Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-09-2009, 10:38 AM   #15
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssump29 View Post
No it was an AMG I know cars, so theres no need to act like you guys know everything and everyone else is wrong. Sorry I looked at total weight, an honest mistake. The fact is the car still wasn't moving that great and wasn't as nimble. So having 25 more hp and weighing 100 lbs more isn't quite the advantage when moving like we were. If the guy couldn't drive sorry for him but he was hitting all the ins and outs just the same.

My point is, its a nice sedan but I don't think it runs as nice as a nice coupe which is what the Camaro is. Given they are about the same in performance. having 23 more TQ and 25 more hp and weighing 65 lbs more doesn't mean its just flat out a better performer and can't be beat by a stock Camaro, when more then likely it was a stock AMG also.

It runs much better than the Camaro even in ''coupe'' form. Its faster in a straight line, and even though its only about +30hp +25lbft the car runs much stronger than the numbers would suggest and (like noted above) with a $400 tune your going to be running M5's and CTS-V's off the road. On top of that its more nimble with better steering, which I can personally confirm.

Quote:
WAIT A MINTUE so now EVERY driver in the REAL WORLD like you put it are going to go out and get the same results as professional drivers? Why don't you find real world people who drive these cars and let me know what they are getting out of these cars. This the GT500 VS SS debate all over again. I simply give you an encounterment I had and you flat out tell me I'm wrong and it didn't happen. Right because the GT500 ran a 12.8 by one mag and another got a 11.9 so normal everyday drivers of this car are gonna get the best results. Who are you kidding, I'm not claiming to be a pro driver and I'm claiming the guy that was running with me was one either so why is it so hard for you to believe that the average person driving these cars can't beat one another?

Id venture to say that people who OWN the car and are USED to running it are going to be doing a better job than a journalist who gets the car for 3 hours. I dont believe you could have beat him because the BEST numbers for the SS still loose to the WORST numbers for the AMG.

So once again I'm going by MY experience and you want ME to go by what your MAG puts out. Thats like going and test driving a car and doing what you are capable of but ignoring that fact because a pro driver says it can do better. That may be the truth but thats what the select few will be able to do with it not the masses so thats not a true representation of what the car will do in most people hands.

Im not trying to convince you, im trying to prove to the OP that your wrong for the sake of his comparison.

k.
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:38 AM   #16
usmcbmw

Drives: 2LT Camaro RS, Land Rover LR2
c63 all the way
usmcbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #17
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
benchracing....ohhhh yeah!!!!

put Equal drivers in both cars and the C63 wins
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:44 AM   #18
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Drives: 2005 GTO,2006 M6, 2007 300 Touring
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
It runs much better than the Camaro even in ''coupe'' form. Its faster in a straight line, and even though its only about +30hp +25lbft the car runs much stronger than the numbers would suggest and (like noted above) with a $400 tune your going to be running M5's and CTS-V's off the road. On top of that its more nimble with better steering, which I can personally confirm.
What part of this stock do you not understand. Why do you keep bringing up a tune. I never said anything about tuning or dynoing it. I'm talking about taking it out in stock form. It's a DRIVER'S race, whats so hard to understand about that. ohhhh forget it. Love the C 63 and be blind to everything I have presented it makes no diff to me. It's a great car, lets leave it at that.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:46 AM   #19
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
What part of this stock do you not understand. Why do you keep bringing up a tune. I never said anything about tuning or dynoing it. I'm talking about taking it out in stock form. It's a DRIVER'S race, whats so hard to understand about that. ohhhh forget it. Love the C 63 and be blind to everything I have presented it makes no diff to me. It's a great car, lets leave it at that.

Its not a drivers race. Like I said before, the worst numbers for the AMG are still better than the best for the SS.

