Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 07-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #113
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Drives: Built '10 IBM 2SS; '15 Black Z/28
plan changing... I can't start break in until Monday.... after the 4 heat cycles, can the 'easy' miles be highway miles? the loss of time and my work schedule are about to make impossible to finish break in and fluid swap before getting on the road....dammit...
Old 07-27-2012, 09:26 PM   #114
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Breaking mine in at the track as we speak.
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #115
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Marine View Post
plan changing... I can't start break in until Monday.... after the 4 heat cycles, can the 'easy' miles be highway miles? the loss of time and my work schedule are about to make impossible to finish break in and fluid swap before getting on the road....dammit...
Yea, when your on the highway heading to the Fest, just vary your speed. Staying at a constant speed is what you want to avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by se7en View Post
Breaking mine in at the track as we speak.
So how do you like it and how did the passes go?
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #116
se7en

I'm amazed, speechless, ecstatic... you name it! I cannot believe the difference in quality your setup has compared to the DSS I had in it. Night and day difference and solid as a rock now where as before I had nothing but noise and "clunking". It's one of those deals that I wish I knew then what I know now, so I wouldn't have had to go through all the problems I had with your competiletors. Thanks Chris for making an outstanding product and reassuring me that we would get my problems solved. The car, drivetrain, suapension has never felt better.

Also: Raymonds Performance did such a great job on this install. The quality of their work combined with your 9" in my opinon was the perfect setup for me.

I'm sure there isn't too many people out there that have had an entire DSS kit in their car and a GForce so if anyone wants my opinion please pm me for the details.

Thanks again Chris......badass product brother!!
Old 07-28-2012, 01:08 PM   #117
GFORCE1320

Quote:
I'm amazed, speechless, ecstatic... you name it! I cannot believe the difference in quality your setup has compared to the DSS I had in it. Night and day difference and solid as a rock now where as before I had nothing but noise and "clunking". It's one of those deals that I wish I knew then what I know now, so I wouldn't have had to go through all the problems I had with your competiletors. Thanks Chris for making an outstanding product and reassuring me that we would get my problems solved. The car, drivetrain, suapension has never felt better.

Also: Raymonds Performance did such a great job on this install. The quality of their work combined with your 9" in my opinon was the perfect setup for me.

I'm sure there isn't too many people out there that have had an entire DSS kit in their car and a GForce so if anyone wants my opinion please pm me for the details.

That's great!

I knew you would like it. And like I said, we don't want to run down the other brand but simply like showing what makes our kit different and stand apart, plus you now know why we offer a Lifetime warranty.
We have really worked hard at making our 9" kit the Cadillac of 9" kits.
We make little improvements on our kit all the time whenever we come across something that will make a better kit we make the changes.

Thanks
Chris
Old 07-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #118
se7en

I fully agree and don't want to put down another brand either as they helped me out a lot, but at the end of the day it came to quality.

From a consumers perspective and talkin with my installer this kit is by far superior to anything else on the market! Plus it very easy to install for the average guy who knows how to turn a wrench where other brands had to be notched, ect......

Here is the plan: beat the hell out of it tonight again and then change the fluid. It took a killer beating last night and still quiet a can be today.

If your able to Chris give Strange a thanks from me also as I'm putting this current center section through hell and it's holding up good and staying quiet. Pulle a 1.49 60ft last night.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:03 PM   #119
TornadoSS
WICKDSS

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IOM LS3
Quote:

AWESOME! Gforce Rocks with a quality Product!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
That's great!

I knew you would like it. And like I said, we don't want to run down the other brand but simply like showing what makes our kit different and stand apart, plus you now know why we offer a Lifetime warranty.
We have really worked hard at making our 9" kit the Cadillac of 9" kits.
We make little improvements on our kit all the time whenever we come across something that will make a better kit we make the changes.

Thanks
Chris
CHRIS! I came by the shop just after 11 today and your car was there but no one answered the door, was gonna see if I could buy you lunch some where! Oh well. Slaving away in the machine shop I suppose?! Catch you next week sometime.
TornadoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #120
GFORCE1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by TornadoSS View Post

CHRIS! I came by the shop just after 11 today and your car was there but no one answered the door, was gonna see if I could buy you lunch some where! Oh well. Slaving away in the machine shop I suppose?! Catch you next week sometime.
You just missed me, I'm here this afternoon machining Camaro stubs
Old 07-28-2012, 05:37 PM   #121
Stay Marine
Still love daily drivin'

Drives: Built '10 IBM 2SS; '15 Black Z/28
Chris; got by Nat'l Speed in the middle of their install; will get completed Monday...but MAN...I love the looks of everything.... to include the side by side of the DSS axle. The housing looks awesome and that driveshaft...man!! Love what you all are pumping out and can't wait to sing your praises at Camaro5Fest III...
Old 07-28-2012, 06:52 PM   #122
BullF-16
USAF retired! Thank God!

