Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-10-2012, 11:22 PM   #15
Sleez

Drives: 2010, 2LT, RS, 6M, ABM (#1893) SOLD
well, apparently they thought it was going to be the interface connection piece. didn't work, they want me to bring it back thursday when i can leave it longer, (all day). it seems that when you press the aux button it just toggles to XM and CD, never indicates aux/usb. i wasn't sure if it would if there wasn't anything plugged into it.

most likely the PDIM, but i will have to wait until thursday evening to find out, and they'll still have to order it i'm sure.
Sleez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #16
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleez View Post
well, apparently they thought it was going to be the interface connection piece. didn't work, they want me to bring it back thursday when i can leave it longer, (all day). it seems that when you press the aux button it just toggles to XM and CD, never indicates aux/usb. i wasn't sure if it would if there wasn't anything plugged into it.

most likely the PDIM, but i will have to wait until thursday evening to find out, and they'll still have to order it i'm sure.
And if it's on back-order...:emoticon7:
Old 01-11-2012, 06:59 AM   #17
camtx45

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 45th Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by camtx45 View Post
I believe I have the same problem.

Just got my '12 the day after Christmas. The USB input worked fine until 2 days ago. (It worked with a USB thumbdrive and a Zune.) Now neither the USB input nor the 3.5 jack show up in the display... it just switches between CD and radio when I press the AUX button.
Took the '12 to the dealer yesterday. They said they saw the problem too, but after taking it apart the AUX input started showing up and working again, even though they didn't do anything to fix it. They were never able to make it fail again, so they put it back together and I got the car back last night. She worked fine all the way home. Guess there are gremlins in them thar modules!

Good luck, Sleez... hope yours starts working again too.
camtx45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:21 PM   #18
Sleez

well, they had her all day, and ordered a Multi Media Module????

we'll see.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #19
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleez View Post
well, they had her all day, and ordered a Multi Media Module????

we'll see.
that's the PDIM... same thing.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:29 PM   #20
Wild Bill NY

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I have minor issues if I shut the car off While iPod is plugged in when I start the again I have to unplug the iPod and plug it back in so it will work again.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #21
Sleez

i thought so, thanks Darth
Old 01-13-2012, 03:28 AM   #22
Shayne70

Drives: 2010 Black 2ss Chevy Camaro
Hey quick question I am having the same problem. So when i first got the car about a month ago the ipod jack worked with my ipod and recently it is not picking it up. I have tried with different ipods and cords and still nothing. I took it to the dealer and i have an appointment scheduled the thing is if it is not under warranty (Stress on plug) gonna cost me about 150$ for them just to look at. When i first had the plug working i noticed every time i closed the center console the music would shut off for about 3 seconds then turn back on like it got connection again.

I am just wondering does anyone think it could be due to disconnection of cords that i could fix? Or do I have to take it in?

Thanks
Shayne70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:47 AM   #23
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Bill NY View Post
I have minor issues if I shut the car off While iPod is plugged in when I start the again I have to unplug the iPod and plug it back in so it will work again.
They re-programed mine last year. Acting again now. I have to pull usb out & plug back in to get it to recognise ipod. Said they would order another module.

CRUZN-SS VIA tapatalk
Old 01-13-2012, 08:35 AM   #24
Sleez

not sure on those other issues, mine never worked.

my service manager did say they have replaced a few connector modules, the ones mounted in the center console containing the outlets, and that has fixed them. that is what they odered for mine first, but it made no difference.
Old 01-14-2012, 06:01 PM   #25
Wild Bill NY

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznSS View Post
They re-programed mine last year. Acting again now. I have to pull usb out & plug back in to get it to recognise ipod. Said they would order another module.

CRUZN-SS VIA tapatalk
So this isn't normal and it's a module problem ?
Old 01-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #26
v8

Drives: 19 Z06
I should probably try mine, i have never used it
2009 Mustang GT convertible
2012 45th 2SS Vert
2013 ZL1 M6
2014 Zl1 M6
2014 GT500
2016 Challenger Hellcat M6

www.youtube.com/c/garageking

v8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #27
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayne70 View Post
Hey quick question I am having the same problem. So when i first got the car about a month ago the ipod jack worked with my ipod and recently it is not picking it up. I have tried with different ipods and cords and still nothing. I took it to the dealer and i have an appointment scheduled the thing is if it is not under warranty (Stress on plug) gonna cost me about 150$ for them just to look at. When i first had the plug working i noticed every time i closed the center console the music would shut off for about 3 seconds then turn back on like it got connection again.

I am just wondering does anyone think it could be due to disconnection of cords that i could fix? Or do I have to take it in?

Thanks
You don't have waranty?

Mine quit recognizing ipod about a year and a half ago. Took it to dealer and the harness to the usb port had came unplugged in the console. Only problem since is sometimes it don't see the ipod and have to disconnect and reconnect. That's just a ipod wire issue.
Old 01-16-2012, 05:44 PM   #28
Carolinacamaro11

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
no sound from IPOD

i just purchased a 2011 RS and when i connect the ipod into the usb port, it shows the ipod is connected and shows the list of songs... indicates it is playing but no sound is coming out... any suggestions or has anyone had this type of problem.... taking it to the dealer tomorrow...Hope its under warranty..

Thanks...JIMName:  005 (1024x768).jpg
Views: 128
Size:  562.4 KB
Carolinacamaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote