Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-28-2010, 11:33 AM   #1
BalogUK
THE architect.

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Angry agghghg! make it stop!

sporadically-- (3x in the past two weeks) the chime...not the ding....ding....ding- the ding..ding..ding..ding..ding will start going off when i get in the car- no lights, no key in ignition, no seatbelt, car on or off it doesn't matter and it WONT STOP- you can even get out of the car, close the door, lock the door and you can still hear it beeping inside. WTF!!? only way to fix it so far is to cycle the ignition a couple times ON/OFF

anyone?

I love my car but this is irritating!
Justin
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
BalogUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 11:45 PM   #2
Sc0rPs

Drives: 2010 2LT / RS - 2013 ZL1
Ah, there's a fix for that: Take it to the dealer under your warranty.
Sc0rPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 07:19 AM   #3
BalogUK
THE architect.

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0rPs View Post
Ah, there's a fix for that: Take it to the dealer under your warranty.
absolutely...if only it were that easy...

except that you've got to consider the state of your "local" dealership networks and their "oh so helpful" attitude toward customers-

"sorry we cannot reproduce the problem, so we don't know what's going on, you must be stupid"

"hmm, I can't find any TSB's for any issue of that nature, so I'm not sure what needs to be done, why don't you wait and see if something comes up in the future, get the hell outta my shop so I can go finish my fries"

so I come here to Camaro5, where HOPEFULLY someone can provide assistance.
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
BalogUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #4
joe h

Drives: victory red 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
I like the "gm will get back to us on monday about what to do next."

2 weeks later, AC worse than ever

me "So did GM ever get in touch with you, I think my AC is about to kick the bucket."

Stan Puklich "No, they were only going to get back to us if they found a fix, could be tomorrow, could be a year from now."

me "well, maybe you need to look at it again, it has gotten worse"

sp "we hear it, we just don't know how to proceed"

16 minutes into a call with gm customer service after venting.

GM cs "well, we called the service department, they claim they could not reproduce the problem, so we are closing your case."

me "#%%$%^ &^^%$^& $%$#^%!"
joe h is offline   Reply With Quote