1's in the Detroit area easy.

People have them, they just drive them that often around town.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2015, 09:37 PM   #11
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORLYHPD View Post
Well mines been taken apart alot since July when I purchased it, n it's not a daily either. I will however be taking it out more. Where is that show at. I'd like to go. Maybe we can park together.
This Saturday, April 11 at 10:00am. AutoNation Ford of Ft. Lauderdale just north of Sunrise Blvd. on Federal Highway (US-1).
Old 04-05-2015, 09:44 PM   #12
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
I'm near Miami and use mine as a DD.
-bobby
I give you a lot of credit to make yours a daily driver in South Florida. You also have an excellent taste in car colors.
Old 04-06-2015, 02:10 AM   #13
ninsecgt

Drives: 2017 zl1
Zl1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hevy_chevy View Post
I'm here in Miami and in Kendall. Mine's at redline Motorsports getting more upgrades. Police officer here and I love drivin it around in the kendall area
ninsecgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 05:41 AM   #14
1hevy_chevy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsecgt View Post
I'm here in Miami and in Kendall. Mine's at redline Motorsports getting more upgrades. Police officer here and I love drivin it around in the kendall area
Thank you to everyone who chimed in, I am not as worried about getting one anymore! I plan on daily'ing the shit out of it so hopefully all goes well.