Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-27-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
HaveBlue

Drives: CTS/CAMARO
Fuel Pump Solutions from Aeromotive

Hi All, I haven't posted for awhile, but I saw these @ a show and thought of you guys

Aeromotive now has a replacement for the Walbro pump which pumps 340 LPH. Word is they can't make these fast enough.

From RSP's flow comparison article.
Quote:
According to the math, at base fuel pressure (40psi), using gasoline, assuming an 12.0:1 air/fuel rato, this pump can support ~1000hp which is important for you all motor guys. For those of you in the 15-30psi boost range (most turbo guys), assuming gasoline at a 11.5:1 air fuel ratio, this pump can still support about 747hp-843hp. Thats a pretty impressive number for a single pump.

And now an in-tank A1000 (up to 1300hp) or Eliminator (up to 1900hp)for the Camaro (similar to the Corvette kit).

SEMA PICTURES-PARTS & CARS
http://www.pbase.com/haveblue/sema_2009

Last edited by HaveBlue; 06-28-2011 at 11:09 AM.
HaveBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
I called aeromotive and asked about availability and pricing. I was told there are prototypes on the street now and could be released the 4th quarter of this year or the first quarter of 2012. Pricing should be similar to their corvette kits which run in the $750-850 dollar range depending on whether you get the A1000 or the Eliminator. I got these prices from the Jegs site.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
CyberPredator
50 Shades of Prey

Drives: TT/SS
This I'm intersted in.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:15 PM   #4
HP Addicts

Drives: N/A
I have also spoken to Aeromotive and a few other people about these, it should be a great solution for guys looking to make big power!
HP Addicts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
epstein
Account Suspended

Drives: SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to epstein
now that looks good....
epstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #6
WHIPPLECHARGED

Drives: 2011 1SS
Old 06-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
Synner

Drives: cars
Reading through the vette thread it looks like you'd likely need to convert the system to a return style so there'd be a good bit more money involved than just the pump though. But more options is always better.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:53 PM   #8
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
I saw this on House of Boost's site in reference to the corvette system. Synner is correct. The complete system includes everything (lines, fittings, regulator, etc etc etc)

A1000 In-Tank Fuel Pump Assembly Only: $749
A1000 In-Tank Complete System: $2,120

Eliminator In-Tank Fuel Pump Assembly Only: $934
Eliminator In-Tank Complete System: $2,305

Pro-Series In-Tank Fuel Pump Assembly Only: $1,140
Pro-Series In-Tank Complete System: $2,675
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #9
Boost6924

Drives: 2SS/RS
We Tested in tank aeromotive walbro replacements with fore dual hat and ips custom return fuel system. Fuel pressure was unstable from pull to pull and therefore untunable. Dropped the tank twice and could not find anything wrong. Finally two walbros back in and pressure steady as a rock. Aeromotive claims my pumps are ok. This is twin turbo car with 620rwhp level. I'm not the only one with this problem. Now, i'm interested about A1000 hat when it comes around..
Old 06-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #10
HaddadMotorsports

Drives: Camaro
good post
HaddadMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 11:03 AM   #11
HaveBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
I called aeromotive and asked about availability and pricing. I was told there are prototypes on the street now and could be released the 4th quarter of this year or the first quarter of 2012. Pricing should be similar to their corvette kits which run in the $750-850 dollar range depending on whether you get the A1000 or the Eliminator. I got these prices from the Jegs site.
Not sure when you called or who you spoke with but you'll see production units shipping in 30 days or so.

Old 06-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #12
HaveBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost6924 View Post
We Tested in tank aeromotive walbro replacements with fore dual hat and ips custom return fuel system. Fuel pressure was unstable from pull to pull and therefore untunable. Dropped the tank twice and could not find anything wrong. Finally two walbros back in and pressure steady as a rock. Aeromotive claims my pumps are ok. This is twin turbo car with 620rwhp level. I'm not the only one with this problem. Now, i'm interested about A1000 hat when it comes around..
They have already sold thousands of these pumps and had great feedback, FWIW.

Quote:
Mario Deniz with Titan Motorsports down in Florida has three of the new pumps in the tank of his widebody Toyota Supra. I believe I read elsewhere that Brett Clow has worked with him on setting this up, and it made some serious numbers today.

Titan 3.4L Stroker
Titan Motorsports Race Head
Titan 280 Cams
GT47R-80
Titan Aeromotive triple Pump Fuel System (2250cc injectors)
Virtual Work Intake Manifold
Haltech PnP P2000
Tilton Triple Carbon Clutch w/ Flywheel
Boostlogic T6 Intercooler
Etc.

First Pull 1080whp @ 31psi
Second Pull 1130whp @ 35 psi
Third Pull 1152whp @ 37psi

“also this was done using 3 intank aeromotive stealth 340s, and the car still has plenty of run in the fuel department. I think its safe to say they are living to their expectations.”

Old 06-29-2011, 02:32 PM   #13
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
These are both turbine style fuel pumps, which I do not suggest for in-tank use. They create a lot of heat and will fail. Stick with some Bosch or Walbro in-tank pumps or a nice Weldon external pump
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #14
HaveBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister@Torq View Post
These are both turbine style fuel pumps, which I do not suggest for in-tank use. They create a lot of heat and will fail. Stick with some Bosch or Walbro in-tank pumps or a nice Weldon external pump
A gerotor will beat it's self up in a modulated application. The 2 pieces bang into each other each time it stops and starts. A turbine spins up & down. No parts banging together.

House of Boost has installed over 100 of the A1000 in tank Corvette units. No failures.

Bosch's in tank pumps are turbine style

Benchmark quality from the worldwide leader in fuel injection technology.

Bosch state-of-the-art turbine fuel pumps offer many advantages when compared to older roller-cell and inner-gear pump designs. Not only do these pumps offer near silent operation and improved drivability, the core components of this turbine design significantly reduce wear and deliver a longer service life. That's an important consideration when choosing a replacement fuel pump. You can install Bosch Turbine Fuel Pumps with complete confidence. They're nearly identical in dimension and appearance to the units they replace for a precise fit every time. Plus, application-specific, illustrated step-by-step instructions are included with all Bosch Turbine Fuel Pumps for safe and easy installation.

Bosch Fuel Pump Features Bosch Fuel Pump Benefits
Superior turbine pump design Virtually eliminates fuel pulsation
Better drivability, reduced noise, longer life

Bosch impeller ring Smooth fuel flow
Reliable performance

Precision, spin-balanced and polymer-encased armature Reduced noise and vibration
Quiet operation

Premium carbon brushes, utilizing advanced materials Longer, reliable service life
Non-return valve Maintains system pressure
Reduces hot start problems

Noise suppression coil Virtually eliminates radio frequency interference