Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 02-17-2015, 05:33 PM   #1
SWAG1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE
Brand Loyalty

I've been reading up on the new 2016 GT350's flat-plane cranked 4v 8200 RPM 500+ HP beast engine. I must say it's a nice set up. The 2016 LT1 from Chevy is nice too however, it's a 2v old school set up with only 460 HP at 6200 RPM. Not too shabby either...

I love Chevy don’t get me wrong. Hell I have a built 498 BBC with 150 shot of nitrous pushing 1000 HP in my K5 Blazer. It’s just the new VOODOO engine from Ford is wicked!

Hard decisions coming up this fall for me.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:38 PM   #2
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Welcome to the modern muscle car era!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:21 PM   #3
BrutalSS

Drives: 2010 Hennessey Camaro
I gotta admit I am a die hard Chevy person (got three of 'em), plus here, Mustangs are like armpits, everyone has one. Not many Camaros around.
BrutalSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:23 PM   #4
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Brand loyalty is stupid. The new Mustangs are sweet. However, I'd bet a large sum that the 6th gen SS will wipe floor with the GT and whatever track model that's available will wreck the GT350.

In a lot of ways, Ford is playing catch up as far as trackable cars go. Just as GM has been playing catch up in the HD truck department (it's true, sorry).
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:41 PM   #5
BrutalSS

Drives: 2010 Hennessey Camaro
Brand Loyalty isn't stupid, I truly feel everyone should buy what they like, after all, they are the ones paying for it, not me.

Although I disagree GM is playing catch up on the HD truck market... Ford has had junk diesels for a long time, until the 6.7 came out, and their transmission is nowhere near the quality of the Allison. Dodge has the Cummins, great engine, but their Asin transmission is lacking in the quality department, everyone I know with a Dodge HD Diesel hates the transmission in them. Chevy has the best Combo of both, but, it's all a matter of perception.
BrutalSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 07:48 PM   #6
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Brand loyalty is very strong...people that don't get this is very confusing to me.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:07 PM   #7
Quicksilver-SS

Drives: 2014 1SS / RS M6
Grew up in a GM family. Brand loyalty runs strong. The only non GM car I ever bought was for my now ex wife. It was a Nissan 240 SX SE back when we were just married in 1992.
It was what she wanted....
However, I will say that if I ever bought outside the GM family, it would be a MOPAR before a Ford.
Quicksilver-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #8
AzItaliaSS

Drives: 2010 2ss RJT LS3 GONE....
you think we are losing some brand loyalists to the challenger and dodge? numbers are almost even now and ford is almost double(new mustang yes I get that) but challenger almost pulling even?

VARARAM, SWSP 1 7/8 LT'S,X-PIPE,CAT DELETE,DYNOMAX RACE BULLETTS, LSR SHORT SHIFTER ,CUSTOM BLACK EMBLEMS,MPD1 SPOILER, HP TUNE BY GEARHEAD GARAGE, INTERIOR ABL LIGHTING, CUSTOM STRIPING BY BEAVER STRIPES, EIBACHS
AzItaliaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:19 PM   #9
87GNX

Drives: Alot
Brand loyalty is very stupid imo...Its like dating one type of girl just because.....when there many hot ones from various cultures. I have owned the big three at one time or another and would do it again.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:43 PM   #10
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Brand loyalty is very strong...people that don't get this is very confusing to me.
Brand loyalty is what confuses me.

What are you loyal to, a giant corporation whose sole purpose is to make as much money for its shareholders as possible?

Umm, OK
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:08 PM   #11
SSCam99

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Our society is so fickle today... Brand loyalty can be a positive thing. Yes, GM is a corporation. Corporations are made up of PEOPLE (good and bad) so they are not some evil entity like the media makes them out to be. They have good times and bad times. Is it bad to want to make some money? Don't you get up in the morning to go to work and make money?

If you are loyal to GM (or any corp) you are loyal to those workers and what they've created. You help give them the jobs they have to do more and continue to improve their product and their service. GM has always given my family reliable vehicles and fair service prices. I like the people. So I ask, why NOT be loyal to that...?

I don't think I would have been able to afford my ZL1 if GM hadn't taken into consideration I have been a loyal customer all my life and given me every rebate they could. Maybe the loyalty worked both ways there...
Old 02-17-2015, 09:16 PM   #12
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
In my family, we have only ever dated and married redheads. I was raised in a red-headed family and consider anyone who is not a redhead inferior. Besides, brunettes are everywhere. You don't see that many redheads walking around.

See how stupid that sounds?! Now replace the hair color used with the brand of your choice. Still no less stupid. IMO, of course.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 09:22 PM   #13
SSCam99

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztwentypoop View Post
...anyone who is not a redhead inferior.
Curious, who said anything along those lines? People don't have to like the same things...

And if "redheads" worked for your family I'd say it was a good call to stick to redheads!

Personally I'm sticking to brunettes.
Old 02-17-2015, 10:49 PM   #14
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
Chevrolet has earned my brand loyalty, most of my family members are not Chevy fans. I'm a fairly big Mopar fan as well but have never personally owned one..

Last edited by Jsafe17; 02-17-2015 at 11:34 PM.
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote