Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #1
FutureCamaroOwner

Drives: White 1SS/Black Stripes
Bass assistance...

So I heard from some people that the bass in our system will lower as the volume increases. I am going to add 2 kick 10's with a 1k amp. My question is how do you get past this issue since there going to be hooking it up to the stock deck. Thanks
FutureCamaroOwner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:40 AM   #2
chris@lsrperformance

Drives: 2010 yellow beast
Make sure you use a quality line out converter.If all possible,get a amp that has a separate bass knob.This will help.
www.lsrperformance.com
chris@lsrperformance.com
229-245-9045
chris@lsrperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
+1 ^^ I did mine with a 4 channel amp bridged to 2 channels with a line out converter from rear speakers to the amp then one channel powers the subs and the other does the rear speakers.... It thumps and sounds great too now. The bass is not going down any time LOL.
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:35 AM   #4
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCamaroOwner View Post
So I heard from some people that the bass in our system will lower as the volume increases. I am going to add 2 kick 10's with a 1k amp. My question is how do you get past this issue since there going to be hooking it up to the stock deck. Thanks
It seems like aftermarket installers of subwoofers aren't having trouble with this. So, maybe it's the factory amp/signal processor that's doing the bass adjustment at the speaker level rather than the stock head unit doing it at the line level?
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 12:43 PM   #5
FutureCamaroOwner

Drives: White 1SS/Black Stripes
All great info. Thank you
FutureCamaroOwner is offline   Reply With Quote