Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 04-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
Ryder11

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT/RS
Going to Big Worm today....need some opinions

I’m going to Big Worm today to get all my lights tinted and also my emblem overlays. Need opinions please.

I have a Black LT/RS and im unsure of two things.

First off are my headlights. I want the darkest tint available on all the other lights but Im unsure of my headlights. Does anyone think it will affect my night time vision that much? I understand it reduce it so much based on each tint but If I choose the darkest does anyone think it will make that huge of a difference. It looks awesome during the day and I also like that I have some protectant on my headlights which was one of the main reasons that I got the RS package. The headlight housing is black anyways but when the whole front end is tinted it gives it a different effect.

Second thing are my bowties. I have three options, gloss black, gloss black red outline (blue outline if its offered but will have to ask), and matte black. Im going to plasti dip my rims soon so it will have the flat look and I think the bowties will compliment. The reason im thinking outline in red or blue is because while I have the wheels off to plastidip im going to go ahead and paint my calipers.

Help please!

Ill have pics later when I get home and get her all washed up. Its going to rain tonight but who cares.
Ryder11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
kbeast

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6
I have the smoke tint from headlight armor on my headlights, and it does reduce the brightness but not enough to hamper you from being able to see at night. However, with the darkest tint available it will probably hamper the visibility even more maybe causing problems. I would go with the darkest everywhere else but the headlight and just use a medium tint there. As for the bowties i would get them to match the color of your rims, i think they would compliment eachother quite nicely.
kbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 11:52 AM   #3
Gavros 4 Life

Drives: 2SS/RS Summit White Black Stripes
i have the darkest one and it definitely cuts it by half i would recommend the lighter one right before it
Gavros 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
I have the GTS headlight covers and occasionally leave them on at night. i also have my windshield tinted with 40% all the way down. I can drive ok enough but it definitely cuts down on the vision of the HID lights. I have the easy option of pulling the covers off. personally i am happy with the route i went with because it is more versatile. the covers were only 70 bucks i think
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #5
Ryder11

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT/RS
any pics with halos on?
Ryder11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
I understand looks over function...

but not on headlights. I want all the light I can get out in front of me. Tinted headlights to me, anyway, are foolish at best and dangerous at the worst.
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 01:31 PM   #7
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryder11 View Post
any pics with halos on?
No I will try and take some for future use. they are visible at night or evening/ dusk
Old 04-15-2011, 06:38 AM   #8
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

light covers on with just halos
Attached Images