Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-08-2012, 11:25 PM   #1
khalsa013

Drives: 2ss & ZL1
Send a message via AIM to khalsa013 Send a message via Yahoo to khalsa013 Send a message via Skype™ to khalsa013
exuast q's?

so im getting borla atak installed on my 2ss m6 and i was wondering what kind of headers would i need like what size and do i need midpipes or cats? do i need to install aftermarket ones? what do high flow cats actually do?
khalsa013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:48 AM   #2
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
As you may know, but putting headers on your camaro will require a tune afterwards which will void your warranty so just think about what you want to do. As for me, I am waiting till my warranty is up before putting headers on. However, headers usually come in 1 3/4, 1 7/8, and then 2 inch systems. If you plan on pushing some serious power then go with the 2 inch, but if you're doing some light moding then I would go with 1 7/8. I was asking these same questions before and it seems like most people say that 1 7/8 is probably the best all around. American Racing Headers, Stainless Works, and Kooks seems to be popular brands. As far as mid pipes and HF cats, I am not knowledgeable on that so I will let someone else speak up.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:05 AM   #3
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2015 ZL1
As far as headers go, with this car there are a lot of options, which is cool. Prices range all over the place, so do your research and find a brand that works best for you. 1-7/8 is pretty much the best all around size. Most headers companies offer either high flow catted connection pipes or cat delete connection pipes. Cat delete pipes will be cheaper but you'll have to live with the exhaust/gas smell these cars produce. Catted connection pipes are more money but they will help ALOT in reducing that smell.
Good luck!
Matt
ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:16 AM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I like the Borla but don't get Borla headers. They only have them with 1 3/4 primaries. I made that mistake.

It hasn't hurt me but if I go any further power wise I might need to get bigger ones.
Old 01-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #5
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalsa013 View Post
so im getting borla atak installed on my 2ss m6 and i was wondering what kind of headers would i need like what size and do i need midpipes or cats? do i need to install aftermarket ones? what do high flow cats actually do?
We carry and highly recommend ARH or Stainless Works 1 7/8" systems with high flow cats. They are both extremely high quality and produce nice power gains. Contact us for more info!
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote