Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 01:45 AM   #337
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Any updates? I'm dying to hear your impressions on the IPF kit

Click Picture for Build Thread
Old 10-23-2012, 09:38 AM   #338
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Thanks for asking. 2 things. The wrong colored powder coat was sent. Finally found the right colored powder coat from a company out of Chicago. Also decided to go with aluminum charge pipes. Those came on Friday and the reinforced silicones were sent back. Just waiting on the powder coat now.

Well actually 3 things. Waiting for the missus to go to SoCal to sign court documents on her deceased father's estate. Her brother who was the executor passed away on Sept 5 and the whole process had to start all over. Orange County, CA court systems are notorious for the runaround. It's 400.00 every time you step in the courtroom. Their economy stinks so I guess they're being clever. So will install while she's in OC.

I am even more excited after seeing Sycraft's time slip. At some point I'm going to need a better clutch. Not going to worry about it until spring though.

That's where I'm at.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:42 AM   #339
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Thanks for asking. 2 things. The wrong colored powder coat was sent. Finally found the right colored powder coat from a company out of Chicago. Also decided to go with aluminum charge pipes. Those came on Friday and the reinforced silicones were sent back. Just waiting on the powder coat now.

Well actually 3 things. Waiting for the missus to go to SoCal to sign court documents on her deceased father's estate. Her brother who was the executor passed away on Sept 5 and the whole process had to start all over. Orange County, CA court systems are notorious for the runaround. It's 400.00 every time you step in the courtroom. Their economy stinks so I guess they're being clever. So will install while she's in OC.

I am even more excited after seeing Sycraft's time slip. At some point I'm going to need a better clutch. Not going to worry about it until spring though.

That's where I'm at.
Start saving now for a clutch, maybe Hendrick will have a Street Slayer for our V6 by then... If I abuse mine much more, I will be replacing soon, so for now I am enjoying the power it has. I may be limited in the future of wheel packages for drag radials, I am about to put on my Brembos, they have been waiting for me to install now for months....
Old 10-23-2012, 10:25 AM   #340
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
Start saving now for a clutch, maybe Hendrick will have a Street Slayer for our V6 by then... If I abuse mine much more, I will be replacing soon, so for now I am enjoying the power it has. I may be limited in the future of wheel packages for drag radials, I am about to put on my Brembos, they have been waiting for me to install now for months....
Yes, the Brembos. Want those. I don't have easy access to a track so the point of emphasis for my car is not going to be 1/4 mile. I'm sure with my rear suspension mods and decent shoes, it will easily be good for low 13's. my brother has a set of DR's if I wanna get more serious. I want a something that is fun to drive. These cars with their IRS rear ends were engineered to handle not be 1/4 mile slayers. Kinda like what Whiteside Customs was going for.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 10-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #341
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
I am thinking the same thing, thinking of switching gears and running track days.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #342
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
I am thinking the same thing, thinking of switching gears and running track days.
Yes!!!! Straight line to me is not as fun as running a road course. Also with a road course you get straight line and curves.. its a ++ in my book.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #343
mpiper

Drives: 2011 Black 1LT RS
Wow! I step away from the FI forum for a few weeks and suddenly you're on a totally different build and I have to back track and read several pages of posts to see what happened!

The parts look nice! Can't wait to see this fully installed and running. What's the latest estimate to get things coated and the install finished?
Old 10-27-2012, 01:27 AM   #344
SIXJAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiper View Post
Wow! I step away from the FI forum for a few weeks and suddenly you're on a totally different build and I have to back track and read several pages of posts to see what happened!

The parts look nice! Can't wait to see this fully installed and running. What's the latest estimate to get things coated and the install finished?
Yeah the other kit......uhhhhhhhh didn't work out. Sent it back for a refund in early Sept....still waiting for promised refund.

The IPF kit has 6 figures worth of R&D into the tune and the design and all of the parts are specifically designed to work together in their kit. It leaves a very small footprint on your OEM equipment. I would think this would be the best solution for those living in say California where you're very limited in what you can have on your car to pass a smog. Easy to install and uninstall.

At any rate the kit is ready to install, just waiting for the missus to go to Cali to sign court docs on her dad's estate. It's a fairly fluid situation but its looking like maybe next Friday or mid week the following week-probably just jinxed it lol. There's going to be a couple of unique details on this particular build. I'm excited to get this thing on my car.

If you want to know more, just PM me. There's a few of us making the switch.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:34 AM   #345
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6

Click Picture for Build Thread
Old 10-30-2012, 06:28 AM   #346
bambam72_1999

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Convertible
SIX what is the status of the IPF?

So did u ever get the IPF SC installed and if so, what r ur impressions of it and its performance? Have u had it back on the dyno? Can u answer how they dealt with the tuning issue and if it is dialed in? I do not know what all bolt ons u have on ur car, but can they adjust the tune for various bolt ons to get peak power from it? Did u go with the silicone tubing or I thought I read somewhere about "painted tubing" ? Is that a painted metal tubing or what? Or do u know? ANy help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. I tried to PM u but I see somehow u got suspended! Good going! LOL No free speech here apparently! LOL
Old 10-30-2012, 07:03 AM   #347
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Since Sixjak probably can't respond, let me say that the IPF kit is backed by EDS and has the ability to tune your camaro with any type of bolt ons. I have found that the guys at IPF and EDS are great at turning your tune around as quickly as possible. I have even gotten a tune worked on a Sunday when I was installing. I can't tell you how happy I am with the maturity of the kit and the service after the install to get your tune just right.
I am not after a track car but I wanted a reliable kit that could be tracked once in awhile. I have experience with other supercharged car, V8, but this kit was by far the easiest install.
Don't get caught up in the call outs by others. This is usually an indication of someone trying to prove out something. There seems to be many changes to these kits lately which leads me to believe these are not mature enough yet.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:34 AM   #348
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Don't get caught up in the call outs by others.
Exactly, and the road goes both ways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:30 AM   #349
Sikoriko

Drives: 2011 V6 IOM
not to bash any venders, its just the SC for the V6 is still new,
Old 10-30-2012, 09:01 AM   #350
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
I wonder at what point a vendor will be banned? Lets see we lost BmoreCam now Sixjak who is next. Ever notice its the same people talking about the same product being annoying and rude though never being banned. Sorry Six I am sure you can read this just not respond. It really is to bad the community of V6'ers has come to this. I guess if you ban the people who dont like your product you will sell more product.

Closed Thread

Tags
lol