Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 12-04-2008, 09:00 AM   #1
babyjulie83
driving! Thanks GM !!!

Drives: 2SS Camaro in ABM!!!
i'm about to pull my hair out!

Is anyone else having a very hard time deciding what color camaro they want? I intially wanted the aqua blue metallic but when I preordered it wasn't available so I ordered victory red. Since that time I have changed my order to black. Still in the back of my mind I think that I want victory red or one of the blues that is offered. My dealer is probably sick of me because I keep changing my color.

Is anyone else having this hard of a time? I think the only way I could be 100% sure of my color choice is if I had the camaro's lined up in front of me in all the available color choices.

geeze......

Everything is better in a Camaro.......puts a smile on my face everyday.....
babyjulie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:09 AM   #2
BLACK67

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to BLACK67
You are not the only one, I have gone through the same thing. The dealer is there to work for you and to please you. It may be a pain for them but its only data entry. Its not like they have to whip up a new batch.
BLACK67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #3
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Ha, I'm still waiting to see a color on the car. The car looks good in almost every single color combo. I want CGM or black, i have also had Victory red w/black stripes in the back of my mind, White or black w/opposite color stripes. There is one color not on my mind and sadly its yellow, GM didn't get me the right color there. I;m reallly hoping that the cyber grey isn't too dark for me to put stripes on it, but from photoshops it looks like it will stray too far away from my avatar, I fear the day i see CGM and it just is not the color i'm looking for.
Old 12-04-2008, 09:14 AM   #4
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
buy two.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:22 AM   #5
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I was in the same boat, but I am decided 100% now.

All of the colors on the Camaro palatte are great.

My advice, go out to a few Chevy dealers and look around, every color available on the Camaro can be found on different models on the lots.

Imperial Blue - Cobalt, Malibu, Impala, etc.
Inferno Orange - Colorado or Pontiac solstice
Cyber Grey - Corvette or Traverse
Aqua Blue - HHR
Black - Corvette and many others I'm sure
Victory Red - Corvette and Cobalt I believe
Rally Yellow - Corvette and Cobalt i believe
Red Jewel Tint - Malibu I believe
Summit White - HHR
Silver Ice - Cobalt

Note: Those are not the only models the colors are available on, just the few I know off the top of my head. Just go and look at some window stickers

Most importantly, take your time. You don't need to change your order right away, you have until mid to late January at the soonest.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Tantalizer43; 12-04-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Tantalizer43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 09:32 AM   #6
99b4c

Drives: 89 RS/99 GTP/1SS soon
I have white, yellow and Aqua blue on my list, just waiting to see them on a Camaro in person.
99b4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:08 AM   #7
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
buy two.
No, you aren't a salesman are you....

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:10 AM   #8
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
No, you aren't a salesman are you....

LOL, I wish i had the budget for two, I would have an SS and an RS.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:18 AM   #9
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by babyjulie83 View Post

Is anyone else having this hard of a time? I think the only way I could be 100% sure of my color choice is if I had the camaro's lined up in front of me in all the available color choices.

geeze......

I'm sure you've already seen this thread.

Maybe it will help a little.

Real paint on real Camaros - Color options - 8 of 10 so far
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:19 AM   #10
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
i had a hard time picking a color at first. then i went through and decided that BLACK is too hard to keep clean. IBM is almost as dark as black. i don't want a flashy attention-getting color (so as to not have every cop on the lookout for me), so that rules out RED, RJT (darker than red but still bright), YELLOW, and IOM. the WHITE looks pretty flat and plain. i like SILVER, but after seeing it on a hhr, it looked too plain. i'm gonna have to see AQUA on the camaro in person, cause on the hhr, it looks alright, but maybe too bright for my taste. that leaves CYBER, which on the traverse i saw, looks awesome. the verdict: CYBER GRAY
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:40 AM   #11
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
i don't want a flashy attention-getting color (so as to not have every cop on the lookout for me), so that rules out RED, RJT (darker than red but still bright), YELLOW, and IOM.
Arg I really wish people will get this stupid stereotype out of their head. It just IS NOT true. Hey at least that means that there will be less Rally Yellow Camaros out there thanks to so many people believing this.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:43 AM   #12
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
i had a hard time picking a color at first. then i went through and decided that BLACK is too hard to keep clean. IBM is almost as dark as black. i don't want a flashy attention-getting color (so as to not have every cop on the lookout for me), so that rules out RED, RJT (darker than red but still bright), YELLOW, and IOM. the WHITE looks pretty flat and plain. i like SILVER, but after seeing it on a hhr, it looked too plain. i'm gonna have to see AQUA on the camaro in person, cause on the hhr, it looks alright, but maybe too bright for my taste. that leaves CYBER, which on the traverse i saw, looks awesome. the verdict: CYBER GRAY
I swear to you it is a myth, and cops couldn't care less what color of car you drive! Ask Tag, If your speeding, then your speeding, just cause your car is red makes noo difference.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:46 AM   #13
ZombieEatsYou

Drives: "Bmblbee" 2010 RY 2SS/RS. VIN 12043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Arg I really wish people will get this stupid stereotype out of their head. It just IS NOT true. Hey at least that means that there will be less Rally Yellow Camaros out there thanks to so many people believing this.
ditto. Several of our LE friends have said that peeling out in cloud of smoke was the head turner for them, not car color.
ZombieEatsYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 10:49 AM   #14
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Red is actually one of the best looking colors that i think is the easiest to keep clean. Please don't rule it out just because you think that cops will pay more attention. I'm seriously considering red with black stripes. My last camaro was colored "arrest me red" (that's actually what the color was called) The cops in my town followed me all the time, but not because my car was red, but because i was driving one of the fastest cars in town. Everybody that drove a camaro, mustang, or anything else fast was harassed by the police in this town, not just me. Their colors mattered not.