Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-18-2011, 04:20 PM   #1
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Comparing Two Vendors

I'm want to purchase an HID headlight kit and came across these two websites. I've read that some people have purchased from BFXenon.com but their headlight kit is $259 which is higher than http://www.hidxenonheadlights.com/ which are selling the kit for $149. Has anyone purchased from this company before? Here's a link to the two kits.

http://www.hidxenonheadlights.com/Ch...maro-HID-Kits/ I couldn't get a direct link to the price of the kit but once I clicked on the $79.99 buy now button the price came up as $149 because of the bi-xenon high and low beams

http://www.bfxenon.com/ProductDetail...HID%2DCAMAROHL
Old 01-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Haven't heard of the HID Xenon Headlights site but one thing you want to look at is warranty. Not sure what BfXenon's is but the other one is only 1 yr.

Make sure to get Bi-Xenon lights so you have HID in both the low and high beams. That might be where some of the price difference is.

Also, contact BfXenon because I've seen them run 10%-15% discounts for this forum. That will get you a closer price.

AAC is a big vendor here as well. More expensive but at least they are lifetime warranty......that's lifetime of them being in business though.

Now....saying all that I'm going to have to throw out the fact that you should look at doing HID Projectors instead of just the HID kit. A little more money and work (not much though) and 10x better lighting. Plus....the HID kit is technically illegal. Although, other than an inspection I doubt you would get pulled over for it. Projectors are the legal way to do it.

You should at least know about the option.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120440

I had the HID kit for about 10mths. I would get the occasional flashing of the brights from on coming traffic. Not with the projectors. The dip down in the light keeps it out of on coming traffic's eyes.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:29 PM   #3
melody301
NY Football Giants YAY!!!

Drives: 2011 LS
Oh wow I didn't know all that...projectors vs. kits. Thanks for the information. I think projectors is the way I'd rather go because I don't want my low beams glaring into on coming traffic. Thanks for all the info. I think you've guided me in the right direction.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
BFXauto.com
Account Suspended

Drives: Dodge... for now!
Thanks for the opportunity for us to chime in on this! Obviously we can only speak for ourselves and I would love to share some info on our product. Here are a very bullet points:
- Lifetime Warranty
- 100% Plug and Play installation
- HID High and Low Beam (NOT HID Low beam and Halogen High beam!)
- OEM Focal points
- Live Technical Support
- Very Quick Shipping Times

and please feel free to call if you have any questions. We would be glad to help out with any questions you might have!! Here is the link for your car:
http://www.bfxenon.com/ProductDetail...L&Show=ExtInfo
BFXauto.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
OMG those HID kits are so annoying. I want to run people off the road when they come at me with those. Projectors look better, have a nice lighting set up and dont blind people..
Old 01-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #6
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythezo6 View Post
OMG those HID kits are so annoying. I want to run people off the road when they come at me with those. Projectors look better, have a nice lighting set up and dont blind people..

HID kits are better than Halogen but don't compare to projectors.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 01-18-2011, 05:53 PM   #7
caverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by melody301 View Post
Oh wow I didn't know all that...projectors vs. kits. Thanks for the information. I think projectors is the way I'd rather go because I don't want my low beams glaring into on coming traffic. Thanks for all the info. I think you've guided me in the right direction.
Cool.....if you have any questions, just ask.
Build Journal