Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-04-2009, 07:29 AM   #1
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
Second Pre-Delivery Glitch

As most know my son's ABM SS finally arrived at our dealer this past Monday at 8:15 am. We thought it would be a simple matter of getting the recall done (30 minutes) prepping the car and doing the paper work.

That was not to be, dealer didn't have all the parts so that delayed delivery to this past Tues. Tues afternoon I stop by the dealer to check on the car and that's when I saw the drivers air bag removed. Turns out the car threw a SERVICE AIR BAG message and the fix (according to GM) was to install a new AB. So that had to be FedEx’d. Yesterday afternoon the dealer calls to say the recall was done (part of it was done at the factory but not all of it) and the air bag has been replaced. Then he says the found ANOTHER issue. Seems the speedometer is malfunctioning. Not reading correctly or returning to ZERO when stopped and PEGGING when being driven. That's a show stopper according to GM so they are shipping a new Instrument Cluster to be installed. Dealer said this is another know issue and is receiving the full attention of some Customer Assurance Team VP who called personally to say he's in charge and is personally involved.

So they are hoping the new IC arrives today. I'm a patient man but this is starting to border on the ridiculous. I just hope the dealers tech can remove and install the new IC as good as the factory.

So my son’s brand new 2010 Camaro has been bitten by:

1. Battery cable recall
2. Faulty Air Bag
3. Faulty Instrument Cluster

Our saga continues and MORE to follow.
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:38 AM   #2
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Hi Tom,

Wow that's really something - I feel bad for you and especially for your Son..! Hopefully this is IT for problems with his new car.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:40 AM   #3
CamaroHutch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Dear lord! What else could go wrong? What is the VIN on this car?

2SS RS RJT

Delivery?? 5/27/09 #10630

AFTERMARKET:
Hurst STS
Borla ATAK Catback
CamaroHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:50 AM   #4
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
My Ambient lighting on the left door is not as promounced as the right. The light feathers out half way towards the top and looses the light tube appeal. There is a spec of something in the passenger door, which the dealership is going to wet sand and buff, and the tape around the door jam on passenger door has an air bubble in it.

The dealership is going to take care of it all, but it has required me to go to them 4 times so far. I am not sweating anything. They will resolve the issues. The ABL is my biggest issue right now. I really want that resolved.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:21 PM   #5
TomServo

Drives: 2007 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroHutch View Post
Dear lord! What else could go wrong? What is the VIN on this car?

Tom
TomServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Well at least the bag didn't pop on you lol.

Sounds minor. Was there a TSB on the airbag? (tech service bulletin).
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote