Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Thoughts regarding Camaro

I'll limit my time on my "soap box" and keep this as short as possible.

In light of the Camaro finally rolling off the assmebly line, and the excitement resulting from our beloved car arriving at dealers and in peoples driveways, the level of excitement has increased tenfold.

I ask the we all keep in mind the following;

- Scott, John, Cheryl, and many folks at GM have done a tremendous job in bringing us the Camaro. And the access we've been granted is unprecendented. We all need to remember that and be thankful.

- There is MUCH we don't know, and/or realize, in what it takes in bringing an entirely new car to market in such short order. While we all are very excited to see the Camaro's arrival, let's take some time to realize the time and effort required, and not so quick to judge, complain, bash, or criticize over an item we may feel isn't "up to par". The "perfect car" has not been, nor will it ever be, created.

- Finally, respect Scott, John, Cheryl, and GM for the efforts they are making. Respect each other.

Times are very exciting right now. Lets keep our passion, and a clear mind as well.

Thank You

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:45 PM   #2
destroyer4

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2006 PT Conv.
Send a message via AIM to destroyer4
Amen. Well said....
6000, Delivered to the customer
7/7/09
destroyer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:48 PM   #3
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28

+ INFINITY
Thanks to all you guys including the Mods & Admins.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
i couldn't agree more!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:51 PM   #5
cam2fst4u

Drives: 08 SS trailblazer,08 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to cam2fst4u
cam2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #6
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post

In light of the Camaro finally rolling off the assmebly line, and the excitement resulting from our beloved car arriving at dealers and in peoples driveways, the level of excitement has increased tenfold.

- Scott, John, Cheryl, and many folks at GM have done a tremendous job in bringing us the Camaro. And the access we've been granted is unprecendented. We all need to remember that and be thankful.

- There is MUCH we don't know, and/or realize, in what it takes in bringing an entirely new car to market in such short order. While we all are very excited to see the Camaro's arrival, let's take some time to realize the time and effort required, and not so quick to judge, complain, bash, or criticize over an item we may feel isn't "up to par". The "perfect car" has not been, nor will it ever be, created.

- Finally, respect Scott, John, Cheryl, and GM for the efforts they are making. Respect each other.

Times are very exciting right now. Lets keep our passion, and a clear mind as well.

Thank You

Ed
Short order?! This car has been in the making for over four years! This car shouldn't be anything less than perfect. Four years in the making and we're just getting important details about the car now? Dealers still knew nothing about what was going on with the car; selling pre-orders on virtually no concrete information, making way for rumors and all sorts of misinformation. I think GM completely dropped the ball with this car but I want it regardless. Perhaps if those same kind people that allowed the mods here to check out the car in Oshawa, besides fbodfather who has been nothing short of brilliant, actually backed up claims made about this car and how it is really being handled, customers wouldn't be so pissed off. Another shining example is that one guy from the Oshawa plant saying something about a big announcement aside from production officially. Everybody speculated and nothing was ever officially stated. We're all still waiting....

The moderators here are absolutely awesome, but I bet it is even challenging for you guys and gals to defend GM when they constantly get everything but the car, wrong. I'm still shocked I got 8.1% financing on my Cobalt SS/SC when my credit rating was 820 and I put 15K down. How the hell does that happen?

If GM is doing such a superb job, why does this still happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
So when will we be seeing a camaro at a dealership? I have been reading a few days, weeks, May. What is it going to be?

If they haven't gone out yet, what where was the truck full of camaros I saw a week ago going? Just a confused camaro fan here...
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Short order?! This car has been in the making for over four years! This car shouldn't be anything less than perfect. Four years in the making and we're just getting important details about the car now? Dealers still knew nothing about what was going on with the car; selling pre-orders on virtually no concrete information, making way for rumors and all sorts of misinformation. I think GM completely dropped the ball with this car but I want it regardless. Perhaps if those same kind people that allowed the mods here to check out the car in Oshawa, besides fbodfather who has been nothing short of brilliant, actually backed up claims made about this car and how it is really being handled, customers wouldn't be so pissed off. Another shining example is that one guy from the Oshawa plant saying something about a big announcement aside from production officially. Everybody speculated and nothing was ever officially stated. We're all still waiting....
Cars normally take 4 years to go from 'alright, lets built it' until it finally arrives at dealerships. less than years is very quick. Also, Al Oppenheiser does not work in Oshawa and the 'special' announcement was the performance and fuel economy being released. Dealers have access to all the info we have and more. If they don't use it, how can you blame GM? If you weren't comfortable with the info that was given, nobody forced anyone to order.

It is posts like this that makes posts like the one Moose made necessary.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #8
GCY0627

Drives: 2007 Chevrolet Silverado
Again, well said. I'm still new here, but I'm really enjoying myself!
GCY0627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #9
DkknightX
Account Suspended

DG, if I treated you like crap, lied to you, cheated you, beat you to a bloody pulp within an inch of your life, took you to the hospital and then asked you to be my friend and forget the whole thing, would you?

This is exactly how I feel about the way GM has handled my last few car purchases, but for some reason I keep coming back for more; trying to be better prepared than the last so I don't get raked over the coals again and again.

I'm always going to be wrong and I'm not going to go to war with a moderator. You guys really do this website justice and it is truly amazing. For once I would just like to see one of you guys admit that there are problems in the system instead of asking for respect for them. I won't perpetuate this any longer. I said my peace.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #10
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
DG, if I treated you like crap, lied to you, cheated you, beat you to a bloody pulp within an inch of your life, took you to the hospital and then asked you to be my friend and forget the whole thing, would you?
This is exactly how I feel about the way GM has handled my last few car purchases, but for some reason I keep coming back for more; trying to be better prepared than the last so I don't get raked over the coals again and again.

I'm always going to be wrong and I'm not going to go to war with a moderator. You guys really do this website justice and it is truly amazing. For once I would just like to see one of you guys admit that there are problems in the system instead of asking for respect for them.
Wow....that bad? A little bit over-exaggerated maybe?
Old 03-22-2009, 11:17 PM   #11
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Well, not that bad, but the principle is the same. I feel seriously let down, that was the point I was trying to make. :(

I love Chevy and will never buy an import. The business end of GM is just so bad that it can't be ignored regardless of all the love I have for their vehicles.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:27 PM   #12
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Quote:
Well, not that bad, but the principle is the same. I feel seriously let down, that was the point I was trying to make. :(

I love Chevy and will never buy an import. The business end of GM is just so bad that it can't be ignored.
and yet youre using a forum run by fans of the camaro to voice your frustration about GM, something none of us (including Fbodfather) can do anything about. then you have taken a thread which was specifically created to ask for respect for everyone and you have decided to turn it into a chance for you to voice your frustration over how you think things should be run. Im/we are all sorry the way you have been treated but this thread is NOT the appropriate place to bring that up.

that said great thread moose i give it my approval
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:33 PM   #13
DkknightX
Account Suspended

If this is an inappropriate place to voice displeasurement, please, by all means remove or move this post to somewhere appropriate. I will not post anything else on this thread regarding my frustration with GM.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #14
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Alright, lets move on then. Thanks

Thoughts regarding Camaro

Thank You
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote