Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2011, 08:55 AM   #1
Blehner

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Black
2011 A/C going out?

I bought my 2011 2LT RS little over 2 months ago. This weekend, it was blowing really cold, looked like a fog mist coming out of the vents, looked cool as hell and didn't think nothing about it as it was really cold air. Then it stopped and started blowing warm/hot air. Turned my car off and parked it for a couple hours. Tried the A/C again after 20 minutes with it on. Still was only blowing hot air. Going to bring to the dealership tomorrow. Anyone else have this problem? I think I heard that the 2011 have a recall on the AC units?
Blehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:02 AM   #2
Camaro_Custom_Painted
Choke on that causality!

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
A similar thing happened to me last summer on a very hot and humid day. I turned off the AC and turned on the vents, that melted the accumulated ice in the system in about 10 minutes and it worked correctly again. I have since kept it on recycled air when running the AC and not had that problem.
Edelbrock EForce - Stainless Works Headers - BMR Sways & Arms & Toe Links & Control Arm Bushings & End Links - Rotofab CAI - Assorted Interior, Exterior, Underhood Bling - Red Jewel Stripes & Full Body Clear - Lexani LX15 Wheels - JRE Fuel Rail Upgrade - Kenne Bell BAP - Heartthrob XPipe - Elite Catch Can - Pedders Cradle & Front Arm Bushings - Hotchkis Strut Brace - MSD Wires - Carbotech Brakes - DSS 1000HP Axles & Driveshaft - Mickey Thompson Tires - Halo Harness - AutoMeter A/F, Boost, Fuel Pressure Gauges - Whats Next?
Camaro_Custom_Painted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #3
Travis64

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1lt rs auto 4-9-11
did u get the recall done
Travis64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #4
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Yes there is an A/C issue with certain Camaros. Tell your dealer your VIN and they'll be able to tell you if it affects your car or not.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 12:53 PM   #5
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
There is a recall and if yours is doing it then im sure it's on the list. Mine is and just need to schedule a time to bring it in. they say its pretty easy and quick but still need to make an appointment. hey told me over the phone to just bring it in when i go to pick up my new tag and they would re-falsh it and be on my way but of course when i got there they said i had to make an appointment!

neuf cruz
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
The recall has the dealer re-program your BCM. It only takes a few min.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #7
classy

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro
I had my AC go out on me about two months ago. Damn rock hit myA/C Condenser and damaged the piping . I had them repair it through the warranty, after fighting with them(GM regional rep) about the design flaw in the grill. Hope it’s not the same thing
classy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #8
carolina vert

Drives: 2011 SS/RS Convertible
My A/C went out on the drive home from dealership after purchase on July 14. 130 miles on odometer. The re-set didn't fix it, and had to order a new compressor. There aren't very many compressors to be had. Got lucky and one was available pretty close.

Was without A/C for 5 days.
carolina vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 04:53 PM   #9
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Like the OP I had my AC go out a few weeks ago like explained. I had the VIN checked but mine was not on the recall list. Took it to the dealer and there was a small crack in the AC condenser, and it was replace under warranty w/o pblms. Good luck to you.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote