Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-05-2011, 11:25 AM   #197
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Haven't been following the Vararam stuff extremely close... There really hasn't been a truly independent test of it has there? With all the hype and the big list of folk wanting to buy it before it's even released.... well, it' just gives me a bad case of Deja Vu! (and no, i'm not talking about the gentleman's club with the exotic dancers... LOL)
I thought that too, lots of people ready to fork over $350 without seeing anything independent.

Oh and:
"1000s of beautiful girls, and 3 ugly ones"
Old 05-05-2011, 12:16 PM   #198
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I thought that too, lots of people ready to fork over $350 without seeing anything independent.

Oh and:

i am waiting for all those people to buy it and then show some real world results before i consider that intake.

Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:26 PM   #199
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post

Oh and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge.128 View Post

i am waiting for all those people to buy it and then show some real world results before i consider that intake.
Well I'm in the same boat. Waiting to see the impressions of these early adopters.

But I have to say that I, for one, trust what member rolnslo has given us regarding the Vararam intake and his testing which was apparantly done at a facility outside of Vararam.

Is it possible that they could somehow be fudging the numbers? Sure it is. But rolnslo has been a member here for a long while, and I've never once seen him make some ridiculous post that makes me not believe what he has to say. I don't think the Vararam will be all that much better of a performer than the Injen, but so far it seems that it should be just as good if not better and thus that makes it THE intake to have at the moment.

Again, I want to hear from those who are switching over from another aftermarket intake to this one, and then if they give the feedback I'm hoping to hear, I'll also be switching.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:34 PM   #200
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
I'm gonna sum up this thread for everyone:

V8 leg humpers:

Quote:
OMG LOL V6 SUCKS GO GET A REAL CAR YOU'RE NOT A REAL MAN LOLOLOLOL
V6 leg humpers:

Quote:
OMG PLENTY OF POWER YOU CAN'T EVEN DRIVE THAT FAST ON NORMAL STREETS I SAVED MONEY LOLOLLOLOL
Bottom line is do what's reasonable for you. If you can afford the payments/insurance/gas get a V8. But don't stretch yourself to LOOK cool. If you can only afford a V6 it's nothing to be ashamed of as they are still fast, still beautiful, and still plenty of mods to do.
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #201
67 GTO
13.453 @ 101.90

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Rally Yellow
I've tried and sold 2 aftermarket intakes so far, one more won't hurt.

Perhaps #3 will be on the market.

GMPP exhaust/JBA shorties/Vararam CAI/VMax TB/SLP Pulley/VMax IM isolator/MACE Ported IM +Plenum Spacer/IPF Tuned
67 GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #202
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Haven't been following the Vararam stuff extremely close... There really hasn't been a truly independent test of it has there? With all the hype and the big list of folk wanting to buy it before it's even released.... well, it' just gives me a bad case of Deja Vu! (and no, i'm not talking about the gentleman's club with the exotic dancers... LOL)
Me too. We did that once before but this time I hope more successfully.Still when in the hands of the public the outcome is never as rosey! Besides the two professional tests has Injen and Vararam neck and neck from the two dynos except from 6000 rpm up where vararam makes double
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:38 PM   #203
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Well I'm in the same boat. Waiting to see the impressions of these early adopters.

But I have to say that I, for one, trust what member rolnslo has given us regarding the Vararam intake and his testing which was apparantly done at a facility outside of Vararam.

Is it possible that they could somehow be fudging the numbers? Sure it is. But rolnslo has been a member here for a long while, and I've never once seen him make some ridiculous post that makes me not believe what he has to say. I don't think the Vararam will be all that much better of a performer than the Injen, but so far it seems that it should be just as good if not better and thus that makes it THE intake to have at the moment.

Again, I want to hear from those who are switching over from another aftermarket intake to this one, and then if they give the feedback I'm hoping to hear, I'll also be switching.
I appreciate the comments. I wouldn't put my reputation on the line with the Vararam dyno results if I hadn't been there to see the high number runs myself. I know what my baseline numbers were prior to working with Vararam and I know how my car ran (daily driver for 27k miles before installing their intake). They were able to duplicate my baseline numbers from 3 other independent shops so their bottom line starting point was solid. My car runs insanely better than it ever has now that I've got their intake. Now, I don't have a way to do comparisons with the other intakes out there (Injen, CAI, Roto-fab, etc..) so I can't tell you that the Vararam is the top dog (yet). But, like you guys, I really want the Vararam intake in the hands of others, especially people that have run other intakes on their cars and can provide a good comparison, so we have another solid performance upgrade option for the V6 Camaro. Soon....
Old 05-07-2011, 10:59 PM   #204
AdamChoudhry

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova65 View Post
haha true! No matter what you have there is always something faster, just get what makes you happy. It's not like you can drive 100 mph on the streets anyways
Agreed except for the 100mph on the street thing
AdamChoudhry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 09:57 PM   #205
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Dollar for dollar I say the V6 Camaro and the Mustang or the best bang for the buck anywhere. The Mustang is noticably faster running high 13s. Can't beat that deal for the price. But the Camaro is a little slower but looks a lot better and has a better Highway ride in my opinion.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 10:38 PM   #206
CiscoBee
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro Rally Yellow 2LT
Does the V6 have enough power????

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147001

A few mods and under 12 seconds, NOT BAD!!!!! And you still use regular gas for daily driving, insurance cost is lower, so even with the mods it is still thousands lower than a
V8.
CiscoBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 04:23 AM   #207
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
Well, for me I love my V6. I love that at any moment I can blow by any car on the road. What you get is ultimately your choice. I asked the dealer what a new stock LS3 and Tremec TR6060 would be. He said the engine was "$5489.91 + tax, the Trans would run $3316.69". So for over $8806.60 you can get an SS, assuming you upgrade your 1LT. If you want to be a mechanic and do it yourself, then you can go the mod road. I'll tell you this like I tell everyone, the Chevy standard engine for most passenger cars during the '70's and '80's was the 305 V8. You could order a V8 that cranked out 350hp for more money and go higher for LOTS more money. The Camaro now comes with a V6 that turns out 312hp!!! To answer your question, yes the V6 has more than enough power. If you plan to race, you can get the V8. You will rarely need to get to 116mph in the 1LT with the V6. I believe the limiter/governor is set that high, for which you must have the right set of tires(ones rated at that speed). Well enjoy! Good Luck!
Old 07-13-2011, 05:22 AM   #208
Synergy_synner

Drives: Synergy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova65 View Post
haha true! No matter what you have there is always something faster
Unless the car someone happens to have is the Bugatti Veyron.

Synergy_synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 06:41 AM   #209
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy_synner View Post
Unless the car someone happens to have is the Bugatti Veyron.
There are cars that are faster. No one said anything about being stock...
Old 07-13-2011, 05:19 PM   #210
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
I've had my 2lt rs up to 149 mph... When it was still bone stock. Second day off the lot. Is that fast enough?... Now I just get to that speed a lot quicker.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote