Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-24-2011, 01:30 PM   #1
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Onstar-No Monthly Diagnostics

Since October I've had to call Onstar 3 times to request my monthly diagnostics because for some reason it isn't being done automatically. Each time I've called they keep putting emphasis on my email account asking has it changed, is the emails going to spam, or have I added their email to my contacts to assure that they're coming through. I KEEP telling them the email isn't an issue because when I log onto the Onstar account the diagnostics hasn't been done at all. If the email was an issue the diagnostics would have still been done but I just wouldn't have received the email. I also told them I've received 3 emails asking for my subscription renewal (although I'm sure it's a seperate email account it's coming from). I just wanted them to know I haven't had a problem with them asking for my money but for 3 months I can't get the service I'm paying for.

I had to call again today (which made the third time) because it wasn't done on the 21st as it should have and the lady said she's sending a forced manual check and that she suggest I change me email address with them . WTF? Has anyone had a problem receiving their monthly diagnostics?
Old 01-24-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
I had the same problem. I bought my car in February and received the first report but none after that. I called after the second month that was missed and they told me to be in the car and use Onstar to contact them. The operator was no help. She basically said "Well there is nothing wrong with your car so dont worry about it".
About 6 more months went by and I finally got angry enough to call and give them a piece of my mind. Same thing...go to your car and contact us and ask for technical help.
The guy I talked to said everything looked good.
Another couple of months went by...no reports.
Finally I started receiving my report in December and just got one for January.
Oh yes...when logging in online, the webpage would say "There is a problem communicating with your car. Please contact support".
So the bottom line is my trial expires next month and no way in the world I would renew. I have no idea if a signal would be received if I did have a wreck and that is the only reason I would have it.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:12 PM   #3
melody301

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
I had the same problem. I bought my car in February and received the first report but none after that. I called after the second month that was missed and they told me to be in the car and use Onstar to contact them. The operator was no help. She basically said "Well there is nothing wrong with your car so dont worry about it".
About 6 more months went by and I finally got angry enough to call and give them a piece of my mind. Same thing...go to your car and contact us and ask for technical help.
The guy I talked to said everything looked good.
Another couple of months went by...no reports.
Finally I started receiving my report in December and just got one for January.
Oh yes...when logging in online, the webpage would say "There is a problem communicating with your car. Please contact support".
So the bottom line is my trial expires next month and no way in the world I would renew. I have no idea if a signal would be received if I did have a wreck and that is the only reason I would have it.
That's crazy. 6 months went by before you started receiving your reports again? See my sub expires February 20th and I'm at the point that I'm not going to renew either mainly because there's no guarantee I will have sevice in an emergency situation.

I even asked the lady is it a possibility that because it's parked in a garage all day that may be that's the cause and she assured me that wasn't the problem because the car is driven everyday I should still be receiving my checks. But they are about to lose a customer if they can't figure this out.
Old 01-27-2011, 03:04 PM   #4
melody301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertyforall1776 View Post
Ask for an extension of the service time at no charge due to the lack of performance of their system... People do similar for broadband and cellular.
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely be doing that. As a matter of fact I'll tell them I want an extension until the month that I don't have to call and ask for the diagnostics.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #5
runner66
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs
I never get mine on time
.I am waiting to get mine today and still don't have it.the gave me 3months for free I am now good until may.but I still did not get mine today I think I will call them now?
runner66 is offline   Reply With Quote