Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-13-2011, 10:23 PM   #15
Bama 2SS/RS

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamst8 View Post
That does look good the way you diid this...good choice and the threads add a little...
Thanks, man. I hope I didn't steal your thunder here, by the way. Wasn't trying to do that, just wanted to show off my Ace wheel, too.

Where'd you get that checkered flag setup for your dash and door panels?
Bama 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:21 AM   #16
dreamst8
WrkrBee

Drives: 16 Hyper & 11 Victory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama 2SS/RS View Post
Thanks, man. I hope I didn't steal your thunder here, by the way. Wasn't trying to do that, just wanted to show off my Ace wheel, too.

No thunder stolen! I am so surprised more Camaro owners have not upgraded to this... and see the results here.. It's cool to see what others have done.. its painstaking to decide on options and choices to make!!

Where'd you get that checkered flag setup for your dash and door panels?
A local "Signs By Tomorrow" has the template design. They are vinyl wrap.
We created them last summer. I have these for sale if anyone is interested.. color switch is avail. We also retained the ambient lighting on the door, although it was all manual cutting before application, but they turned out surprisingly well!!

2011 2 LT/RS Victory Red V6 M6
dreamst8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:56 AM   #17
steeleshark2

Drives: 2010 Transformer 1SS Camaro
Looks real nice!!
steeleshark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:58 AM   #18
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Looks great! I just ordered mine from SparksAI too (black/black perforated/silver stitching)! How does the wheel feel in your hands? Is it fatter than the stock wheel? I never liked the way the stock wheel feels, kinda awkward, you know? I can't wait to get it! How long did yours take to arrive after ordering?
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:09 AM   #19
lightner75
LoneStar Camaro

Drives: 2010 cyber gray 2ss
Quote:
A local "Signs By Tomorrow" has the template design. They are vinyl wrap.
We created them last summer. I have these for sale if anyone is interested.. color switch is avail. We also retained the ambient lighting on the door, although it was all manual cutting before application, but they turned out surprisingly well!!

Hello there..Just wanted to clarify that signs by tomorrow is the name of the shop that did your vinly wrap and if so do you have an address..??

thanks
lightner75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:16 AM   #20
Bama 2SS/RS

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmike View Post
Looks great! I just ordered mine from SparksAI too (black/black perforated/silver stitching)! How does the wheel feel in your hands? Is it fatter than the stock wheel? I never liked the way the stock wheel feels, kinda awkward, you know? I can't wait to get it! How long did yours take to arrive after ordering?
The factory wheel always seemed, to me, to be wider front-to-back than it was side-to-side, making it more oval. The Ace wheel is a little more round than oval. It's also got a completely different profile, so it's a little thicker than the stock wheel in some areas, and a little narrower in others. It's definitely thicker in the 10 and 2 positions.

The leather feels like it's a higher quality than the factory wheel, and just feels more "supple" I guess you could say. The foam they use feels pretty firm, so the wheel isn't squishy or anything. The overall shape may take a little getting used to, because they worked to make the bottom part sort of square, so it has to "bumps" you'll notice if you're used to just letting the wheel spin in your hand coming out of a turn.

In my opinion, it's at least as good as the factory wheel in quality, fit, and finish, but I think it's a great improvement, personally.
Bama 2SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 08:41 AM   #21
dreamst8
WrkrBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightner75 View Post
Hello there..Just wanted to clarify that signs by tomorrow is the name of the shop that did your vinly wrap and if so do you have an address..??

thanks
PM Sent!

Old 04-17-2011, 06:05 PM   #22
dreamst8
WrkrBee

Soooo... who grabbed one of these @ CFest???

Old 04-17-2011, 08:41 PM   #23
anglwngss
Texas Camaros

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
dreamst8

Do you ever go to Cars & Coffee or any local car shows? I'd love to see both the steering wheel and the vinyl door panels in person!
Old 04-17-2011, 09:05 PM   #24
dreamst8
WrkrBee

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglwngss View Post
dreamst8

Do you ever go to Cars & Coffee or any local car shows? I'd love to see both the steering wheel and the vinyl door panels in person!
Never make it to C&C, too early and I am too far away..

I like to get to the meets in Southlake, thats a group of about a dozen owners that meet, chat and grab a bite to eat, Kincaid's is right there.. ..watch the Texas link on Camaro5 for postings on that.. I think they are planning one now for the 30th of April..gonna make that one..

I usually make it out to some car shows, none scheduled at the moment.. we will definitely be doing the Laps for Charity with Camaro5 on May 7th.

What part of town are you in? Maybe we could meet some eveing if we are close enough....

Old 04-17-2011, 09:10 PM   #25
anglwngss
Texas Camaros

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green 2SS/RS
Hubby's doing the laps for charity on May 7th. We'll be coming with the Lone Star Camaro group. I'll look you up there!

We've made it out to the Southlake meet once, I think. There were only a couple of guys there with us. We've been with some people in Mansfield a few times, too. Anyway, I'll try to hook up with you on the 7th!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:34 AM   #26
ACE Custom Steering

Drives: Camaro
We installed a few

Quote:
Soooo... who grabbed one of these @ CFest???
Unfortunately, due to another UPS blunder, a few very patient customers did not get their steering wheel installed. Other fortunate ones either had their CamaroFest Special steering wheels installed by Sean, or purchased one of the ones we brought for display
ACE Custom Steering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:38 AM   #27
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Here is a pic of my new ACE steering wheel that Sean put on during CFII.
Attached Images

3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2011, 10:53 AM   #28
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
So do you own a shop? Just wondering as I should be getting my ACE Steering wheel in soon and will need to get it installed. (I have the 4 gauge trim I need to install as well). I'm up in McKinney.

thanks,
Crowley