Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 09-29-2012, 06:05 AM   #1
1hotchevy
Scottish Knight

Drives: RS/2SS 6 speed manual
Washington State transplant

Im hoping to secure a job in charlston! and have been lookin at your threads here and it looks like your all as active as we are here in the PNW, i love cars and love doing car shows and just plain show and shines! cruises are great, and as i have never been that far east and south im looking forward to getting together with all of you and seeing some of the beautiful countryside there. Is there anything i should be aware of, heard rumers that there are many toll roads is that true? we dont typiclly have any here we do have a few bridges that are toll but there arent very many of them. im also a Harley davidson Rider and am looking forward to the many days of sunshine and warmth! So i hope to meet many of you!

Another question is what would be the nearest Gen5 club? also the best dealership to have working on my car?
Old 10-02-2012, 06:57 AM   #2
1hotchevy
Scottish Knight

Cool

Nobody talkin to me eh...hmmmm
i DO brew my own BEER....does that help!!
Old 10-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #3
1hotchevy
Scottish Knight

WOW, not one response eh, are the folks in the pacwest more friendly? i hope not!

Old 10-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
jimbumbee

Drives: 2019 Shock 1LE.
welcome to charleston..

welcome to charleston....i use rick hendrick's chevrolet, but there are other chevy dealers in town...i belong to 5th gen camaro club of carolinas. they are based in and around charlotte n.c...there is also a club in savannah, ga....maybe we need to start one..there is a muscle car club in charleston...there are lots of car shows, both big and small...let me know if you have any more questions....been in charleston a long time.
jimbumbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:58 AM   #5
1hotchevy
Scottish Knight

Thank You!

Thank you, good to hear from someone down there, we are looking forward to moving there, i understand the humidity can play heck with ya, but i think with all the sunshine and mild temps most of the yeard i can learn to live with it! how does the salt air and humidity effect your car?
Its starting to cool off here at nite down into the upper 30's starting to see frost now, sunny days but cold nites, cars run great in that nice coool air! looking forward to meeting some Gen 5 folks in carolina.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #6
jimbumbee

Drives: 2019 Shock 1LE.
looking forward to meeting you.....

our humidity is pretty bad from mid june to end of sept....as far as the salt air, don't really notice it unless you live on the beach...we're 90 miles from myrtle beach, 90 miles from savannah and about 3-4 hours from the mountains...i'm sure y'all will like it here...if you need anything done here in charleston before you move, let me know...i'll be glad to help you out..jim.
jimbumbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 06:58 AM   #7
1hotchevy
Scottish Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbumbee View Post
our humidity is pretty bad from mid june to end of sept....as far as the salt air, don't really notice it unless you live on the beach...we're 90 miles from myrtle beach, 90 miles from savannah and about 3-4 hours from the mountains...i'm sure y'all will like it here...if you need anything done here in charleston before you move, let me know...i'll be glad to help you out..jim.
Thank you, i may need some by the time im ready to actually move!
I have several apps in for jobs i actually work for Boeing and would be transfering to SC for work. my wife and i have never been that far east or south so it will be alot different then here in the PNW.

we are looking forward to the move and hope to meet alot of nice folks there as we will be leaving ourr families behind.

i do so look forward to all the NASCAR...woot! and car realted activities as well as the biker stuff as i also ride a Harley!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #8
Oneflyenyceguy
Hmm...Something Clever

Drives: Blac on Blaq on Blak 2012 Camaro LS
Hey man nice ride. I transplanted from Brooklyn NY. I haven't come across a toll road in the 2 years I've been here. Weather is straight, money could be better but rent is WAY cheaper. Wish there was a Camaro Club in Charleston

Adjustments: 20% tint all around, Emblem Pros Dash plaque, Rockford Fosgate P-300/12
Oneflyenyceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:53 AM   #9
1hotchevy
Scottish Knight

atleast there is a car club, im sure they wont mind us joining them!
by the way thanks, she is great, always get great comments on her everywhere i go.
as always they are always "in work".