Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-14-2013, 11:17 PM   #15
EarlyApex

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS 1LE
Here is a link to a O2 simulator that splices into the rear O2 wiring harness.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-Mi...dc027d&vxp=mtr

Two are required for the Camaro but not too expensive at $20 ea.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:19 PM   #16
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
It leaves a footprint. But idk what kind. My particular dealer said as long as it's factory when they get it. It's ok. Like I said it's per dealer what they'll allow

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:21 PM   #17
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
Difference is. You can't keep a dyno machine in your glove box and revert your ecu to factory at any time.
You can save you stock tune to a handheld, you can also save a dyno tune on a handheld. It's just a file.

I get yr point though, that why you pay for a dyno and a handheld to store it on. But people have done crazier things
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 11:24 PM   #18
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
But do the codes reveal that you've tuned it?
The codes aren't what tells them its tuned. A proper tune and you wouldn't ever have codes unless you had a real issue. It's the ecu that would show a record of data change. If you have an issue, the first thing a tech is going to do is plug io the ecu to see what it's reading in regards to any issue. When they do this they'll see you've changed settings away from stock
Old 11-15-2013, 06:34 AM   #19
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
I was reading somewhere that the GM LS9 cam from the ZR1 could add about 20hp to the LS3 with no tune.
Is it not true? Will it fry your motor?
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 06:53 AM   #20
knitetrain05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary Edi
http://www.chevrolet.com/performance/camaro-parts.html
knitetrain05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:24 AM   #21
AGM 1LE

Drives: 14 SS/ 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
The codes aren't what tells them its tuned. A proper tune and you wouldn't ever have codes unless you had a real issue. It's the ecu that would show a record of data change. If you have an issue, the first thing a tech is going to do is plug io the ecu to see what it's reading in regards to any issue. When they do this they'll see you've changed settings away from stock
I bet that it changes a 0 to a 1 in there somewhere and thats how they can tell it has been flashed even if it is back to a stock tune. I imagine that the guy at the dealer is saying that as long as it has a stock tune when he takes it in its fine but GM isnt cool with that
AGM 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #22
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
Put in a cam and you can kiss every part of your warranty goodbye

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #23
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I put JBA shorties on my 2011 1LTRS/RS and made absolutely no difference what so ever.I was told until you change(tune)settings the computer will still only deliver the stock(fuel/air) settings.So how are these V8 getting extra power,wouldn't it be the same issue?
Old 11-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #24
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
No tune here yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
wyndham...I'd love to hear your opinion on intake and headers with no tune?....

I was under the impression a tune is highly highly reccomended in this case. Wouldnt the headers cause CEL's? but I would love to be educated
It is my understanding there is a flash counter in the ECU that cannot be touched with a tune. If the counter count is not accounted for in the cars GM service records, then officially your power train warranty is bye-bye. But of course some dealers are cool about it, some are not.

I run LTS, high flow cats, and no tune. I also did this on my '11 SS. Yes I get some CELs, no big deal. I read them and turn them off.

A tune on LS3s is good for 5-15 HP depending on who you ask, can remove torque management and skip shift function, give you cooler fan management, let the engine ignore the rear O2 sensor (preventing CELs),and offer a few other tweaks like an increased RPM limit. Although I am told if you do that last one, you should upgrade the valve gear if you red-line often.

As to power my 1LE runs over 114 in the quarter with no tune. So as it sits if I get skinnies, better DRs, and better at launching, 11s are possible without a tune. Although I do not think anyone has done that yet.

But also know that dealers may give you a hard time about LTs tuned or not. You can get 50-75% of the power LTs give you just by getting stock cat hi flow replacements. Solo says no CELs. Not sure if they guarantee it though. You can also get shorties and some Camaro owners love them. But most of the dynos show they are not worth many, if any more HP than stock. There is a weight savings though and they look cool.

If warranty is a big concern I would say stay away from long tubes. Just about everyone who has LTs also has a tune if that tells you anything. I guess I'm a rebel. The biggest problem with LTs is they push the rear O2 sensor too far back in the exhaust system and render them useless.

This topic is covered extensively in the bolt-ons section.
Old 11-15-2013, 08:02 PM   #25
PhiLE1

Drives: 2013 BLK 2SS 1LE
My understanding is GM says you can can do anything you want on the exhaust side & anything you do on the intake side including a tune will void your engine warranty. When a dealer hooks to your computer it goes directly to GM, your dealer doesn't have the ability overlook certain upgrades that throw bad codes to GM
PhiLE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:22 PM   #26
mcynet

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiLE1 View Post
My understanding is GM says you can can do anything you want on the exhaust side & anything you do on the intake side including a tune will void your engine warranty. When a dealer hooks to your computer it goes directly to GM, your dealer doesn't have the ability overlook certain upgrades that throw bad codes to GM
Does That include a cold air intake?
mcynet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:35 PM   #27
PhiLE1

Drives: 2013 BLK 2SS 1LE
I don't think the codes will show that unless you change the mass flow sensor
PhiLE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #28
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhiLE1 View Post
the reading is synced to a system, but very few are reviewed by gm. so they can overlook stuff. but its you thats rolling the dice.