Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #113
3 SS's

Drives: Chevelle SS's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
If you seriously want to discuss this go right ahead, but I can guarrantee you it won't last to long.
If it is an issue....(I hope it's not) ....but with a car with a vin in the high 8k range that still shows this problem ,it may still be unresolved and should be allowed to be brought to peoples attention, that's all.
thank you
Old 05-16-2009, 06:09 PM   #114
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
you need to make sure that you take a real good look at the body panels.

Some of these colors look differently with different shading and lighting conditions especially IOM.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:10 PM   #115
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
again glad I didnt get one of the first ones. Probably has to do with the different material and how it absorbed the paint. As for bankruptcy and not getting cars, get out of here. My dad works for a dealer and has heard nothing of the sort. Ch 11 is not liquidation. So dont start scare tatics.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #116
fireresq157

Drives: 1997 SS & 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
you need to make sure that you take a real good look at the body panels.

Some of these colors look differently with different shading and lighting conditions especially IOM.
I've seen it in person in several cars there is an issue. Respectfully please stop saying that were some panels might be slightly off that may be the case. In person some of these are completely off, and not even close to my standards. I'm a fan of GM as much as anyone else here. I'm 35 and have owned 5 GM vehicles including 3 Camaros. They don't need our loyalty right now to improve quality. If I find this unacceptable what will the guy that buys BMW's, Hondas, ect say. All these people that would never cross shop for a Camaro are doing so. Most of those will be lost sales, especially knowing these bumpers tend to fade further with time. Here's a photo I edited that I took showing the difference. This is exactly how it appears in real life minus the editing of course. As far as the different materials go why do other manufacturers have the process mostly down Vs GM.
Attached Images

Old 05-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #117
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Glad I'm gettling black.

Kinda hard to mess up black, ain't it?
Old 05-16-2009, 06:31 PM   #118
FNKNSTN
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
I've seen it in person in several cars there is an issue. Respectfully please stop saying that were some panels might be slightly off that may be the case. In person some of these are completely off, and not even close to my standards. I'm a fan of GM as much as anyone else here. I'm 35 and have owned 5 GM vehicles including 3 Camaros. They don't need our loyalty right now to improve quality. If I find this unacceptable what will the guy that buys BMW's, Hondas, ect say. All these people that would never cross shop for a Camaro are doing so all those will be lost sales. Heres a photo I edited that I took showing the difference.
I bet I could take 20 different photos of a red or orange Camaro... all photos of the same driver's side fender... and the color would look different in each photo from all angles.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:37 PM   #119
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
i would have to agree with different angles and such. because I have a TA with blue mettalic paint and I look at it one way and seems to be different then look another and it matches. So maybe it just the light angles. I would think GM QC would catch something as blatent as this
Old 05-16-2009, 06:39 PM   #120
fireresq157

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNKNSTN View Post
I bet I could take 20 different photos of a red or orange Camaro... all photos of the same driver's side fender... and the color would look different in each photo from all angles.
I'll say this one last time it's not the photo. It may not be on every car but pleanty of them have this problem. We just had a member receive her IOM and she stated right away the bumper din't match look for the thread. BTW thats RJT in the picture. Why is it so hard to beleive other members that are raising a valid concern. I've been a car fan all my life and will tell you there is no perfect car or perfect paint job. I'm a down to earth guy that loves Camaros, my last silver one the front facia started fading after 3 years. So whats to happen with these bumpers that are lighter in color now. The Irony of life is all of us concerned out of luck will get the bad ones, and all those complacent members will get near perfect ones, selavi.

Last edited by fireresq157; 05-16-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:42 PM   #121
epd313

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
I would like to see the same view with different lighting...

we already know that this color is very different in different lighting.

try and snap one at the same angle without the flash.

... its odd that this pic comes from someone who makes fun of the camaro in his avatar and drives a mustang.
well i am waiting on my IOM 2SS and saw one in person the other day and i noticed the same thing. i thought i was seeing things, but now i know it is really a mis-match. my car is in QC, who knows, maybe they will catch that and fix it. area 51 may turn out to be a good thing for me after all
Old 05-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #122
zman302
DZ 302 4spd

Drives: 1969 Z/28
I'd just like to say that i can't belive all these people bashing GM for this little issue, i see cars of all makes that have had this problem, it is common to have alittle color difference between plastic and steel pieces. Give GM a break, they are trying to get cars built, they put them in QC hold to fix issues and everyone complains its taking too long(I know this first hand, My dads car was built 3/26 and still not here), they release a car with a minor issue and everyone complains about that too, they can't win. Atleast they are making the car we have waited for since 2002.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #123
FNKNSTN
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireresq157 View Post
I'll say this one last time it's not the photo. It may not be on every car but pleanty of them have this problem. We just had a member receive her IOM and she stated right away the bumper din't match look for the thread. BTW thats RJT in the picture. Why is it so hard to beleive other members that are raising a valid concern. I've been a car fan all my life and will tell you there is no perfect car or perfect paint job. I'm a down to earth guy that loves Camaros, my last silver one the front facia started fading after 3 years. So whats to happen with these bumpers that are lighter in color now. The Irony of life is all of us concerned out of luck will get the bad ones, and all those complacent members will get near perfect ones, selavi.
So do you think this happened because they painted a bare metal part, and a bare fiberglass/plastic part without using a special primer coat on it to ensure the colors matched?

I could see why that might happen if you were painting the ground effects... but this shouldn't be happening on the body of the car.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #124
Number_9

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Maybe I'm just picky, but I don't really care where in the process the issue occurs, it's inexcusable that someone would expect you to pay $35K for a car that is screwed up right from the get-go.
No doubt, this car should not have passed QC... that's what Quality Control is all about. Well, that's what quality control is supposed to be about! hahah.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:59 PM   #125
fireresq157

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNKNSTN View Post
So do you think this happened because they painted a bare metal part, and a bare fiberglass/plastic part without using a special primer coat on it to ensure the colors matched?

I could see why that might happen if you were painting the ground effects... but this shouldn't be happening on the body of the car.
I think its because they are painted at different locations and by different companies. Bumpers are supplier painted, anyhow anybody guesses is as good.
Old 05-17-2009, 01:52 AM   #126
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman302 View Post
I'd just like to say that i can't belive all these people bashing GM for this little issue, i see cars of all makes that have had this problem, it is common to have alittle color difference between plastic and steel pieces. Give GM a break, they are trying to get cars built, they put them in QC hold to fix issues and everyone complains its taking too long(I know this first hand, My dads car was built 3/26 and still not here), they release a car with a minor issue and everyone complains about that too, they can't win. Atleast they are making the car we have waited for since 2002.
If this bothers you, go get a Toyota. Oh wait, my grandma's Toyota has worse mismatched paint than anything we've seen here.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away

Closed Thread