Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #1
tex-grizz

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS w/RS package
Corsa Axle-Back...$$$ wow

Went by a local muffler shop today to check on some pricing for the Corsa axle-back exhaust... was quoted 1400 dollars and I just about fell over... What else has a very aggressive sound without blowing the budget and doesn't have a bad drone....
tex-grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Corsa doesn't sell an axleback... but yes that's even overpriced for their catback.

Just find another dealer on C5 and they will fix you up but not for less than 1k
Old 05-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #3
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Sounds like they wanted to get a man pregnant, if you catch my drift. I paid $1,145.00 for my Corsa "full catback" exhaust system delivered to my door. Borla Atak is another very nice sounding exhaust.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:28 PM   #4
ckaram

Drives: 2011 2SS RS, 1968 ragtop
That's probably the catback price. Either way, too rich for my blood too.

I have a used GM axleback, basically Borla mufflers. Paid like $300 or so. Unlikely you'll get any real RWHP gains with a catback or axleback.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #5
tex-grizz

Think I'm gunna try magnaflow again... loved it on my tundra... just don't know who too use around longview, as I don't have the ability todo it myself. On the mend from a shoulder surgery....
Old 05-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #6
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex-grizz View Post
Think I'm gunna try magnaflow again... loved it on my tundra... just don't know who too use around longview, as I don't have the ability todo it myself. On the mend from a shoulder surgery....
If you have an auto you might want to think again. Consider the drone and AFM factor.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #7
tex-grizz

I keep hearing about the drone issues... what direction should I head to still get it too sound like a muscle car but not deal with the drone, bc i do have an auto.... and I would like to not break the bank just yet
Old 05-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #8
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
1400 for a catback. man i miss the Camaro aftermarket.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 08:55 PM   #9
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Quote:
I keep hearing about the drone issues... what direction should I head to still get it too sound like a muscle car but not deal with the drone, bc i do have an auto.... and I would like to not break the bank just yet
You'll need Corsa or Solo to deal with the drone. Do some searches and reading up on AFM... there are a ton of threads covering this type noise which is not drone per se.

AFM can very simply be turned off in the tune but that technically voids drivetrain warranty. Range is a company that makes a plug and play item to turn off AFM that might work for you too. But if you don't hear AFM stock or it doesn't bother you now then you will be fine w/ Corsa too. Get Magnaflow and you'll go crazy until you turn AFM off.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #10
Agent WD-40

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
If you want a system that doesn't drone out of the box it seems like just about everybody will agree Corsa and Solo with J Pipes are the best bet. There are lots of other opinions on other brands that some people say done and others say don't.

You can always try whatever brand muffler you want and weld in a J Pipe to kill the drone.
Stainless Works 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers
Corsa Exhaust
Agent WD-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #11
Agent WD-40

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
1400 for a catback. man i miss the Camaro aftermarket.
What do you have now that makes this look good in comparison?
Stainless Works 1 7/8" Long Tube Headers
Corsa Exhaust
Agent WD-40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #12
Regio_42
Ready...Set...Gone.....

Drives: 10' Camaro SS/RS "Stacy"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent WD-40 View Post
If you want a system that doesn't drone out of the box it seems like just about everybody will agree Corsa and Solo with J Pipes are the best bet. There are lots of other opinions on other brands that some people say done and others say don't.

You can always try whatever brand muffler you want and weld in a J Pipe to kill the drone.
^^^ This get any brand muffler and talk to the guys at Solo to sell you only the J-pipes to eliminate the drone.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #13
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Magnaflow has a system that will not drone, but regardless no exhaust is going to sound good with AFM. We recommend tuning it out, or give the Range devise a try.

If you have any questions on Magnaflow, feel free to call, PM or email me anytime! We have a few promo's going that could save you some cash.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 01:29 PM   #14
45th4ken

Drives: 45th Anniversary
I was qouted 1500 by a local shop in the Thousand Oaks area. I politely said thank you and hung up the phone. I believe that system can be had for 1100-1199. For those not wanting to re-program and have autos it is a good way to go. I know I will be heading down that road soon enough.
45th4ken is offline   Reply With Quote