Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-29-2013, 11:18 AM   #15
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
All I could do is laugh at this. You obviously have issues with Camaros so why get another one?glutton for punishment maybe? Like to complain perhaps? Idk. I think it's silly to even consider another Camaro if you claim to have as many problems that you say. But whatever, go buy it. I'm sure you'll be back with complaints about it too. The hot wheels edition is bleh IMO. The color is cool but I hate all the lame badging.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #16
cactuseater

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
Yes particularly weird that you of all people who had two bad Camaros a real freak occurrence .. would be considering a hot wheels Camaro and never have heard of them...and gee myself on my second problem free Camaro ss one of them having been a vert. You may be done sucking all the bad juju out of the Camaro universe from bad Karma.....?
Really ?? Not a freak occurance, go to the vert forum and you'll find plenty of reading material. I knew I would draw some flack. Not the only one with a lemon convertible. fyi. I am looking for some info on this particular car. I am sure there are those out there with no problems OR they just have Stockholm syndrome and live with it after GM refuses to make it right. I chose to fight them in court, and won. And yes, my problems with the car are WELL KNOWN, but that does not mean I hate Camaro....GM just had to actually get the thing right. It's a beautiful looking car.

Another reason why I haven't seen this particular car - is that I have not looked at them with any interest what so ever since late 2012 - however that does not grant a solid base to bash me because I do not know of the model variant.

From what I am gathering, GM finally got this thing together for 2013, and as I stated, the drive was completely different than the 2010-2011 model years. A world of difference.
cactuseater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:46 AM   #17
cactuseater

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
All I could do is laugh at this. You obviously have issues with Camaros so why get another one?glutton for punishment maybe? Like to complain perhaps? Idk. I think it's silly to even consider another Camaro if you claim to have as many problems that you say. But whatever, go buy it. I'm sure you'll be back with complaints about it too. The hot wheels edition is bleh IMO. The color is cool but I hate all the lame badging.
Yeah....thanks for the intelligent rant.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #18
cactuseater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
The difference between my 2011 and my 2013 was substantial. The ride and way it drove was what sold me.
I agree totally. Feels like a different car. I loved the drive, drove a few of them (2013's) and was very impressed over what I had before.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #19
cactuseater

Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
I say go for it. Awesome color. Moon roof isn't an option on the Hot Wheels cars. Does it have the dual mode exhaust?
Yep, dual mode.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:52 AM   #20
cactuseater

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadyshac View Post
You sound like you are biased against the Camaro, the hot wheels edition you are looking at is mechanically identical to all the others. The only big difference is the paint color and the "Hot Wheels" badging, it is an appearance package. The hot wheels thing is not for me but I love the blue color. Good luck but if you think Camaro's are that bad you should beware.
Nope not biased against Camaro, more directed at the suits at GM for past treatment, for which they ultimately paid for anyway...water under the bridge. The car is beautiful, as I said I owned 5 of the 5th gens. Probably should have known better and waited a few years for them to get all the bugs out. All the '13's I've driven (SS manual) so far have been identical except for the one without the short throw, kinda different. That short throw make a difference for sure.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #21
cactuseater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11TexaSS View Post
That HotWheels edition is sweet. Only color I like a little more then my Red Jewel. I'd say get it, especially if it's a LS3.
Oh yeah, had the Red Jewel - that is a killer color. Yes, it's the LS3, not the part time 4 cyl. automatic.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #22
cactuseater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-J View Post
Thank You !!! That's stuff I was looking for. Appreciate it. See you guys and enjoy your Camaro's..... and thanks to all that responded - even the negative.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:44 PM   #23
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
If you do bite on it I wish you the best of luck.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #24
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Not sure who told you only 500 were made, they haven't released any numbers of how many produced or to be produced

http://www.autotrader.com/research/a...-auto-show.jsp

I personally know of 3 around my town and I dont live in a huge city.

Correction: after some more digging I found some #s

Total in US: 1,524. I'm not trying to rain on your parade bc the color is gorgeous but Ive seen more of the Hot Wheels then 1LEs. Actually I have yet to even see one here. I was parked next to a v6 HW edition at a car show last month. If you like it, buy it!

Last edited by angie7; 12-29-2013 at 03:39 PM.
angie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #25
not
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS
Cactuseater, I and other vert owners lived through your rants and raves on the vert forum. We all felt your pain and a lot of your pain and buyback has been of help as GM now takes care of ragtop issues, even extends the warranty.

Here is the deal: after all the ranting you did calling GM and their affiliates everything but your brother, please, please, please DO NOT carry on when this one disappoints you for whatever reason, we don't care. Personally 2x would be enough for me, but maybe 3x is the charm for you.

Plus I have seen numerous comments the 21" wheels cause suspension problems and doom the car to failure. But heard that on the internet, you never really know about such things.

Good luck.
not is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:38 PM   #26
70rsz28

Drives: 70 rsz28,97 30th aniv conv 13 ht wh
if its a 2ss with npp & 6spd its one of 354 made, total produced was 1524. these numbers came from fbodfather. mine is one of 36 in canada. that car in canada was $ 52,000. i love mine, and i wanted a car that not everyone else had . to each their own some people don't like yellow cars , black cars etc, so do what please's you.
Attached Images

70rsz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 02:49 AM   #27
cactuseater

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rsz28 View Post
if its a 2ss with npp & 6spd its one of 354 made, total produced was 1524. these numbers came from fbodfather. mine is one of 36 in canada. that car in canada was $ 52,000. i love mine, and i wanted a car that not everyone else had . to each their own some people don't like yellow cars , black cars etc, so do what please's you.
Thanks for the input folks, I am definitely more educated on this version than before. Think I'll take the plunge.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:54 AM   #28
cactuseater

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Not sure who told you only 500 were made, they haven't released any numbers of how many produced or to be produced

http://www.autotrader.com/research/a...-auto-show.jsp

I personally know of 3 around my town and I dont live in a huge city.

Correction: after some more digging I found some #s

Total in US: 1,524. I'm not trying to rain on your parade bc the color is gorgeous but Ive seen more of the Hot Wheels then 1LEs. Actually I have yet to even see one here. I was parked next to a v6 HW edition at a car show last month. If you like it, buy it!

Angie, thanks for the info! Appreciate it. Sorry if my previous experiences with the brand were less than the best, they truly are beautiful cars. The experiences had more to do with the management at GM and their total arrogance at the time directed toward convertible owners with the known design flawed frame. This one car I test drove drives and runs world's different than those I owned previously. They've come a long way.