Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-03-2008, 03:03 PM   #29
.Hack

Drives: Ford Mustang GT 2006 MT
a little offtopic... what about MPG? since current mustang GT is about 15-16 city (mine is a bit higher, around 17 not pushing it too hard).

Since Camaro's V8's gonna be a 6 liter unit... will it eat too much gas compared to a 'stang? hmm.. i hope not, at lest not by much anyways
Old 03-03-2008, 04:14 PM   #30
blindingillusion

Drives: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by .Hack View Post
a little offtopic... what about MPG? since current mustang GT is about 15-16 city (mine is a bit higher, around 17 not pushing it too hard).

Since Camaro's V8's gonna be a 6 liter unit... will it eat too much gas compared to a 'stang? hmm.. i hope not, at lest not by much anyways
With cylinder deactivation on the highway it could push 30 mpg. But yeah, around town it is going to eat the gas. I don't see how that is an issue though. MPG shouldn't even be something you consider when you look at buying a V8 because you know its going to suck. You buy a V8 for the performance, and you buy a camaro because Jesus would have driven one.
-Hurst Short Throw Shifter
-20" Polished Aluminum Wheels

Has Owned:
2008 Cobalt
1996 Monte Carlo
1988 Sierra
1979 LeSabre
blindingillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 04:50 PM   #31
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Sometimes all the talk about economy seems like a contradiction, however, I want it too. I have to say that, to me, these cars shouldn't be too far from
30 MPG on the freeway. For the love of God, my LT1 got 30+ MPG on the freeway going 80 MPH!!! (that is, only freeway driving) To me, it is hard enough to stay off the loud pedal but mileage won't be too big a concern. Just give me a good 'ole SBC and I'll be good to go.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 11:58 PM   #32
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
LS3 would be too much awesomeness and I think that if GM did it, it would be priced out of reach.
MMmmmm.....I don't know. That LS3 costs the SAME as the LS1. I know the technology will be far better than the old 4th Gens, but I don't think the price would go up that much. I bet w/ a motor like that, GM could pull the #'s and STEAL the musclecar market right out from under the feet of everyone!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:58 AM   #33
Emu the Foo

Drives: 92 Cadillac Sedan DeVille S/C
Send a message via AIM to Emu the Foo Send a message via Yahoo to Emu the Foo
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindingillusion View Post
With cylinder deactivation on the highway it could push 30 mpg. But yeah, around town it is going to eat the gas. I don't see how that is an issue though. MPG shouldn't even be something you consider when you look at buying a V8 because you know its going to suck. You buy a V8 for the performance, and you buy a camaro because Jesus would have driven one.
if you got that part frm me im glad i had an impact. if you came up with it yourself you know what they say, great minds think alike
Old 03-04-2008, 09:44 AM   #34
Italianwhiplash

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger r/t
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu the Foo View Post
k well i got 40k that im willing to spend. i got a 20k down so i think i will be satisfied
How, did you put 20 grand down on a car, that doesn't even have a price tag on it? Ramp Chevy (where i'm buying it) Is only taking 500 bucks to reserve it and when prices come up. We get to choose which one we want and what packages. I'd try and get that 19,500.00 back lol.
Italianwhiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 11:33 AM   #35
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Italianwhiplash View Post
How, did you put 20 grand down on a car, that doesn't even have a price tag on it? Ramp Chevy (where i'm buying it) Is only taking 500 bucks to reserve it and when prices come up. We get to choose which one we want and what packages. I'd try and get that 19,500.00 back lol.
He's saying he has a 20 thousand dollar down (payment). Sometimes, our typing isn't too clear!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 12:06 PM   #36
swazworth
the nerd king

Drives: 2005 scion xb...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
MMmmmm.....I don't know. That LS3 costs the SAME as the LS1. I know the technology will be far better than the old 4th Gens, but I don't think the price would go up that much. I bet w/ a motor like that, GM could pull the #'s and STEAL the musclecar market right out from under the feet of everyone!
i have to agree with tag->>>
think about it a fully loaded G8 gt is MSRP $32,745,(will be a little more with all-season tires) yes i know that is not the LS3 but... it has been pointed out many times on the forums that pontiac is usually money $$$$ then chevy. i would guess that a fully loaded camaro, @ least one that will come out early next year, can't be anymore then this.
i really believe gm will do it right and give us a car we want @ a good price. it's the dealers i'm worried about.
swazworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 02:12 PM   #37
Emu the Foo

yeah, sorry for the confusion. i mean that i have about 20k saved up so when it comes out i will thorw that at them. but tell me if this makes sense. should i put ten down and with that remaining ten make double payments for a while??? boost up my credit or pay it off fast??? thanks for saving me too tag
Old 03-04-2008, 02:53 PM   #38
radz28
Petro-sexual

I think I'd weigh what the difference in the paymens would be. If you could swing payments on the $10K, maybe you could use a little for some mods' and then put the rest toward monthly payments.

I'm not good with money though...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 03-04-2008, 02:54 PM   #39
Emu the Foo

thanks for the advice cuz im not good with money either. maybe 15k would work
Old 03-04-2008, 02:55 PM   #40
radz28
Petro-sexual

That's a lot of dough though. Be careful

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 03-04-2008, 03:33 PM   #41
Emu the Foo

yeah but ill have some left over. i landed this new job with at&t and with benifits ill be makeing an estimated $64,233. i got it in feb lol, im gonna start saving now
Old 03-04-2008, 04:16 PM   #42
radz28
Petro-sexual

Congrats' on the new job I'm sure it feels good to be in the work force again

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"