Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #43
Coach&Sedan

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
I've taken the liberty of asking my 9 year old grandson, what the solution to your seat height issue might be. He's exactly as tall as you are and is a muscular 185 lbs. He had the strangest look on his face when-ever I responded to his laughter with...................TR I'm serious, we've got a Camaro5 member whose head is getting stuck in the moonroof area and can't drive his car comfortably and needs help. His response was....... its impossible and ask that I post this pic of him with the seat adjustments all the way up and level....you'll see that the top of his head isn't anywhere near the top of the window opening on the drivers side, let alone near, at or in the area of the headliner or moonroof opening. He wanted me to tell you, that this is his normal driving position................and wishes he had a solution to offer.
Yeah Ok his is 5'8" Tape measure Please! Looks legit...
Coach&Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #44
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach&Sedan View Post
Not sure you saw the part about the GM dealership has done this as well and has confirmed but no fix! So take the time to read my opening post so you can clearly understand why I am LOOKING FOR SEAT ALTERNATIVES (and Not a debate on who has no problems etc)! I would like to blame driver error as well. I would welcome to have any member in the Brewster NY area to have a look....
Please don't give me lip. I'm trying to help AND save you a few hundred dollars. Have a member of camaro5 - NOT a tech from your dealer. Techs at dealerships are idiots.

If you are dead set on buying a new seat your only option is a racing seat. Here's a link to where you can buy them: http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/ The seats start at about $450. And that's JUST the seat. You still need to buy the bracket, harness, and pay for installation.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #45
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
In all seriousness, I don't think a different seat is going to fix your problem. Assuming the seat is functioning properly - It sounds like you may need to explore a different car. The ergonomics of the car are limited and just don't fit all body types.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:46 PM   #46
Coach&Sedan

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Please don't give me lip. I'm trying to help AND save you a few hundred dollars. Have a member of camaro5 - NOT a tech from your dealer. Techs at dealerships are idiots.

If you are dead set on buying a new seat your only option is a racing seat. Here's a link to where you can buy them: http://www.racing-seats-usa.com/ The seats start at about $450. And that's JUST the seat. You still need to buy the bracket, harness, and pay for installation.
Finally a to the point answer! "Techs at dealerships are idiots" The class you display is beyond amazing! WTF kind of statement from a Moderator is that. Oh well take care....
Coach&Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:51 PM   #47
dkp2LT

Drives: '11 2SS, '11 C6 GS, '04 MDX
I think people are trying to help but you don't like the answers. I guess an alternative would be take out the seat and sit on the floor.

If you don't like the answers then remember how much you paid for them.
dkp2LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:52 PM   #48
adamgl

Drives: '98 Camaro Z28, '06 Z06
I don't have much head room in mine with the sunroof. I have the seat all the way down, back, and leaned back. But I'm 6' 3". Try raising the seat up as far as it will go and look under it. Make sure there isn't anything under the seat or stuck in between the moving parts that limits travel.
'06 Z06 2LZ, Cam, P/P/M Heads, FAST Intake/TB, ARH, CAI, HP Clutch/FW, C5 Axles,
Pfadt Coilovers/Poly Bushings, Carbon Fiber: Everything, lol. HID's, 360 Forged Spec 5's/Invo's, Custom Interior. 550 RWHP
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235911
adamgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #49
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
I, too, am confounded by the fact that at your height you're having headroom problems.

Is there a way that you can sit in the car and have someone take pictures?

I'm concerned that your power seat is binding on something - and that it is not going to the lowest position......

We do not recommend making any modifications to the seat or the tracks - as it could compromise the safety of your Camaro.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #50
ThatGirlFriday

Drives: the boys crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
I think people are trying to help but you don't like the answers. I guess an alternative would be take out the seat and sit on the floor.

If you don't like the answers then remember how much you paid for them.
!!!

Chevy engineers are genius and i would think most men are over 6' right? probably didnt design it for
mongolian pigme children.
so thats why several of us including the moderator suggest that you figure out
if it is just your car that is to blame.

then it is a warranty issue.

then it is not a headache to fix! plus how strange would one seat being different look.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #51
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach&Sedan View Post
Finally a to the point answer! "Techs at dealerships are idiots" The class you display is beyond amazing! WTF kind of statement from a Moderator is that. Oh well take care....
I honestly don't know what else I can do to help you. I've suggested having another member sit in the car to confirm that the problem is the car. You didn't like that answer. So I gave you a link to where you could buy a replacement seat. Again you didn't like that answer.
Old 04-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #52
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
OP, do you look kinda like this?

Name:  New Picture (1) copy.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  79.6 KB
Old 04-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #53
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #54
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkp2LT View Post
^^ for some reason I have a feeling you shouldn't lend him your car in 7 years! lol.
That issue may physically resolve itself..well atleast driving a hard top. A vert maybe.....with the top down . In mentioning TR suffered a fracture in the growth plate in his left arm, its his dominate arm. Anywho's................scans were taken along with pertinent measurements and the Ortho surgeon estimates that by age 16 he will stand atleast 7'4" and weigh approx 400lbs. OP he's a BIG boy trust me............heres a pic of him taken a while back with his older averaged sized best buddy............
Attached Images

Last edited by Caspers2SSRS; 04-14-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #55
JJPlace1

Drives: 2010 2LT Victory Red
Does the height he has given us take into consideration his extremely large and unusual head ?
No Problems here , 6 ft. 2"
JJPlace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #56
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJPlace1 View Post
Does the height he has given us take into consideration his extremely large and unusual head ?
No Problems here , 6 ft. 2"
Hmmmmmmmmmm..........My head too swells after climbing in the pilots seat. Good Catch! Still doesn't touch the headliner or moonroof and at a pre swollen six and a half feet tall.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote