Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-15-2018, 01:00 PM   #57
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
How great would this real people parody ad have been in 2017?

Have the real people focus group guy sitting in the passenger seat of a SS 1LE as the driver weaves through a field of Porsche, BMW-M... passing a GT350 with its hood up with overheating steam rising…

Change scene to a SS pulling four car lengths on a GT as the light turns green at a drag strip...
All while the focus group guy rattles off statistics about 2016 Motor Trend car of the year, consecutive 10Best, Nurburgring times, 0 to 60...

Then scene changes to the guy driving down a back road with his girl in the passenger seat.
The product far exceeded its domestic competitor's as an affordable performance car reaching the performance levels of Germany’s best. What a Camaro is changed. That wasn’t messaged well.
Exactly.

This Number3 guy seems to forget some of the great Camaro/Chevy ads that stand the test of time which would sell that car TODAY. Heartbeat of America. The 10 year old kid rattling off the stats of the 1993 Camaro Z28. Hell even the original 1967 ad of the Camaro driving out of hot lava and volcanic ash.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 01:04 PM   #58
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchevy View Post
Same here
When GM went front wheel drive and V6 on all the E Bodies In 1988 that showed even the casual fans NASCAR cars didn’t share a single bolt or body panel with its production stock car counterpart.

I don’t think there’s a soul in the world who wouldn’t want to own Dale Sr’s black 1988 GM Goodwrench Lumina. But a stock production Lumina? Even with the trouble prone DOHC 3.4 V6? I think most of them are in the junk yards by now.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:06 PM   #59

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
How about the stroke of genius having a Silverado pace the Daytona 500?!

Research data probably shows some inverted psychology of vehicle capabilities, style, and purpose...

Hell, they want to brain-wash us into clamoring for electric vehicles....Might as well tell us a truck is as trackworthy as a Camaro or Corvette....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 01:10 PM   #60
fastball
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

Research data probably shows some inverted psychology of vehicle capabilities, style, and purpose...

Hell, they want to brain-wash us into clamoring for electric vehicles....Might as well tell us a truck is as trackworthy as a Camaro or Corvette....
Number3 has data that says so. He knows for a fact you can take the turns at Daytona at 190 in a 4500 lb monster that sits 7” off the ground and has the aerodynamics of a brick wall.

He has data. You don’t. He knows. You don’t.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:08 PM   #61
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
Number3 has data that says so. He knows for a fact you can take the turns at Daytona at 190 in a 4500 lb monster that sits 7” off the ground and has the aerodynamics of a brick wall.

He has data. You don’t. He knows. You don’t.
Ummmmmm What?
Old 12-15-2018, 07:14 PM   #62
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
You know how much you sound like “Baghdad Bob”?

“Baghdad is safe, trust me, I know for a fact there are no Americans here” while an Abrams A-1 rolls right past the office

You remember how each press conference he had more and more microphones on his podium? That’s you. Seriously.
Quote:
The same data that says Baghdad is safe.
Sad that you can criticize things I know about and turn it into this.

Used to be a reasonable place where people that brought experience from a career at GM received a modicum of respec. Maybe not agreement but not this crap.

Even tried to tell you my wife did the job and was good friends with the same team on Camaro, but nope. Let’s just call names.

Sorry have to tap out on this.

You guys win. No one at GM knows as much as you. Your expertise apparently dwarfs their degrees, data and history.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:37 AM   #63
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
GM's single greatest problem is customer satisfaction. I'll say it again, the dash on my '66 Chevelle is in better condition than the dash on my 2011 Silverado which is cracked all to hell. What was GM's response when at 43k miles I brought it to their attention? "It is only cosmetic" and "you are out of warranty". Now multiply that by thousands of 2007 to 2013 Chevy Trucks and SUV's and the loss of future customers add's up. Fix "YOUR" screw up's GM and people will buy your vehicles. Pissing buyers off has never gone well for you. EVER!
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 07:09 AM   #64
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
You may not like the "real people" ads but we have opinions, GM has data.
So what is GM's data concerning the Camaro telling them? What are they doing with it?

Or perhaps - if performance car advertising is officially considered to be poison as far as being seen as an EV/technology/mobility company is concerned - being directed to do (or not do) with it?

Norm
Old 12-16-2018, 07:14 AM   #65
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post

Unfortunately, way too many people will fall for it.

Hook.

Line.

Sinker.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 12-16-2018 at 09:00 AM.
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:07 AM   #66
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Sad that you can criticize things I know about and turn it into this.

Used to be a reasonable place where people that brought experience from a career at GM received a modicum of respec. Maybe not agreement but not this crap.

Even tried to tell you my wife did the job and was good friends with the same team on Camaro, but nope. Let’s just call names.

Sorry have to tap out on this.

You guys win. No one at GM knows as much as you. Your expertise apparently dwarfs their degrees, data and history.
Guys are sharing real world observations about GM marketing and you dismiss them. “We” are professionals with data.

Your wife’s experience as brand manager with Corvette? ...one of the cars you just told us needs no marketing?

It also doesn’t help that you are not a Camaro fan. You’ve never owned one and your vision of the perfect coupe doesn’t fit what a Camaro is. That’s not saying that you don’t have valid points or that I wouldn’t buy the car you described. The slammed roof, high belt, shitty trunk lift over were needless misses but you described a two door Chevy SS. Big ass coupe with a V8

You don’t like the gen6. You act like it would have been a consideration had it not been so flawed even though we both know you’d never buy a Camaro. You come across like you hope it gets canceled so you can say you were right. “Marketing was fine...the product sucked.”

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 08:33 AM   #67
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
actually the product is pretty damn good,but the A8 shift issues need a permanent fix.and go back to the 2018 front end...get the dodge ad people to do camaro and vette ads.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 02:20 PM   #68
dpevans

Drives: 2024 Riverside Blue 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCG Garnet Red View Post
NASCAR vehicles are no where close to any street car they try to represent. Nothing but decals on hand built vehicles to make them look like a Camaro, Mustang, or some Dodge. I used to watch NASCAR to lead me to a Sunday afternoon nap. Haven't watched in years. It's in real decline with more seats covered by tarps than those with fans in them.
In order for a manufacture to enter a car in NASCARs Monster Energy, Xfinity, or Truck series it has to be in production. No reason Chevy and the Chevy teams would spend all that cash in developing the Camaro if they were going to dump in a couple years. It takes years of developing and testing to get approved by NASCAR. Chevrolet also has a major investment in the COPO Camaro in NHRA. Don't see the Camaro going anywhere soon.
dpevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:42 PM   #69
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
actually the product is pretty damn good,but the A8 shift issues need a permanent fix.and go back to the 2018 front end...get the dodge ad people to do camaro and vette ads.

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:30 AM   #70

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlap View Post
Real people ads actually produces a negative reaction.

Camaro has its shortcomings but it also has transformative performance properties that R&T literally said redefine the brand. Crickets from marketing.

I recall these magazine reviews,R &T and others, basically were described as the marketing/advertising plan...TV commercials weren't needed, supposedly, because of all the free press that enthusiasts would see. These weren't considered just op-eds, non-news, etc., that were discounted as irrelevant, but were the only publicity given the Camaro. It didn't seem like Camaro was ever promoted beyond the magazines for it's 6thGen leading features...oh, well...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote