Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
B O R D E R L A N D S ! ! !

is amazing...That is all.

Gamestop didn't have their shipment ready yesterday, so I drove around for an hour looking for place with an extra copy to no avail. I get home from work at 2:30am this morning only to find out that after 2.5 years, my first RRoD on my xbox360. While I'm waiting for it to get fixed, an xbox live arcade console will work for the two/three weeks before getting returned.

It allowed me to experience the playgasm that is borderlands...

Anyone else have it for 360 that want to party up with my Mordecai and friend's Lilith?
Old 10-21-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Been watching that commercial close.

It is a starwars spin off?

Or are they just SW fans?
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:17 PM   #3
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
Been watching that commercial close.

It is a starwars spin off?

Or are they just SW fans?
Neither. AFAIK it's supposed to compete with Fallout 3 in some areas. IMO it fails.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:35 PM   #4
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
Neither. AFAIK it's supposed to compete with Fallout 3 in some areas. IMO it fails.
Hmmm just allot of what I have seen in the short 5sec clips several of them look very similar to SW charters, or is it just me???

[BTW how is FO3???

I was sorly disapointed with FO2, in the same way it was suppose to compete with Postal but that failed, played the game for about 20 mins, uninstalled it and wish I could of gotten my money back.]

Last edited by 2ndgenz28; 10-21-2009 at 11:03 PM.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:47 PM   #5
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
Looks pretty cool to me Mindz, it's different, which i like. just watched a video or two on it... seems like the developers really like their weapons

what games you figure the controls resemble? anything at all? or pretty unique..just trying to figure how funky it would be to learn

i'm definitely interested in picking it up
Old 10-21-2009, 11:30 PM   #6
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

it looks like an updateed comic version of the counterstrike engine.

it's normal FPS controls but simplified. VERY easy to pick up and master. I keep forgetting to use my class skill all the time though.

X is use/pick up/activate things
Y is cycle weapons
A is Jump
B is cancel
RB is grenade
RT is fire
LT is zoom (like CoD IIRC)
LB is class skill (I'm Mordecai the hunter/sniper so I send my hawk to dive bomb).

I'm at work so I can't really remember much, but the game is very fun and addicting. It gets you involved immediately with less hassle than Fallout 3 (which I've been playing non stop this past week). The quests are easier to get to and levelling up is super quick. You feel like you can accomplish more throughout the game, and monsters have levels so you aren't really limited to where you can go other than if you can survive.

What sets this game apart is that it was built around multiplayer coop games. the enemies increase in numbers the more people you have, and better loot drops from the harder challenge. It's fun and challenging, but not overwhelming in single player, and I can imagine how chaotic it will get with 4 people going at it. The game is built to have very little down time, and the vehicles drive the same as halo (forward/reverse with turns, not gas/brake/ebrake/etc.) You can swap driver/gunner in vehicles at the touch of a button and you can select if you want machine gun or rocket launcher for vehicles. It's an MMO basically with FPS properties and an RPG-esque levelling system.

Loot falls to the ground like playing Diablo series games. Very fast paced, non-stop action fest with big explosions, with a comical twist. Everything they wanted to do for this game hit very big. Think of it as Need for Speed vs. Gran Turismo (Borderlands vs. fallout 3). Fallout is the more realisitic scavenge/survival game, while this is a have fun and take your aggression out with your buddies and forget what day it is game.

I love them both, but borderlands is more my type of game because it has interaction with other people vs. fallout which is more morality based and has a deeper story.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:59 PM   #7
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
BTW how is FO3???

I was sorly disapointed with FO2, in the same way it was suppose to compete with Postal but that failed, played the game for about 20 mins, uninstalled it and wish I could of gotten my money back.]
Dumped the old engines and whatnot after Black Isle went under. Sold the rights to Bethesda and used the engine for Oblivion to rework the game from scratch. IMO it's one of the best, if not the best game I've played in a long while.

And I'm a picky gamer/movie watcher.

The Expansion packs add their own flavor to the game but aren't worth paying for by themselves. Get the Game of the Year edition, it has all 5 add ons.

Fallout: New Vegas (not Fallout 4) is the next game slated to come out. It's not being done by Bethesda but by a company that has a few of the original Black Isle guys on staff. It's said to use the same engine but with a whole new story line.. Maybe a few engine tweaks.

My only gripe is that my PS3 has a bad problem after installing GOTY of freezing on certain portions of the map. (Newly added portions only).

I hear they're working on a patch to fix this. All in all I love the game. I mean you get to set off a Fat Man - like Nuclear weapon in a town. Real time cinema of the explosion and all..

And deep rpg stories are my thing.. Borderlands looked a bit like Fallout met Super Smash Bros.
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:23 AM   #8
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zabo View Post
And deep rpg stories are my thing.. Borderlands looked a bit like Fallout met Super Smash Bros.
I'm an RPG person by nature as well, but this game isn't meant to be that game, fallout is. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's smash bros, but definitely more arcade-y kill and loot like diablo. something you can do without much thought.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:37 AM   #9
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
tried to pick it up, but no one has it. Is it really that good? Or did they just not make enough copies?
Old 10-22-2009, 12:41 AM   #10
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

There's plenty of copies around here. I can mail you one if you want...lol
Old 10-22-2009, 12:44 AM   #11
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
I'll look for one tommorrow morning
Old 10-22-2009, 01:40 AM   #12
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro

similar controls to cod4, that's good for me, what i'm used to.
i'll look for it on friday/saturday. i've got you on live, right mindz? i'm deer.

we can party up this weekend if you want another player (i've got exams this week)
Old 10-22-2009, 03:11 AM   #13
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

deer in rut? then yes I see you online al the time. I'm playing in about an hour and 20 minutes when I get home.
and I will be playing until 4pm PST tomorrow/today (Dope Chops is my xbl GT)
Old 10-22-2009, 07:17 AM   #14
Days75

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS A6
I played the first day it came out got a Hunter to lvl 6 and got to Nine toes and he did me up good. I tired to form a group online to kill him but just sat in lobby in an hour before giving up. My xbox live id is Days75 if anyone wants to play.
Days75 is offline   Reply With Quote