Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-17-2011, 07:48 AM   #29
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincy11RS View Post
So, I went to the dealership on my way home from work. Got there about 5:15 and at first they were not going to even pull it in and look at it since all of their "diagnostic technicians" leave at five (even though they stay the service dept stays open til nine). Said I'd either have to leave the car overnight so they could "diagnose" it and fix it the next day or make an appointment to bring it back later this week! I became a little animated with my displeasure at these options, let's just say, so they finally pulled it in a bay and I saw some guy open the under-hood fuse box, reseat or replace something, and then when they took it back outside (still sunny) and put it in drive (I had done this previously when they weren't working), viola!, the DRL's (aka, fogs) came on! Yeah!
True, that they didn't for the first three days of ownership was NOT an earthshaking problem in and of itself. It was just the annoying fact that something was not working properly on a brand new car.
I'm glad to see you got the problem fixed. Its funny how electrical problems work. You can check every inch of wiring, but if you miss one little thing (the fuse) you may never figure it out
Old 03-17-2011, 10:57 AM   #30
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
But I didn't think there was a fuse for the DRL.....otherwise I would've pulled mine long ago.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 11:01 AM   #31
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dblock5 View Post
So do FOGLIGHTS come on 2LT (non-RS) and 2SS (non-RS)? Just confirming.
Yes...any non-RS that has the fog lights. That includes 1LT and 1SS. LS doesn't come with fog lights at all so no way for them to come on.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #32
Dblock5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Yes...any non-RS that has the fog lights. That includes 1LT and 1SS. LS doesn't come with fog lights at all so no way for them to come on.
Thanks for the info.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:17 PM   #33
CamaroBC

Drives: Cyber Grey 2LT RS Coupe
hmmmm mine dont come on either.
Is it an easy fix or should i go to the dealership?
CamaroBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:55 PM   #34
Carolinacamaro11

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
DRS

I wanted to add this comment... I have a 2011 Camaro RS also, my fog/drls or whatever you want to call them do not come on any any manner... start the car,.. leave setting on auto still nothing... just the head lights...the lower lights do not come on and there is no way of pushing in on the knob also.. talked to a friend tonight and he has the 2011 convertible SS and same issue with his... he said he talked to the dealership and they have no idea why they will not work.... not sure if they are following up on it or not, so I think I will take mine to a different dealership..

if anyone has this same issue and it gets resolved, I would appreciate a message on what it took to fix it...
Carolinacamaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #35
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolinacamaro11 View Post
I wanted to add this comment... I have a 2011 Camaro RS also, my fog/drls or whatever you want to call them do not come on any any manner... start the car,.. leave setting on auto still nothing... just the head lights...the lower lights do not come on and there is no way of pushing in on the knob also.. talked to a friend tonight and he has the 2011 convertible SS and same issue with his... he said he talked to the dealership and they have no idea why they will not work.... not sure if they are following up on it or not, so I think I will take mine to a different dealership..

if anyone has this same issue and it gets resolved, I would appreciate a message on what it took to fix it...
The car has to be in gear and the parking brake disengaged for the DRLs to turn on.
Old 03-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #36
BDH

Drives: 2012 1LT-RS
6 speed

Hello Steiger...When you say "in gear," are you referring to an automatic or manual transmission or both? I ordered a v6 manual. Let say if I am at a red light, have my stick in neutral, and set my parking brake, my DRLs will turn off? Thanks.
BDH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:37 AM   #37
The Stig

Yes they will turn off.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #38
BDH

Interesting. Do you know the rationale behind this? Is it a safey feature you think? Been around since the 2010 model? I wonder if the same thing happens to my 2010 Civic 5 sp but I just never noticed? Sorry for the questions but I find this intriguing. Thanks for your time and quick response.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #39
The Stig

No idea as to the rationale behind it sorry. Only reason I know about it is because a version of your question gets asked from time to time.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:11 AM   #40
BDH

Learn something new everyday...

Thanks steiger.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:13 AM   #41
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
They are on as soon as you switch the key to the ON possition, regardless of gear or the brake being on or off.

The only ways they go off is on click counter clockwise to turn them and auto headlights OFF or to turn on the lights. They will go off automatically whenever the halos and/or headlights are on. Pulling the parking brake won't turn them off.

Sent while on baby duty.... please sleep
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:58 AM   #42
Ph4r
Top Down Fun

Drives: 11 2SS/RS IOM Vert
Mine work as Steiger suggested above. It made testing them when I replaced them the other weekend scary. Luckily I had some bricks to block the tires with. I had to Release the Parking Brake and have the car in Gear with the Key in ON to get them to come on.

Daily Driver: 2016 Ford Fusion Titanium with 2 car seats in the back!
Ph4r is offline   Reply With Quote