Drives: 2011 1SS, 1LT red,1LT/RS SGM 98Z28
Chris, as you know your awesome 9"kit blew my motor but i said the hell with it. I have been driving it daily with the broken ringland and just taking it easy on the boost. The GForce kit drives better than the stock setup even at OEM levels....you know how i like it at stupid levels

Cant wait for the new motor and to start punishing it again.

I'm really glad you guys are getting recognized here on C5. You and DSS represent this platform well and thanks for your products!
HKE LSX427(Mast blk lbl 305 6bolt LS7heads, PatG231/246 blower cam, RWHP/TQ: 1281/1133 SNL Performance Custom Twin PT6766 BB turbos 4 to 25psi selectable on the Boost Leash controller, Squash dual 400LPH/ID2000s, ALKY 4 gal meth, Autometer AFR/Bst/oilpres/oiltemp/fuelpress gauges, Pedders Justice road crs pkg: All HD bushes, supercar 12kg coil overs, supercar ZL1 sways, camber plates all setup by JusticePete! :Gforce 9" 35spline S-Trac, 1500hp Outlaw axles, 3.5"alum DS, Monster Triple disc; 4xForgeline 19x10.5 4xBridgestone 305/30R19 RE-11, CTS-v calipers/rotors/Cobalt friction XR1/3 pads

Last edited by BullF-16; 07-28-2012 at 07:34 PM.
BullF-16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:46 AM   #123
GFORCE1320

Quote:
I fully agree and don't want to put down another brand either as they helped me out a lot, but at the end of the day it came to quality.

From a consumers perspective and talkin with my installer this kit is by far superior to anything else on the market! Plus it very easy to install for the average guy who knows how to turn a wrench where other brands had to be notched, ect......

Here is the plan: beat the hell out of it tonight again and then change the fluid. It took a killer beating last night and still quiet a can be today.

If your able to Chris give Strange a thanks from me also as I'm putting this current center section through hell and it's holding up good and staying quiet. Pulle a 1.49 60ft last night.
What kind of times you running Brandon? Beat on it as hard as you want. We've tested our 9" kit in our shop car with repeated 5500 rpm transbrake launches on slicks just to see if it could take it and we couldnt break it

Quote:

I'll be at the shop today if your out and about, I get hungry about 12 LOL

You going to C5Fest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stay Marine View Post
Chris; got by Nat'l Speed in the middle of their install; will get completed Monday...but MAN...I love the looks of everything.... to include the side by side of the DSS axle. The housing looks awesome and that driveshaft...man!! Love what you all are pumping out and can't wait to sing your praises at Camaro5Fest III...
That's great man, the guys at National Speed have called a couple times now talking about how nice our kit was and how it just bolted right in. They are really impressed. Reports like this really puts a smile on my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullF-16 View Post
Chris, as you know your awesome 9"kit blew my motor but i said the hell with it. I have been driving it daily with the broken ringland and just taking it easy on the boost. The GForce kit drives better than the stock setup even at OEM levels....you know how i like it at stupid levels

Cant wait for the new motor and to start punishing it again.

I'm really glad you guys are getting recognized here on C5. You and DSS represent this platform well and thanks for your products!
Jim, I'd like to take credit for breaking your motor but your right foot deserves most of the credit LOL

On a side note, you like talking about how fast you've been on our new driveshaft, we recently sold a 9" kit to a G8 customer and he reported he got it up to 180 mph before running out of road. He is looking for a longer stretch of road to see if he can hit 200!
They drive crazy in Mexico!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #124
TornadoSS
WICKDSS

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IOM LS3
Quote:
I'll be at the shop today if your out and about, I get hungry about 12 LOL

You going to C5Fest?
Hey Chris, probably won't make it by today. Not gonna make C5 fest this year. Decided back in May I can only get so many vacation days in! Lol. I am really hoping its in Texas next year!
TornadoSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:58 AM   #125
GFORCE1320

Quote:
Hey Chris, probably won't make it by today. Not gonna make C5 fest this year. Decided back in May I can only get so many vacation days in! Lol. I am really hoping its in Texas next year!
Or Topeka, Texas would be nice too
Old 07-29-2012, 10:45 PM   #126
se7en

Quote:
What kind of times you running Brandon? Beat on it as hard as you want. We've tested our 9" kit in our shop car with repeated 5500 rpm transbrake launches on slicks just to see if it could take it and we couldnt break it
Ive been running 1/8 and at mid 6's. The heat is killing my top engine mounted SC :(
I have some work to do in order for it to run 9's consistently, but we'll get there soon none the less.