Game over.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:48 AM   #20
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
benchracing....ohhhh yeah!!!!

put Equal drivers in both cars and the C63 wins
I agree junkie and I never once said the C63 loses to the Camaro everytime or anything along those lines. I simply stated an encounter I had with one and then Zeus and Cowley went off with all the benchracing stats. I just providing stats in my post to make a point that the numbers aren't that far off each other and depending on who is driving is the difference. Thats all I was saying. More then less I just wanted to express my experience against one. Thats all I'm saying, there was no need for Crowley or Zeus to start the attacks on me.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #21
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
I agree junkie and I never once said the C63 loses to the Camaro everytime or anything along those lines. I simply stated an encounter I had with one and then Zeus and Cowley went off with all the benchracing stats. I just providing stats in my post to make a point that the numbers aren't that far off each other and depending on who is driving is the difference. Thats all I was saying. More then less I just wanted to express my experience against one. Thats all I'm saying, there was no need for Crowley or Zeus to start the attacks on me.
No attacks here, unless the truth hurts. Like I noted before, I was chiming in for the sake of the OP who wanted an honest comparison.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:56 AM   #22
ssump29
LOL at most people here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
No attacks here, unless the truth hurts. Like I noted before, I was chiming in for the sake of the OP who wanted an honest comparison.
The truth is you want to keep talking about racing in a straight line when I already stated from my very first post that we were on the highway moving in and out of traffic. So all your straight-line numbers and not factoring in any other variables doesn't mean jack if one person can't handle the car like another car handles their's. Power means nothing when you just can't only drive in a straight line. WHAT'S SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND about my story. IT WASN'T FROM A DIG and it wasn't straight line driving.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:06 AM   #23
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
this just keeps getting better...
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:22 AM   #24
WeeZee

Drives: SuperSport's
Any Benz with AMG on the back is better than most American cars, high end German cars are superior !!!
WeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #25
WeeZee

Drives: SuperSport's
Quote:
No it was an AMG I know cars, so theres no need to act like you guys know everything and everyone else is wrong. Sorry I looked at total weight, an honest mistake. The fact is the car still wasn't moving that great and wasn't as nimble. So having 25 more hp and weighing 100 lbs more isn't quite the advantage when moving like we were. If the guy couldn't drive sorry for him but he was hitting all the ins and outs just the same.

My point is, its a nice sedan but I don't think it runs as nice as a nice coupe which is what the Camaro is. Given they are about the same in performance. having 23 more TQ and 25 more hp and weighing 65 lbs more doesn't mean its just flat out a better performer and can't be beat by a stock Camaro, when more then likely it was a stock AMG also.
I thought C-63 AMG's were $189k I know CLS-63's are $200k and the only difference between a C series & CLS series is a CLS is a sedan & the C is a coupe. E-55 AMG's are $58k, maybe it was a E series AMG ?
WeeZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:33 AM   #26
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeZee View Post
I thought C-63 AMG's were $189k I know CLS-63's are $200k and the only difference between a C series & CLS series is a CLS is a sedan & the C is a coupe. E-55 AMG's are $58k, maybe it was a E series AMG ?
C63 AMG Base MSRP 53k

But on average you'll see them at 60k+ with options and because they are a rare car they get marked up a bit.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #27
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
Isn't the C63 an automatic? How hard is it to floor the gas pedal?

Now don't take this comment to encompass all Mercedes owners, but most I see are stuck-up looking girls or dorks who need that three point emblem for their status.

Camaro looks better IMO anyway.
2010 1SS RS, LS3, SIM/Black, painted rally stripes, AAC sidemarkers, Sunroof, B.A. sound sys; 20x9.5 & 20x11 SV1-C5's; MGW short shifter; Hotchkis Track Pack; Corsa catback; Kooks 1 7/8"; ADM Street; Magnacharger TVS2300 - 548rwhp/512rwtq
1100- 2/18/09; 3800- 6/15/09 VIN#18308; Delivered 6/29/09!!!!!

2014 CTS-V Sedan, Black/Black, Auto, Recaros, Ultra-view, Red Brembos. Stock
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #28
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
this just keeps getting better...

Gotta love Fanboys
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote