Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 10-07-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Mrpringlez

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro 2LT
Headlight Tint Overlay

Hello I'm planning on purchasing the tint overlays for the front headlights and foglights... Quick question if I get the darker 25 percent tint will enough light shine thru the headlights to see at night ? I have regular headlights not HID (I plan on upgrading to HID soon) just want to know If I will be able to see at night with the darker tint if not I am going to get the lighter 35 percent tint... Any help would be appreciated thanks !
Mrpringlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
I have the 'light smoke' tints from Headlight armor and NO issues at night driving. Cannot even tell they are tinted with the lights on. This is actually my car on their website with the 'light smoke' tint.
http://www.headlightarmor.com/10-13-...ion-kit-2.aspx
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
Mrpringlez

Thanks
Old 10-10-2012, 09:11 AM   #4
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpringlez View Post
Hello I'm planning on purchasing the tint overlays for the front headlights and foglights... Quick question if I get the darker 25 percent tint will enough light shine thru the headlights to see at night ? I have regular headlights not HID (I plan on upgrading to HID soon) just want to know If I will be able to see at night with the darker tint if not I am going to get the lighter 35 percent tint... Any help would be appreciated thanks !
I would be skeptical of tint level claims as none we have tested were near what was claimed - more on out site here

From your description the darkest one is going to block most of the light. For us, our darkest material (20%) is not intended to be used on the headlights at night, it is aimed at the track / how car market. Do people use them at night? I am sure they do. Eack week I see somebody driving aroud the Dallas area at night without headlights on... all on newer cars that automatically turn the dash lights on. I guess people see lights on the dash and assume the headlights are on.... so much other light from street lights and what not that they cant tell the lights are on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I have the 'light smoke' tints from Headlight armor and NO issues at night driving. Cannot even tell they are tinted with the lights on. This is actually my car on their website with the 'light smoke' tint.
http://www.headlightarmor.com/10-13-...ion-kit-2.aspx
thanks for the feedback!

We have a lot more information on the materials in our vendor thread here

Hope that helps.
HeadlightArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor View Post
thanks for the feedback!

We have a lot more information on the materials in our vendor thread here

Hope that helps.
I noticed on the site you have armor for the new Sonic, I have one of those too. I am going to have to add some "armor" on that vehicle also. The little Sonic needs protection too.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:32 AM   #6
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
I have the darkest at 12% and its still very bright. You shouldnt have any issues.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
HeadlightArmor

Drives: Company Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
I noticed on the site you have armor for the new Sonic, I have one of those too. I am going to have to add some "armor" on that vehicle also. The little Sonic needs protection too.
Just added an install video - the Sonic is the test vehicle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
I have the darkest at 12% and its still very bright. You shouldnt have any issues.
Case in point with some of the claims out there. 12% is either nearly clear, or blocks 88% of the light. Maybe it is a 'seems like' measurment? Notsure but glad you can see where you are going.
HeadlightArmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #8
Mrpringlez

Thanks for all the help !
Old 10-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #9
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlightArmor View Post
Just added an install video - the Sonic is the test vehicle!

Case in point with some of the claims out there. 12% is either nearly clear, or blocks 88% of the light. Maybe it is a 'seems like' measurment? Notsure but glad you can see where you are going.
12% sold thru bigwormgraphix.com. is the darkest they offer. Ive seen it where the higher % the darker but they go the opposite. Just like window tint.

Lights on

Lights off & 12% side markers

Rear