Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-14-2012, 12:13 PM   #15
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Oh sir, forgive me. Please post your mobile number here in the thread so I and other C5 members can call you for editorial assistance before we post.
You are forgiven....
Old 02-14-2012, 03:28 PM   #16
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
I think the issue may be that there is no bolt in that threaded hole to do the actual adjustment, unless they added them to the later models. There is a bolt in the rear of the car that will work but I forget which one. Pete posted the thread dimensions so they should be good to go.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #17
yungd83

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2
Anyone know where I can get the screw/bolt from
yungd83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:26 PM   #18
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungd83 View Post
I got a pair of hardened ones from Star Bolt here in Arkansas. Any place that sells bolts should have them. Just note the size and pitch from the reply above and you'll be good to go. Make sure you don't get them too long either.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:37 PM   #19
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungd83 View Post
You can order them from Pedders 248.522.8021 or find a local source for a 10mm 1.5 pitch screw.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #20
ICTsccaCamaro
ITCRNRS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Is everyone leaving the adjuster bolt/screw in the knucle after the alignment or are you pulling them back out after you are done? I just aligned ours and it was a pain keeping the camber setting in while i was tightening the bolts this would have helped alot, but just wondering if one set of bolts/screws would work or if i need a set per car?
Old 09-26-2012, 09:58 AM   #21
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
Is everyone leaving the adjuster bolt/screw in the knucle after the alignment or are you pulling them back out after you are done? I just aligned ours and it was a pain keeping the camber setting in while i was tightening the bolts this would have helped alot, but just wondering if one set of bolts/screws would work or if i need a set per car?
The Pontiac GTO and G8 used the same camber adjustment system and came with the camber screws installed from the factory. I would leave the screws in so they are there when needed.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #22
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
I have the Hotchkis Track Pack which includes their lowering springs. When I had my car in for an alignment at the Chevy dealer, he said he couldn't get the camber right and was going to have to drill out the mount. Ended up that he could not get my wheels off since the key I have for the lugs was misplaced so he did not do any drilling. In the end, he said that he got it right (I'm doubtful since I didn't get a printout showing the final specs in green).

I guess my question is should I expect camber issues with these drop springs on the stock struts that can't be adjusted? I have noticed my inner front tires wearing more than the outside.

Thanks for any help.
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!!

2014 CTS-V Sedan, Black/Black, Auto, Recaros, Ultra-view, Red Brembos. Stock
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #23
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfansince73 View Post
I have the Hotchkis Track Pack which includes their lowering springs. When I had my car in for an alignment at the Chevy dealer, he said he couldn't get the camber right and was going to have to drill out the mount. Ended up that he could not get my wheels off since the key I have for the lugs was misplaced so he did not do any drilling. In the end, he said that he got it right (I'm doubtful since I didn't get a printout showing the final specs in green).

I guess my question is should I expect camber issues with these drop springs on the stock struts that can't be adjusted? I have noticed my inner front tires wearing more than the outside.

Thanks for any help.
1. With lowering coils, your Camaro can be aligned with the range specified by the factory.

2. With a tech that says I have to grind, but I couldn't and your alignment just magically fell into place and we don't have a print out so we don't know what the specs are your only option is to get a real alignment.

3. Print out the alignment information a couple of posts above, go back to the same shop, review it with them and ask them to do this one on their dime or find a new dealer and start from scratch.

4. The only limitation on alignment with a lowered Camaro compared to a factory height Camaro is rear camber. The lower you go the higher the negative rear camber will become. This is a priority with wider than stock rear wheels or to optimize handling or drag launches, Th fix is simple. Replaces the factory camber eccentrics with Justice Pete Signature Series Rear Camber bolts that have an additional 1 degree of adjustment. Part Number HW-CAM8-R-CAM-ADJ
Old 09-30-2013, 11:14 AM   #24
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
Use lots of loctite when you leave them in. Some goober tech left the bolts in loose and I didn't notice right away. I could only imagine the suck factor of my day if it flew out and jammed in the rotor/caliper or clipped a brake line as I stomped on the brakes at the end of a straight. One was 3 turns from out when I noticed the rattle.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #25
carfansince73

Quote:
1. With lowering coils, your Camaro can be aligned with the range specified by the factory.

2. With a tech that says I have to grind, but I couldn't and your alignment just magically fell into place and we don't have a print out so we don't know what the specs are your only option is to get a real alignment.

3. Print out the alignment information a couple of posts above, go back to the same shop, review it with them and ask them to do this one on their dime or find a new dealer and start from scratch.

4. The only limitation on alignment with a lowered Camaro compared to a factory height Camaro is rear camber. The lower you go the higher the negative rear camber will become. This is a priority with wider than stock rear wheels or to optimize handling or drag launches, Th fix is simple. Replaces the factory camber eccentrics with Justice Pete Signature Series Rear Camber bolts that have an additional 1 degree of adjustment. Part Number HW-CAM8-R-CAM-ADJ
Thanks! I just love this website.
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq

Old 09-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #26
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Use lots of loctite when you leave them in. Some goober tech left the bolts in loose and I didn't notice right away. I could only imagine the suck factor of my day if it flew out and jammed in the rotor/caliper or clipped a brake line as I stomped on the brakes at the end of a straight. One was 3 turns from out when I noticed the rattle.
Hey that is my technical term!

Goober up the threads for the camber screw with Loctite.

We like to leave them in goobered up with Loctite so they are there for your next alignment.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:40 PM   #27
Synner

Drives: cars
Well I get threatened with banishment when I use my uncensored terms for the intelligence challenged. So i went with goober.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:41 PM   #28
carfansince73

Quote:
Are these the specs they should be shooting for with 275's up front and 315's in the back? This was a reply "from the sticky alignment thread" to an owner with the same Hotchkis shocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Info@PeddersUSA.com View Post
I totally understand!

This is what I would do:

Front.
Camber to -1.0 each
toe to .1 degrees toe out each wheel

Rear
Camber, get the least amount of negative Camber as possible
Toe, toe in .05 degrees each wheel

Hope this helps and drive safe.

mike
dms