Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-19-2012, 12:03 PM   #71
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
Dumb question but what is that wrap material on the intake tube pictured?
Thermo Tec insulation. The MAF is mounted in the inter-cooler. We wanted to make sure the air temperature was the same at the MAF as it is going into the engine so we wrapped the charger tube. It has two full layers of insulation. Header wrap is the first and then the Thermo Tec shield on top.

http://www.thermotec.com/products/14...at-shield.html
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #72
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Because of this thread I was able to make an educated decision....Pedders Coilovers

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:05 PM   #73
Kronix

Pete,
Sent you a voicemail & email....Having an issue with my Z-Force hood hitting the Pedders coil over adjustment knob. The -Force hood doesn't have the clearance of the stock hood & the adjustment knobs are higher

Here's the pics:

The knob is higher than the stock black cap from front tower

Emails sent to Eric at MPD1 as well.....I need HELP BAD!!!
Am I the only one with this issue???????

Anyone???

Please Help

Old 02-24-2012, 11:58 PM   #74
JusticePete

At this time, you have the honor of being the only one I know about. We ran into this issue shortly after the release of our coilovers on a Nickey Chicago build. We immediately revised the amount of shaft that extends above the OEM nut to the minimum number of threads required for the adjuster. Since then, you are the first to report a similar issue.

The fix is to remove the adjuster knob and store them in your glove box. They do not need to be tight to make a damping adjustment. Drop them in place, hand tighten the nut and turn the adjusting knob. That is the easy part. Can you touch up the tracks under your hood?
Old 02-25-2012, 10:56 AM   #75
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
At this time, you have the honor of being the only one I know about. We ran into this issue shortly after the release of our coilovers on a Nickey Chicago build. We immediately revised the amount of shaft that extends above the OEM nut to the minimum number of threads required for the adjuster. Since then, you are the first to report a similar issue.

The fix is to remove the adjuster knob and store them in your glove box. They do not need to be tight to make a damping adjustment. Drop them in place, hand tighten the nut and turn the adjusting knob. That is the easy part. Can you touch up the tracks under your hood?
Why couldn't I have the honor of hitting the Powerball?!?!!?!?!!!!

Thanks for the PM Pete, and we'll get the knobs off Monday and let you know how it goes, glad it's a simple fix. We'll just have to touch up the hood, it was just installed this week, before the coilovers. Sucks to be me this week! Everytime the car is close to getting done, something pushes us back....One day I'll drive it before it becomes a classic!

Old 02-28-2012, 07:19 PM   #76
llcamaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
Kronix answered one question I had; where are the adjusters on the xa coilovers. I see the fronts, very easy to get to, how easy are the rears to access?
Old 02-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #77
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcamaro View Post
Kronix answered one question I had; where are the adjusters on the xa coilovers. I see the fronts, very easy to get to, how easy are the rears to access?
Not as easy as the fronts, but not hard. I have a video to post up showing how to do it. I'll shoot for tomorrow.

Last edited by JusticePete; 02-28-2012 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #78
llcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Nat as easy as the fronts, but not hard. I have a video to post up showing how to do it. I'll shoot for tomorrow.
Thanks, I'm getting ready to make a decision between Pedders and that other company..and they're back ordered!
Old 02-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #79
Kronix

Quote:
Thanks, I'm getting ready to make a decision between Pedders and that other company..and they're back ordered!
Shouldn't even be a tough choice llcamaro! From a customer service standpoint alone, Pedders delivers top notch service. Pete's always been there when I had a question, responding either via email or phone call ASAP. Not many Presidents of companies do that, but it seems the norm at Pedders. Do you think the President of that "other" company is going to call you if you have an issue? I doubt it...Not to mention their product is awesome, and the choice of many professional racers, top shops around the globe and heck, I even saw Pete on TV with West Coast Customs!

Old 02-28-2012, 09:57 PM   #80
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
I even saw Pete on TV with West Coast Customs!
and your TV still works? mine broke when he came on.....
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #81
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@PeddersUSA.com View Post
and your TV still works? mine broke when he came on.....
Come on Rob, I was trying to butter him up and then ask him for a job!

Old 02-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #82
llcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Shouldn't even be a tough choice llcamaro! From a customer service standpoint alone, Pedders delivers top notch service. Pete's always been there when I had a question, responding either via email or phone call ASAP. Not many Presidents of companies do that, but it seems the norm at Pedders. Do you think the President of that "other" company is going to call you if you have an issue? I doubt it...Not to mention their product is awesome, and the choice of many professional racers, top shops around the globe and heck, I even saw Pete on TV with West Coast Customs!
Thanks, I have seen many testimonials to Pete and the company in the short time I've been a member here. I also saw Pete on the WCC show! I have no doubt I'll be getting a great product if I go with Pedders. I have a number of friends running Pfadt's on their Corvettes and it is also a great product. Choices!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:22 PM   #83
JusticePete

Quote:
Thanks, I have seen many testimonials to Pete and the company in the short time I've been a member here. I also saw Pete on the WCC show! I have no doubt I'll be getting a great product if I go with Pedders. I have a number of friends running Brand-X on their Corvettes and it is also a great product. Choices!

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. PGB@PeddersUSA.com
Old 03-01-2012, 01:36 PM   #84
llcamaro

Pete, why does your pace car package include this notice? Just noticed the ZL1 pace car package does not have the warning???

GMPP Note: This product is intended for use on racing and / or off road vehicles and is not authorized for use on street vehicles